Thank You Original Peeps

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
I was looking back on the past five years of Em-8ER and found some of the first "embers" of it's birth.
I DID NOT know that in 2016 Grummz had a Change.org petition to see how much interest there would be in making this game. From the description it says that before the petition he was inundated with requests from, at that time current and old Beta FireFall players begging him to make a game with the original vision FireFall was conceived to be at its core
With that Grummz posted the petition and it steamrolled from there. The three Milestones started and each was blown out of the water receiving hundreds of times the goal. Now we have Newcomer packs, continuously improving Demos, Skins! We've come so far!!
I love Grummz original petition pitch, which became the core of Em-8ER->
Em8er follows the principles and vision of the original game design.
  • A shooter first, with great movement, guns and abilities. Skill matters. Progression is horizontal, opening up more options and abilities and gameplay.
  • Mining and gathering of resources with the aid of huge, autonomous mechs. Resources matter, and finding and gathering them is fun.
  • Build and customize your own "omniframe" suit and weapons system. Customize them to your unique needs and the role you want to fulfill.
  • Sandbox world. Terraform the planet over time, create pockets of habitable areas and build refineries, defenses, and bases of operation.
  • Play a simulated world, with dynamic events. Go anywhere, do anything. Events will unfold around you as you play--perhaps even war.
OUTSTANDING!!! If I knew about this back then I definitely would have joined sooner!

So, back to why I am writing this.
it is to thank all the unsung FireFall lovers who originally took the time to contact Grummz and beg him to make the game. Who knows if we would even be here if not for them?
So again, Thanks all you FireFall-Grummz-stalkers and thank you Grummz for creating Firefall and it's spiritual sequel Em-8ER.
That is all.
PTJ

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
it is to thank all the unsung FireFall lovers who originally took the time to contact Grummz and beg him to make the game. Who knows if we would even be here if not for them?
Most of us wanted that, it was as if firefall couldn't end that way that's just a sad way to end.
So with Em8er successor the story unfolds for something better something that even the chosen could not compete with.

Your words, not mine.
*starts romancing a tsi-hu passionately.*
Could be future milestone of the double agent in pursuit and its novel chapter of the secrets in the gates :O

I'd also like some racing in the time loop and we must get to the end and escape or otherwise we lose all that we collected in that time.

Plus our vehicles/meks could be corrupted if we lose and we have to salvage the good parts and could use them to create our vehicles or for a better model. The corrupted parts may be processed and turned into something else or kept and reverse engineered with tsi-hu tech to unlock something different such as a tsihu speed pod.

The speed pods are small racing pods with corrupted effects and its small enough that even your pets could go inside!