Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Some questions i was thinking about when Em8er is out

- Which graphics will give a decent fps and smooth experience to at least a high setting and minimum at least medium setting
a) 1080p
b) 1440p
c) 2k

I am not sure if anyone does play at 4k /8k hmm

- Would it depend on the monitor resolution too

a) 60hz -75hz
b) 144hz
c) 240hz - above

- What pc build setup would you create now or for the future if you could towards a:

a) 1080p 60/144hz + build
b) 1440p 60/144hz + build
c) 2k 60/144hz + build

- Are there graphics cards that provide a good balance between performance and power consumption in relation to the above?

Personally i am going to save up since prices are super high for lots of things currently.
I'd be really happy playing Em8er at 1080p at high settings with an almost consistent fps on a 144hz monitor

From what i was told going down the Amd route could be a very good option however i have not had an Amd system ever
only had Amd graphics card.

What are your thoughts on having a super duper computer to you that can do all the good stuff you want and still be efficient??

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
It's quite hard to say what you'll need once the game comes out especially now with performance fluctuating so much between the last 3 builds.
Capture.PNG
We lost 30% going from UE4 to UE5 and another 52% going to Nanite. we've effectively lost two thirds of our framerate.
Also :
UE5 is not final release
We don't have textures on anything and we don't know to what extent we'll use Nanite
We don't have invasions which will arguably be the most demanding encounter

But Lets pick the UE5 None Nanite build and subtract lets say 20% to compensate for non existing textures So that puts us at 116 FPS in running an UW so lets add like 5 FPS to simulate standard 1440p

So Final is 121 FPS at 1440p Epic Settings. (That's with a 3080)

1080p Max I'd say 3060/ 3060 Ti / 3070 or AMD equivalent
1440p Max I'd say 3070 Ti / 3080 or AMD equivalent
4K Max I'd say 3080 Ti/ 3090 or 6900XT

That's to get that 120 FPS, not super scientific cause there's so much that can change and there are a lot of things we're not taking into account like CPU, I have an almost 4 Year old 6 Core CPU.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
We lost 30% going from UE4 to UE5 and another 52% going to Nanite. we've effectively lost two thirds of our framerate.
Also :
UE5 is not final release
Oh yes i bet once it has matured that it would be much better i am hoping.

We don't have textures on anything and we don't know to what extent we'll use Nanite
We don't have invasions which will arguably be the most demanding encounter
I am really happy that you lot are being super thorougher because there are games out there that are not even optimized and released and seem very poopy so this gives me great confidence what is going on.

That's to get that 120 FPS, not super scientific cause there's so much that can change and there are a lot of things we're not taking into account like CPU, I have an almost 4 Year old 6 Core CPU.
Ah that cpu there is so many out there do you feel that the more cores / speed is better for a game does it need to be at a certain number e.g 4 cores /speed or do games need more cores /s[eed on a cpu for future games?

With memory of gpu have seen as an example Rtx 3060 with 12gb gddr6 compared to rtx 3060 with 8gb rtx 3080 10gb and Amd with Rx 6700xt 12gb what is you thoughts on this, does it help or not make much of a difference with more graphic memory?

Also do you think it is worth to get something like a Rtx 3k series or amd equivilant on sale or to wait for the future gpu i even wonder if the next gen of gpu's have any difference because some do not have even much of a performance different rather a relabel a few little extras and a price increase.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Also my friend told me something about power supply there is different one's so what helps?

Some have this energy thing 80 plus and its grades Platinum, gold, bronze, etc

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
Ah that cpu there is so many out there do you feel that the more cores / speed is better for a game does it need to be at a certain number e.g 4 cores /speed or do games need more cores /s[eed on a cpu for future games?
So in terms of CPU it's pretty well established that right now 6 Core is the Sweet Spot, 4 Core will still do but some games start taking advantage of more cores, you can look at the steam hardware survey
Capture.PNG
4 Core CPUs are still dominating but 6 cores are close behind.

With memory of gpu have seen as an example Rtx 3060 with 12gb gddr6 compared to rtx 3060 with 8gb rtx 3080 10gb and Amd with Rx 6700xt 12gb what is you thoughts on this, does it help or not make much of a difference with more graphic memory?
In terms of VRAM the number of games using more than 8GB of VRAM is very very low, and that happens usually at 4K.

Also do you think it is worth to get something like a Rtx 3k series or amd equivilant on sale or to wait for the future gpu i even wonder if the next gen of gpu's have any difference because some do not have even much of a performance different rather a relabel a few little extras and a price increase.
There's a worldwide shortage of semiconductors, I don't think we'll see GPUs at MSRP let alone on sale.
It also depends on what you have and what you need.

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
Also my friend told me something about power supply there is different one's so what helps?

Some have this energy thing 80 plus and its grades Platinum, gold, bronze, etc
The 80+ rating indicates how efficient a power supply is, here's a chart:
80plusratings.jpg
This doesn't mean a PSU is good in terms of quality as we learned from the Gigabyte PSU problems
Just make sure to get one from a good brand like Corsair/EVGA/Seasonic

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
So in terms of CPU it's pretty well established that right now 6 Core is the Sweet Spot, 4 Core will still do but some games start taking advantage of more cores, you can look at the steam hardware survey
View attachment 4996
4 Core CPUs are still dominating but 6 cores are close behind.

In terms of VRAM the number of games using more than 8GB of VRAM is very very low, and that happens usually at 4K.

There's a worldwide shortage of semiconductors, I don't think we'll see GPUs at MSRP let alone on sale.
It also depends on what you have and what you need.
Thanks for clearingthis up @Skube, have a better idea what to think about :cool:

This doesn't mean a PSU is good in terms of quality as we learned from the Gigabyte PSU problems
Just make sure to get one from a good brand like Corsair/EVGA/Seasonic
Super, my current one is a seasonic have not had an issue with this one so far and its a 80+ gold it says.

Another thing some i know have 32 gb of ram on their computer some even higher but for just the gaming would 16gb ram be enough?

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
For efficiency, the 80+ standard isn't bad. Gamers Nexus on YouTube is starting to perform tests and reviews on individual PSUs to verify this and other qualities. As for how well built and/or quality of materials in a specific PSU I personally look at the warranty. IMO, generally speaking, a PSU with a 5 year warranty is better than a PSU with a 3 year warranty and so on for build quality and such.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
With the energy issues ongoing building an energy efficient computer makes more sense.

What parts would you suggest for this to have all components as energy efficient and to still perform @ 1080p 144fps on high settings or minimum medium for quite some time since I'd like it to be ideal for Em8er too.

Also avoiding any rgb lighting stuff and avoiding wireless connectivity.

Please Include the listing of the components below and its price if possible:

- Monitor
- Case Preferably Full Atx
- Fan
- Memory ram
- ssd drive
- Psu
- Motherboard
- Cpu

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Looking around for a 1080p setup and lower energy use this looked like an interesting setup.

build amd.jpg

Roughly $983.37 could be less

What do you think?

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
Looking around for a 1080p setup and lower energy use this looked like an interesting setup.

View attachment 5509

Roughly $983.37 could be less

What do you think?
This build is really good but you can see that the CPU already includes a cooler that is good enough if you don't overclock. So you can save some money by not getting an aftermarket cooler.

I'd suggest getting a Gen4 NVMe drive but if you choose not to, make sure to put the one you have here in the Gen3 slot so that if you' ll get a Gen4 later you can put in the Gen4 slot to get the most out of it (The Gen4 is usually the top one and Gen3 the lower one, but check the manual to be sure)

Also I'd suggest Bumping your PSU to 850W to allow yourself to upgrade to a higher end GPU if you'd like to.

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
Ah then the monies instead of the cooler can go towards the nvme drive nice and what do you think of this one below?

https://www.samsung.com/us/computin.../980-pro-pcie-4-0-nvme-ssd-1tb-mz-v8p1t0b-am/

Don't think upgrade of gpu is happening anytime soon so guess its ok with how it is in my opinion.
The 980 Pro from Samsung is a superb drive!

I'm not saying you'll upgrade in the next few months maybe in a year or two you'll decide to get a used RTX 3080 or RX 6800 XT or even a used RX 7800 XT which those require a 750W/850W PSU just saying upgrading then would be as easy as just swapping GPUs but hey you do what's best for you mate.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
One thing that was a concern for me was the price of things and not forgetting the cost of energy too.

I have never done such things as this before so it was interesting to know that undervolting for nvidia or amd cards could benefit on a decent performance relative to power use.

My question now becomes what graphics card choice do i have taking into account undervolting to keep a good performance at 1080p 144hz ultra to high most likely high.

The parameters of below 150watt or lower on the graphics card, not sure if that takes into account power spikes too?

After reading away this graphics card looks like an interesting one
Rx6700

1668448857180.gif

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
What about this @Skube ?

CPU = AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Processor (6C/12T, 35MB Cache, up to 4.6 GHz Max Boost)

Graphics card = PowerColor RX 6700 Fighter 10GB DDR6 HDMI + 3xDP

CPU Fan = Noctua NH-U12S redux, High Performance CPU Cooler with NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM 120mm fan (Grey)

Storage = SSD M.2 1TB Samsung 980 PRO Heatsink NVMe PCIe 4.0

RAM = 32Gb Kit (2x16) DIMM DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V PC4-25600 (3200 Mhz) F4-3200C16D-32GVK

Power supply = Seasonic FOCUS PX-650 Fully Modular PC Power Supply 80PLUS Platinum 650 Watt

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
What about this @Skube ?

CPU = AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Processor (6C/12T, 35MB Cache, up to 4.6 GHz Max Boost)

Graphics card = PowerColor RX 6700 Fighter 10GB DDR6 HDMI + 3xDP

CPU Fan = Noctua NH-U12S redux, High Performance CPU Cooler with NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM 120mm fan (Grey)

Storage = SSD M.2 1TB Samsung 980 PRO Heatsink NVMe PCIe 4.0

RAM = 32Gb Kit (2x16) DIMM DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V PC4-25600 (3200 Mhz) F4-3200C16D-32GVK

Power supply = Seasonic FOCUS PX-650 Fully Modular PC Power Supply 80PLUS Platinum 650 Watt
Looks great, I hope you have other drives for mass storage case all my games take up more than 1TB of storage