Video-Games You're Playing (Re-Start)

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I had an eye on this game someone mentioned something about an earthquake that destroys all their hard work on the base have you come across that?
Depends how close to the epicenter you are. If the earth quake centers on your base...yes it is painful. Tornados aren't nearly as strong but can wreck a good trail through the base as well. I found meteor showers to do more random damage and if it is simultaneous with an attack, defenses take a pounding, even with two repair towers running.

The maps get to be huge so even though a comet can technically hit your base too, things are pretty rare. Meteors showers are everywhere though. I'm loving the game and wondering how much more of the planet will open up. Regardless of building big or spread out, the more you build the bigger the reaction from the environment/wildlife.

My final thought is if someone wants to wait for a minimum of 30% sale, that would be good. I'm glad I got it early at a 15% sale though. Worth the $27 for flashy destruction and random intense chaos with a base builder/tower defense play? People should check it out.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Depends how close to the epicenter you are. If the earth quake centers on your base...yes it is painful. Tornados aren't nearly as strong but can wreck a good trail through the base as well. I found meteor showers to do more random damage and if it is simultaneous with an attack, defenses take a pounding, even with two repair towers running.

The maps get to be huge so even though a comet can technically hit your base too, things are pretty rare. Meteors showers are everywhere though. I'm loving the game and wondering how much more of the planet will open up. Regardless of building big or spread out, the more you build the bigger the reaction from the environment/wildlife.

My final thought is if someone wants to wait for a minimum of 30% sale, that would be good. I'm glad I got it early at a 15% sale though. Worth the $27 for flashy destruction and random intense chaos with a base builder/tower defense play? People should check it out.
I am waiting for a job first, and then see if this goes on sale :D
If not i'll be able to experience even more action in Em8er when that is out!

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
Path of Exile released a new thing today. I'm playing it a bit and it's already pretty boring.

There are a lot of fundamental mechanics that are too difficult to micro manage. It isn't about complexity as such, but more like the convenience of keeping track of all the layers of nonsense. I'm especially annoyed at inventory management lacking global searches and sorting.

I know I'll make a mid-level character that'll get obliterated by some simple mechanic I haven't min-maxed to be 105% immune to. I can't stand copying other peoples' builds, crafting is an absolute mess and trading is annoying and feels like cheating.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Path of Exile released a new thing today. I'm playing it a bit and it's already pretty boring.

There are a lot of fundamental mechanics that are too difficult to micro manage. It isn't about complexity as such, but more like the convenience of keeping track of all the layers of nonsense. I'm especially annoyed at inventory management lacking global searches and sorting.

I know I'll make a mid-level character that'll get obliterated by some simple mechanic I haven't min-maxed to be 105% immune to. I can't stand copying other peoples' builds, crafting is an absolute mess and trading is annoying and feels like cheating.
I see it gets these updates and haven't installed since the last time i played cannot remember after reading your experience it makes me want to check this again.

Then i can use the fellow with the big club or the witch ... have they added any new characters?

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Playing the Riftbreaker right now too, really addicting for me :D
I 'think' I'm about to beat it. But turning the rift on is....bad. no spoilers, but at least you can fail the objective and still try again. Just wow.....I thought I was prepared.

It is an incredibly fun game. I got X-Morph and xpacs too from the same company.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Gave Path of exile another go and going at snail speed it was quite fun apart from some annoying deaths !
Also wish they had a better guide only knew more than what was told in the game by looking in the poe wiki and some folks on the youtube explaining this better.

The most annoying thing for me is using the mouse to control myself as i am more used to the w,a,s,d :D
Plus i have yet to figure out how to change my hotkeys to use my abilities as a ranger type class.

To pass the time it is good, may get bored with it at some point so options for games helps then can always go back to it or then again when Em8er does arrive my gaming fun should hopefully be satisfied.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I'm a Dune mega fan since reading the original chronicles in the mid 90s. I have loved every RTS game that came out for the series.

....I am HIGHLY skeptical of this though.

https://massivelyop.com/2021/12/02/...ening-just-picked-up-a-co-developer-nukklear/

But! I am very excited over this!

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/after-a...led-rpgs-of-all-time-is-getting-an-expansion/

I hated what happened to thus game. I wanted to see the original expansion get released before everything got canned. I still load my old save file up on Steam from time to time. An expansion to it has my nostalgia wheels turning.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I just got and am very much enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn. I find it tells a good story and I enjoy luring machines into my trip wires. The blend of kind of Fallout post catastrophe with superstitious primitive cultures is fun and intersting. I am only part way through and leveled way up, as I am doing everything possible and wandering around harvesting machines in a dangerously obsessive manner. The flow and balance seems good (playing on hard at the moment).