Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Back to manifest and and the walking dead

Resurfacing of the truth is happening not exciting yet perhaps the next episode hmm.

Walking dead well got to admit made me understand Negan better, sometimes goodies can turn bad given the situation :eek:

Binging LUFICER's latest season, while I work on some weapon-idea and techno-babble for Em-8er.

I've been almost thoroughly enjoying the series, so far, but...

RANT WARNING

I'm halfway through the new season and I'm so fucking tired of rolling my eyes over the overt sociopolitical messages. Yeah, the show having crime and drama is a prime place for it, but as usual, they've made the same mistake every other show does, these days, they just couldn't be subtle or clever or creative about it in any way. It's almost as if I'm listening to a panel discussion on a political show solely dedicate TO IT and not a TV show meant for entertainment.

Even though it's all in the side-plot, it nearly overshadows the main one, when it shouldn't. It shouldn't even be secondary. Police brutality, lack of accountability, corruption,...even Adam's involvement is predictably turned into a dig aimed more at patriarchy, rather than the scriptures and religious traditions that have enshrined and perpetuated it for so long (if they had made a dig at the latter, it would've been better). Do they really think they're being subtle with this politicization? Or are they purposefully this on the nose, hoping the woke crowd will love it? Which they do. Because they, too, forgot what watching TV shows should be about. Escapism! Escape from the real world, not a constant bash over the head from it, reminding you of its problems!

Here's hoping DEXTER and its writing didn't succumb and sunk to such lows.

I'm seriously thinking about restricting myself to sci-fi, low and high-fantasy, both on-screen and in my reading. Those are genres that they can't necessarily dump full of blatant virtue-signaling sociopolitical commentary, simply because it's either in a future where those things wouldn't really be problems anymore (society having changed drastically for whatever reason, utopia, dystopia, post-apocalypse, far future space-conquering...etc.) or it's a fantasy world where they don't have to make parallels to the real world just to make those references, because it wouldn't make sense for the characters to have had such struggle (even if the actors/voice-actors say lines that are more like their grievances from the real world, rather than anything their characters logically would've experienced in the fictional world they're in).

I now realize, that this is what also makes me like sci-fi and low fantasy, steampunk, cyberpunk...etc. better than other genres, other shows. They have less room to shoehorn any political proselytization in.

It's so saddening and pathetic how frequent this is becoming. This is also why I'm interested in funding stuff like Em-8er, because I know its story/lore/world won't bash me over the head with this stuff. It doesn't have to and the writers don't feel like they have to.

Got the one for games, why not shows?

Whoever remembers Reign: The Conqueror and Aeon Flux animated shows, this will appeal to you.

Wow, I checked out that Reign: The Conqueror thing. WHAT a bizarre style and no punches were pulled with the use of curse-words and more adult themes. But, I worry that shows like it, or Blood of Zeus (which I've already watched) are only welcome by a smaller portion of today's audience, while the majority would need all sort of trigger warnings, if the show would even make it on-screen. And it's a good thing they're on NETFLIX. Shows and their writers and animators didn't have to cuddle their viewers back then. I watched the old SPAWN series, too, a little while back and even though there are more brutal shows now, like iNVINCIBLE, they are very few and far between.

But, of course, the main thing about them isn't the brutality, that's not solely what draws people in. Rather, it's a departure from what they've gotten lulled into in these past few decades.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
That is another good show!!!

I really like the X-files even though its old the characters and how they worked together it was believable.
Also each episode had weird stuff happening and weird stuff can be good i am still on season 2 got much more to rewatch.

Going to watch evil i am not sure how season 2 will be but i do know that one of the actor was from person of interest and even in lost so i like him and the guy who acts as luke cage as the priest i think.

1632399186010.jpeg
There's even a goat shame it wasnt a good goat hmm

Binging LUFICER's latest season, while I work on some weapon-idea and techno-babble for Em-8er.

I've been almost thoroughly enjoying the series, so far, but...

RANT WARNING

I'm halfway through the new season and I'm so fucking tired of rolling my eyes over the overt sociopolitical messages. Yeah, the show having crime and drama is a prime place for it, but as usual, they've made the same mistake every other show does, these days, they just couldn't be subtle or clever or creative about it in any way. It's almost as if I'm listening to a panel discussion on a political show solely dedicate TO IT and not a TV show meant for entertainment.

Even though it's all in the side-plot, it nearly overshadows the main one, when it shouldn't. It shouldn't even be secondary. Police brutality, lack of accountability, corruption,...even Adam's involvement is predictably turned into a dig aimed more at patriarchy, rather than the scriptures and religious traditions that have enshrined and perpetuated it for so long (if they had made a dig at the latter, it would've been better). Do they really think they're being subtle with this politicization? Or are they purposefully this on the nose, hoping the woke crowd will love it? Which they do. Because they, too, forgot what watching TV shows should be about. Escapism! Escape from the real world, not a constant bash over the head from it, reminding you of its problems!

Here's hoping DEXTER and its writing didn't succumb and sunk to such lows.

I'm seriously thinking about restricting myself to sci-fi, low and high-fantasy, both on-screen and in my reading. Those are genres that they can't necessarily dump full of blatant virtue-signaling sociopolitical commentary, simply because it's either in a future where those things wouldn't really be problems anymore (society having changed drastically for whatever reason, utopia, dystopia, post-apocalypse, far future space-conquering...etc.) or it's a fantasy world where they don't have to make parallels to the real world just to make those references, because it wouldn't make sense for the characters to have had such struggle (even if the actors/voice-actors say lines that are more like their grievances from the real world, rather than anything their characters logically would've experienced in the fictional world they're in).

I now realize, that this is what also makes me like sci-fi and low fantasy, steampunk, cyberpunk...etc. better than other genres, other shows. They have less room to shoehorn any political proselytization in.

It's so saddening and pathetic how frequent this is becoming. This is also why I'm interested in funding stuff like Em-8er, because I know its story/lore/world won't bash me over the head with this stuff. It doesn't have to and the writers don't feel like they have to.
The old episodes of Lucifer where very good it just got abit strange to me after the later seasons.
One Show that was great was Dexter even though he was a killer i liked him because he was getting rid of those who deserved it.

If he was working as part of the judge dredd team well dexter would have a good time i think.