Skeptical of the game

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
My point was with all the hoopla about exploiting the female body and such, maybe a bit more about the male battleframe would be in order. Another thing I noticed when I played FireFall was the number of males using a female character instead of male. Can't say why, but was the first game I encountered that while playing. Maybe male players want to be a different gender and this type of game allows that, i cannot say because I don't have all that information. It was just my observation. With all the focus on gender this and that, it could be anything. like the world isn't confusing enough as it is.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
There's going to be a tsi-hu war :O

Whatever you are whom ever you are, come right away to the Sky city Cpt Lucretia has some things to discuss!

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
Like I said, SY, we are all free to think what we want. I was just being inquisitive. I actually walked up a group of people and heard some really insulting remarks about females and jumped to the defence. I was promply rebuked because all of the group were really males and a couple were in female character. So my bad for knowing or being able to read minds. But I held my ground since my wife was also my partner in the game and was standing next to me when this happened. And you suggest I made it up. Thanks for the support.

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
Maybe chivalry really is dead and no one stands up for anything these days. I still respect women and everyone as that is how i was taught. I guess i am just old school, but there is always someone or something. And FireFall seems ages ago.

Setzaroth

Nov 22, 2018
My point was with all the hoopla about exploiting the female body and such, maybe a bit more about the male battleframe would be in order. Another thing I noticed when I played FireFall was the number of males using a female character instead of male. Can't say why, but was the first game I encountered that while playing. Maybe male players want to be a different gender and this type of game allows that, i cannot say because I don't have all that information. It was just my observation. With all the focus on gender this and that, it could be anything. like the world isn't confusing enough as it is.
Lol, literally nobody cares. The only time this is an actual "issue" is when developers cave to tine, loud outrage mobs. If you ignore them it's a non-issue

Mad

Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Firefall was originally community funded. However as soon as investors were involved the community lost a lot of things. Founder only crate worldspawns suddenly became available to non founders. Founder bonuses were removed and replace with a garbage buff. Gliders which we paid REAL money for suddenly got truncated so they were all on the same timer. That one was a major burn because the whole point of buying the gliders was to speed up traveling across the world.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Firefall was originally community funded. However as soon as investors were involved the community lost a lot of things. Founder only crate worldspawns suddenly became available to non founders. Founder bonuses were removed and replace with a garbage buff. Gliders which we paid REAL money for suddenly got truncated so they were all on the same timer. That one was a major burn because the whole point of buying the gliders was to speed up traveling across the world.
I still remember the rocket glider woossssssssssssssssh

Myst

Archon
Ark Liege
Hypedration
Aug 19, 2016
Small problem with your post here, as we didnt see the game until it was WELL into development, paid for with money from investors before we had even seen the game we had all come to love. The just gave us the option to buy in early and give them some little extra spending money, thats all. Might wanna take a look at this post here just so your aware. https://forums.em8er.com/threads/not-exactly-a-complaint.1896/post-60233 .

That said, I agree, founder only crates should have been us only. Founder bonus nerfs were garbage. Glider nerfs sucked. The problem here is, that all of this took place well after Grummz Resigned, and left, and they had plenty of time to change course, but they didnt. They kept just saying "Grummz this Grummz That", despite the fact he had no impact at that point because he was kept running around the globe so they could just keep the devs working on the project the way they wanted, not the way the community wanted far up until the point he resolved, and then much past that when he did leave, when these changes happened.

raven0ak

Ark Liege
Ark Liege
Jul 23, 2017
one reason could be that female avatar is nicer to look at compared to male avatar, to these kind of players character is not their avatar but character to look at

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I also think avatars could be how some want to represent themselves too.

Perhaps one is a zebra, if they couldn't maybe they could have the human avatar with zebra pattern!
Think having just humans is boring because when looking at something like startrek or starwars
there are many race types and that is interesting even to create your own mash up.

1626394201814.jpeg

1626394489006.jpeg

What if certain skins/features came from different biomes or different planets and this is a result of the environment and evolution. Maybe some are even made through a Custom Genetic Alteration Facility
where you have to research and scan things to create the pigmentation or even ridges across the face etc etc

Also if you could change as an example if i was a pilot would be a non-human and when i am in the social district could be a human / mutant etc

Aug 25, 2016
New Zealand
FireFall fan here started at the Closed Beta, loved it so much I bought the USD100 founder pack. Lost the beanie now though :(
Played through multiple changes. New resource, yep, mined a node with a newbie and my sniper using the smg secondary weapon.
Even when they nerfed the crafting system I kept playing. Nothing like a Bastion with 8 turrets. Blasting bugs was my thing. Maxxed out all the frames and kept playing, had some cool online buds from Canada and other places on the other side of the world. Helped a guy with his depression ( a condition that I also deal with )
Things I missed before FireFall went away:
Complex crafting system, if you can't grok it then buy from those that can using the in game trading system, that's what it's for.
Resource quality levels: Not just generic X but better X. Did get a bit frustrating for a casual player but I found enough 80% nodes to keep my friends and I geared up.
Equipment degradation, this might be controversial but having gear wear out keeps the in game resource mill churning. A good thing. Again if you can't hack it then use the in game trading system to buy new gear. Use real money to get in game coins. It got to the point where I had several milllion in game coins and nothing to do with them but that wasn't the point. I enjoyed interacting with others and helping the noobs, I think I was in an game ranger at some point.

Anyhow, I miss FF and all the lovely complex interactions that went with it.
From what I can see Em8er seems to be going the Hentai route, not into that. I would like to have a plain character without abs, balding hair, male preferably, short and nondescript and still kick ass.

Flashy graphics and voluptuous characters doesn't make a game I want to play. I want complexity and depth.

Just my thoughts.

DeadVolcano

Edit: Fix spelling drok -> grok. If you don't grok it then nevermind ;)

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021
I actually walked up a group of people and heard some really insulting remarks about females and jumped to the defence. I was promply rebuked because all of the group were really males and a couple were in female character. But I held my ground since my wife was also my partner in the game and was standing next to me when this happened.
I know your post was made last year and I have nothing personal against you. But I just want to say that your post there is complete and utter cringe.

Maybe chivalry really is dead and no one stands up for anything these days. I still respect women and everyone as that is how i was taught
Women have killed chilvalry, especially those of the Fem leaning types. You know, muh ekwalertee and all that. Meaning that any man who treats women with chivalry (which of course means that the woman would be treated differently to how a man would be treated in the same scenario) is supposedly "sexism". Unless of course, if the man carrying out the chilvalry is a handsome 6-foot plus Alpha with a 6-pac and 6-figure salary then chivalry suddenly becomes okay.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019
I know your post was made last year and I have nothing personal against you. But I just want to say that your post there is complete and utter cringe.
It's more worrying that this post you quoted has likes from forum regulars. This is the type of virtue-signaling used by political extremists.
In addition, it is completely off-topic. The OP was talking about progress, funding and communication.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
It's more worrying that this post you quoted has likes from forum regulars. This is the type of virtue-signaling used by political extremists.
In addition, it is completely off-topic. The OP was talking about progress, funding and communication.
After seeing the concept art of the space trucks wonder could a dropship land on it?

Every time i read the word virtual signalling i think of virtual planes getting the all clear to go!

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
Ok I will admit being off topic and sharing my views about how I was raised. That has no place here and I apologize. I guess beauty is really in the eye of the beholder and we all have our like and dislikes. I cannot impose my thinking on anyone, that is not what I was saying. We knew what was to be included in the game and I have no issue with it.. I am anxious to play this great game. I will welcome all here, we are lucky to have all these abilities and options available as most games have you under whatever the devs consider cool and acceptable. Hope I haven't argrivated too many people, we need all the comrades we can get.