Chief Chat Thursday, April 9th, 2020 11 AM P.D.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers!
This Thursday Grummz and I will be hosting a Chief Chat.
Join us, and bring all your best Em-8ER questions.
There will be raffles and Q & A time with Grummz.
Maybe even a few other surprises. Come and find out!

***DATE: Thursday, April 9, 2020***
***TIME: 11:00 am (PDT)***

***CHECK BELOW FOR THE CHIEF CHAT TIME IN OTHER TIME ZONES:***
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New York, USA Thu April 9, 2020 at 2:00 pm EDT
Minneapolis, USA Thu April 9, 2020 at 1:00 pm CDT
Salt Lake City, USA Thu April 9, 2020 at 12:00 noon
MDT Uruguay, South America Thu April 9, 2020 at 3:00 pm UYT
London, United Kingdom Thu April 9, 2020 at 7:00 pm BST
Berlin, Germany Thu April 9, 2020 at 8:00 pm CEST
Zürich, Switzerland Thu April 9, 2020 at 8:00 pm CEST
Helsinki, Finland Thu April 9, 2020 at 9:00 pm EEST
Moscow, Russia Thu April 9, 2020 at 9:00 pm MSK
Dubai, United Arab Emirates Thu April 9, 2020 at 10:00 pm GST
New Delhi, India Thu April 9, 2020 at 11:30 pm IST
Beijing, China Fri April 10, 2020 at 2:00 am CST
Tokyo, Japan Fri April 10, 2020 at 3:00 am JST
Sydney, Australia Fri April 10, 2020 at 4:00 am AEST
Auckland, New Zealand Fri April 10, 2020 at 6:00 am NZST

Last edited:

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
My question to Mr. Grummz:
For what i understood about the equipment repair system, if we have a full tier 3 omniframe but the world drop to tier 2, we are unable to repair it until we get world tier 3 again, so we should use tier 2 omniframes during that time.
But that means we should have several frames (maybe 2-3) of each tier for when those things happen, and that could lead to the problem about the inventory system with a lot of weapons, equipments... and their management.

My suggestion is something that Mr. Pandagnome brought up in another topic about a "gem" system that could be used to equip weapons/armour/abilities...
In that feature weapons and equipment could be untiered but the "gem" could be tiered, and we need to repair the equipment with common/any resource and the "gem" with any tiered resource.
But if the world tier drop from tier 3 to 2, we just need to switch our tier 3 "gems" to tier 2 "gems" and keep playing with the same omniframe and equipment, this could save a lot of inventory space.

So the question is, what Mr. Grummz think about this?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
My question is regarding vehicles and how they will be different and appealing.

Such as in the real world we have various vehicles e.g
- Firetrucks to stop fires
- Medical vehicles to help injured people
- Armored units to go into more dangerous areas
- courier vehicles to deliver things
- submarines to go underwater
- ships to go in the sea
- blimps and hot air balloons to explore and take tours
- wing suits to glide further

Lets say we had vehicles that could do certain things some better than others some with better carrying capacity and others much more nimble.

Lets say the fastest is the mek light frame in skim mode and vehicles some can be at least close to that?

Now in firefall the bike had a turbo would such turbo mode be added because that was very cool especially going off jumps with the turbo activated.

You mentioned vehicles will be added do you see them as just holding pilots or can some hold meks too like the dropship ?

As a pilot could i choose to play in the vehicles would my survival chances be better in a mek or in an alternative vehicle in numbers but then i guess it all depends on the situation and the area hmm

Thorp

Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
California, CA
Question: what thoughts are there about allowing players to "refine" ore to improve the quality.

Follow up question: has there been a confirmation about what tools players will have to tell them in advance what nearby resource qualities are?

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Question: what thoughts are there about allowing players to "refine" ore to improve the quality.

Follow up question: has there been a confirmation about what tools players will have to tell them in advance what nearby resource qualities are?
I've only heard about the "spike" that will come out of your Omniframe which you use to slam into the ground to scan the area for ore/minerals. Sorta replacing the scan hammer from FF

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I've only heard about the "spike" that will come out of your Omniframe which you use to slam into the ground to scan the area for ore/minerals. Sorta replacing the scan hammer from FF
Wonder if the spike can be used to open crates of stolen resources, in robocop he can use a data spike to access data so i wonder if the thumpr can use the spike like a key?

Then i also wonder could it be used as a weapon or would the drill be the weapon this time?

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
Wonder if the spike can be used to open crates of stolen resources, in robocop he can use a data spike to access data so i wonder if the thumpr can use the spike like a key?

Then i also wonder could it be used as a weapon or would the drill be the weapon this time?
A close quarter combat spike into the eye socket of a Tsi-hu for a glory kill?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
A close quarter combat spike into the eye socket of a Tsi-hu for a glory kill?
Painful the tsihu could survive with one eye as a pirate perhaps and what if a retinal scan of the eye on the spike could be used for:

A) Entering a tsihu base with an eye
B) throw at enemy, eye see you!
C) Scan the eye with tsihu vision for things you could of missed, before the eye dies.

VRK9

Sep 15, 2017
Portugal
Another question for Mr. Grummz:
One of the things about Firefall that i loved was its report system, where we could easily report bugs and other things.
In most games out there, reporting bugs, players... isn't that easy, in many cases it's so hard that normally most people prefer not reporting.

So my question is, will Em8er have an easy report system like Firefall had?

Status
Not open for further replies.