Personal observations on v2 geesuit update

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Obviously this is my own opinion, but I was comparing the first 3D rendering we got for the geesuit and wanted to post some feedback.

1571346275214.png

1. I noticed the neck area was adjusted. I do not know if this geesuit is supposed to be modular or not, but if not I really really prefer the original look. The new look appears very stiff and straight and a little too reminiscent of Mass Effect armor design; incapable of allowing characters to tilt their head back. The original flared out and looked a lot more organic, almost like the top of a roguelike vest. It made the character feel a little bit "bad girl" to me, which resonated well with my own preferences.

2. Personal preference, I like the ribbing on the waistline a bit more than the original version (though the detail at the base of the spine in the new one is cool). I also feel it would be cool if a toolbelt could be draped around the gsuit hips with some pouches and tools for quick omni-frame field repairs.

3. Really, can we get rid of the ass crack? I mean no offense, but this isn't a batman suit with predefined nipples on it. The area needs to move and stretch, nobody wants to wear the equivalent of a g-string all day every day. Also the suit is gonna need some "plumbing" if the Reapers are going to be in them for long periods of time fighting and it has to go somewhere.

Things that I did like, obviously some of the detailing has been added, and I really like that the suit appears to have hard-points intended to interface with the omni-frame. The shoulder-blade area looks drastically improved and the shoulders are awesome. I also very much like the direction on the wrist area.

Last edited:

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Good feedback!

I wonder if the belt you speak of could be an accessory instead of being part of the geesuit itself. Would be another cosmetic item that could be earned/bought. I'd hate to have some folks not want the geesuit due to not liking the belt style.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Yes and no? I personally feel the belt itself would add some character to the waistline area which is currently rather plain/flat, so include the belt on the geesuit. Then have different options for what to put on it as an accessory.

Last edited:

DinsdaleP13

NEW - SHIFTER
Jul 26, 2016
Arizona, U.S.A.
1. If we can't have popped collars, and wear multiple sunglasses at a time, I'm out.

2. Ribbed for your pleasure. I too, would like a bandoleer.

3. If you get rid of your ass crack, how you gonna poop? You do bring up a good point though. The male geesuit does need molded in Batman nipples. Can't wait to see those!

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
The area needs to move and stretch, nobody wants to wear the equivalent of a g-string all day every day. Also the suit is gonna need some "plumbing" if the Reapers are going to be in them for long periods of time fighting and it has to go somewhere.
What's enough for an explanation. The pilot is protected by shields only, for God sake.

Toshi

Ember Dev
Sep 24, 2017
toshitne.imgur.com
Obviously this is my own opinion, but I was comparing the first 3D rendering we got for the geesuit and wanted to post some feedback.

1. I noticed the neck area was adjusted. I do not know if this geesuit is supposed to be modular or not, but if not I really really prefer the original look. The new look appears very stiff and straight and a little too reminiscent of Mass Effect armor design; incapable of allowing characters to tilt their head back. The original flared out and looked a lot more organic, almost like the top of a roguelike vest. It made the character feel a little bit "bad girl" to me, which resonated well with my own preferences.

2. Personal preference, I like the ribbing on the waistline a bit more than the original version (though the detail at the base of the spine in the new one is cool). I also feel it would be cool if a toolbelt could be draped around the gsuit hips with some pouches and tools for quick omni-frame field repairs.

3. Really, can we get rid of the ass crack? I mean no offense, but this isn't a batman suit with predefined nipples on it. The area needs to move and stretch, nobody wants to wear the equivalent of a g-string all day every day. Also the suit is gonna need some "plumbing" if the Reapers are going to be in them for long periods of time fighting and it has to go somewhere.

Things that I did like, obviously some of the detailing has been added, and I really like that the suit appears to have hard-points intended to interface with the omni-frame. The shoulder-blade area looks drastically improved and the shoulders are awesome. I also very much like the direction on the wrist area.
The first pic was a rough sketch I made based on the concept art. I didn't have a back view so I winged it, trying to make something coherent with the front. The new design is based on input from the concept artist, who clarified how he intended things to look like and I worked with that. Yeah collar is stiff now, I liked it to flow but it's beyond my control. Maybe we could add some variants in the future with more options, I don't know. As for ass crack, it was left clean for a reason I can't comment on yet, animation related. it won't be that prominent in game. Right now we're scrambling to get things working for the KS, so things are always subject to change.