Spam Thread - Madness revised

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016

Trump’s former top Russia adviser expected to discuss Giuliani, Ukraine in impeachment probe testimony

"Sondland is scheduled to appear before impeachment investigators Thursday and plans to say that the context of a text message insisting there was no quid pro quo in play was given to him directly by Trump in a phone call, according to a person familiar with his testimony"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...015c1c-ee34-11e9-8693-f487e46784aa_story.html

Jul 26, 2016
#WeWillRemember #MorallyBlindEnoughToPostThisOnHisOwnYouTubeChannel

I don't have any respect for the government now. There is way too many people that are in power that are afraid of the "negative effects" of impeaching a president and removing him from office. It ain't going to happen. They are just too scared.

They may impeach him but they ain't going to remove him from office. At this point I have my doubts they will impeach him. It's all just one big rodeo where the bull ends up safe from harm, while the clowns are beat up.

Jul 26, 2016

This is crazy. Finding out there are competitions like this is even crazier.
This dude and everyone in this particular competition had to sit there and memorize each block, set them up in a particular odor so that he can pick them up blind, then use his memory to solve each block. He solved 51 out of 50.
The 2nd place dude solved 47 out of 50.

So I'm guessing from that and looking at the others in the background in this competition, competitors had to solve a certain % of blocks correctly to advance forward in the competition. Doing this once of twice is awe-inspiring for me. Doing this far more than that is freaking madness.

Last edited:

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
I had a friend who did rubix cubes (fast, but not blind. also digital ones with extra dimensions). I think they memorize the sequence to do, not the actual colours on each cube. so it's like when people memorize a really long series of cards, except they need to work out what the cards are, but they have fewer cards and some sequences are impossible.

according to wikipedia, the longest optimal solution for a rubix cube is 20 moves. since some are shorter, but they probably don't usually get the best solution, for 50 cubes it's kinda like they're memorizing 1000 cards in sets of 20ish. 1924 cards (divided into decks) is the record for cards memorized in an hour at the world memory championships. so they're not actually memorizing that much and have lower penalties for messing up. I wonder if they are allowed to use notes to aid their memorization. if they are, it's actually way less impressive than the cards: go cube by cube and make notes, then memorize notes, then solve the cubes. if they aren't, it's amazing that they can work out the cubes without forgetting the previous ones.

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
I don't have any respect for the government now.

Respect is appropriate for Ambassador Yovanovitch and Fiona Hill ( at the very least ). They have "called down the lightning" on themselves and their careers in order that "the truth be told". Braver than I am they are.

People repeat the slur that "all politicians are corrupt". You and I rely on emergency and municipal services EVERY SINGLE DAY that are run by politicians who do the best they can with what they have. The vast majority of people ( IMHO ) are good people and the few that are corrupt would have us believe otherwise.

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
#ADiplomaticStiff-Arm #WeLookPretty@#$%WeakAtThisPoint #TheWholeWorldIsWatching

#ALotOfSand
Watch the woman in the background's sustained reaction around the 1:30 mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.