Multiplayer Demo is LIVE! Give us your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
I should have started this post with my thoughts on the demo so, here you go ... WHERE ARE MY GLIDERS, JETPACKS & GUNS???:D Also, my reaction video; Just replace the word "Father" with "Gliders & Jetpacks" ... Hehehehe, I couldn't resist. xD

BUT NOW ONTO THE SERIOUS STUFF ... BUGS!

Here are bugs that were discovered by Wyntyr, myself, and others who were logging into our hosted game.

Discord names are referenced to help the Dev Team in case they need more info (copied most from the Main Lobby):

1. Jeppe#8860: Multiplayer tries to force start VR to start up.

2. JakeDaltara#4108: I'm getting an error message on startup. clicking "OK" lets me keep going, but it's there nonetheless.

3. FAERYL: I left the game Wyntyr was hosting and I couldn't find it when I attempted to log back in. Additional info from GigaBear: seems that Steam may have been locking up?

4. WYNTYR: Host can hear the tangy landing noise from other players in zone even when not nearby.

5. FAERYL: It doesn't show the true number of players except for 1 out of 5 (1/5).

6. Faeryl & others: The in-game sounds in both the Multiplayer and the Movement Demo randomly cut out for a brief time; about five seconds or so.

7. ModWolf#0083 & Faeryl: Both noticed the horizon seems tilted. It doesn't matter where you stand in-game. If anyone else experiences this, please weigh in down below.

**EDIT: The horizon does seem to correct itself if you are the host.

I'm sure someone will find more but this is a good start.
I may edit this if we find any more.

:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Hi All!

@Team: RESPECT! :-D

Next week I can and will definitely contribute at least with my presence.

Cheers: DoktOrk :-D
The dropship is waiting hurry we have lives to save!

I will be running/hosting a Steam/uk multiplayer this evening between 8pm - 9pm. Anyone welcome to join in.
Poop i missed it again let me know when you do this again please!

NateX

Ark Liege
Jun 22, 2017
Today, some peeps wanted to do a recording in the 5man basic multiplayer demo. At one point we had 6 players running around.

Also, I was curious if someone that bought the demo could upload it say to google drive for others without access(but with an ember account) to be able to download and login. So, I made an alt account and successfully logged into the server we were using. might want to put some account linked tag that the downloadable demo will check for when players login.

Also.... My connection was set to Chicago and the host was set to Atlanta and yet I still found them on the server list and joined them.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Hi All!

Tomorrow (23. July) at 18:45 CEST (09:45 PDT) I will host a game in the region Germany - Berlin. I will be there for approximately 50 minutes if anyone would come to test the stuff. :-D

I'll try to make it, we must attempt the conga line to
and Mexican omni jump wave

Last edited:

DoktOrk

SHIFTER
Omega Founder
Jan 7, 2018
Yes, sure!
Especially as no one could come.
I try to declare my next hosting some days before the session.

Nevertheless I have 2 minor things for you guys, sry if it was already mentioned:
1.) The OF turns itself in the same direction by jumping, regardless of the former angle.
2.) The landing sound is a bit hard in my personal opinion, considering how smooth and silent the machines nowadays can absorb the energy of a planned landing. (I could understand such a noise as an OF would fall from a good 50-60 meters or so...)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Yes, sure!
Especially as no one could come.
I try to declare my next hosting some days before the session.

Nevertheless I have 2 minor things for you guys, sry if it was already mentioned:
1.) The OF turns itself in the same direction by jumping, regardless of the former angle.
2.) The landing sound is a bit hard in my personal opinion, considering how smooth and silent the machines nowadays can absorb the energy of a planned landing. (I could understand such a noise as an OF would fall from a good 50-60 meters or so...)

I'll admit that sound is smexy and yes if it was from a higher altitude or from a heavy omni that be good.

Lets catch up soon i am interested to see how it will be in this multiplayer demo

Status
Not open for further replies.