Having technical issues with the Em-8ER Forums, Web Site or Discord?

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Greetings Reapers,

Having trouble logging in? Run into a strange bug on the boards? Is discord not starting for you? If you're having any sort of technical issues with one of our sites please post it here. I will make sure that it is looked into by the tech department.

Ronyn

Jun 26, 2018
Greetings Reapers,

Having trouble logging in? Run into a strange bug on the boards? Is discord not starting for you? If you're having any sort of technical issues with one of our sites please post it here. I will make sure that it is looked into by the tech department.

Ronyn
Not a major one, but when i made an account I couldn't recover my IndieGoGo account at account creation (just said "Either there is no backer by that email address or the address has already been claimed. ") but then it worked fine after I logged in & claimed it via the profile page.

Icematt12

Deepscanner
Jun 23, 2017
I successfully transferred my account but have been unable to add the email for my IndieGoGo account to get the associated perks. It said the account was already registered and to contact a specific email. All associated accounts I have use the same email so I'm hoping it will be a quick fix.

Icematt12

Deepscanner
Jun 23, 2017
I successfully transferred my account but have been unable to add the email for my IndieGoGo account to get the associated perks. It said the account was already registered and to contact a specific email. All associated accounts I have use the same email so I'm hoping it will be a quick fix.
Tried again just after posting this and it worked. Must be a delay somewhere behind the scenes.

Mar 27, 2017
When trying to claim my Backer stuff it says it cannot find my email address, I backed through Ingiegogo, not sure if this is the right place to look for support on this matter, but thought I would start here.

Richyda

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jan 26, 2017
I'm having the same issue as KineticPoet, though after not being able to sign my indiegogo email, I selected to add it later and added it right away. Thing is I don't see my packages or what I backed. I know I backed for the 100$ and got some compensation for being a 100$ founder on Firefall, but I don't see any of that.

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
Had same issues as above, both with indigogo and trying to login with username. The Indigo was sovled(?) and indicated my correct status when I added the data after the account merge/transfer. The login issue, does system now believe my username is Dreamin + the arbitrary (to me at least) Em-8er ID# ? That seems tedious.

vernes

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 28, 2016
The Netherlands
Problem solved.

What happened:

Following the very first migration procedure, I was asked to fill in my email address and it would check if there were any perks assigned to my account/emailaddress.
It found none.
And with that, the procedure finished.

I could log in using my username, not my email-address.
I thought nothing of it and just went on doing other stuff.

But I kept receiving email reminders that there were unclaimed perks.
So after posting in this thread and a week later still no response and still receiving reminders I made an additional post and a post on indigogo comments.

Meanwhile I was trying to find options or links I missed on the website under my account.
I eventually logged into http://my.em8er.com/ and I noticed the option to add my indigogo email-address.
Adding this (and verifying) seems to fix the problem.

I am left with these questions:
What was the purpose of the migration-procedure to ask me for my indigogo-emailaddress if it did store this info and why was it unable to find my perks?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2016
When I go to my.em8er.com I am asked to verify my account by email. I never receive the email, even when I resend it.

In Discord, I am prompted to claim my account, but every time I enter my email address, I am told "Email is already registered" Since I own the email server and the domain, no one else can use it, and I know I was signed into Discord back when all this was first being set up.

Can you help me get these two things figured out?

Darkwolf

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Sep 6, 2016
Ember site isnt recognizing my email. I already converted my acc over and now its saying it doesnt exist. Im logged in here on the forum but thats it.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
@DommyNator If your issue has not yet been resolved, I would ask you to please contact EM-8ER Support by email at: support @crixa.io.

@Darkwolf I know from speaking with you in Em-8ER Discord, you have already emailed Em-8ER Support.

They will get to you both and any others as soon as possible.

Please keep in mind, all Em-8ER Staff are part-time/spare-time or are volunteers with the ONE exception of Grummz, who is working full-time to bring us Em-8ER sooner! ;)

8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool:

vernes

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 28, 2016
The Netherlands
I bought "Base Commander" a while ago.
Recently I took a look at the packages I could still buy (upgrade) with.
my.em8er.com still allows me to buy "Base Commander" and claims my current Package is "Commander"
I think this is incorrect?
Could someone take a look at this?

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
I bought "Base Commander" a while ago.
Recently I took a look at the packages I could still buy (upgrade) with.
my.em8er.com still allows me to buy "Base Commander" and claims my current Package is "Commander"
I think this is incorrect?
Could someone take a look at this?
As suggested above, quickest way to get a response would be to e-mail support: [email protected]

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Had no issues with win7 and discord it run effortlessly but since using windows 10 its a nightmare.
Internet connections seems fine when browsing the interwebs and playing games but soon as i go into discord the connection cuts and internet stops working :S

Have looked at my router, unplugged and then plugged, checked the Ethernet cable, the drivers hmm
Could use the technical help please.

I am glad this forum exists :D

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Hmmm ... @Pandagnome , did you make sure you are running Discord in Administrator mode since the upgrade to Win10? Also, is it a fresh install of Discord you're using?
It's a fresh install of win10 and discord running in admin sadly not working.
Although with win7 on the old machine it run flawlessly
i am considering installing a linux distro because i dont think win7 will be compatible with my new pc setup and win10 has just given me more trouble than any windows i have ever used :mad:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Whoa now! Some feisty words, Panda! 10 is NOWHERE near as bad as ME, Vista and 8! Those were truly God awful.

That is until Microsoft adds in that monthly service charge into 10. Then it will be the worst.

*edit*
I sure miss 98....and DOS......and Privateer 2.....