No Video Update Today - What We are Working On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
There is no video update for this week. We've been working through a few things.

First off we have been doing a lot of housekeeping this past week that just doesn't make for good video. Our team size has grown by three more members, and we have to switch to source control to allow us to all work together. We had to research and identify the least bad tool for the job (they all have pros and cons, esp give our large binary files and world distributed team), figure out where we wanted to host it, and start setting up our projects and art and source files there. We've selected Assembla and SVN to host our repositories and are in the process of training everyone and getting everybody (and all the assets we've made) into source control this week.

We've have been working on the missile swarm system as our first test of a weapon blueprint system, animations, models and a lot of R&D about how we want to set up our animation graphs, etc. I've also had to rebuild parts of the Omniframe to allow for better animation. These are still in progress and we hope to show you some of this next week.

Thanks for all your feedback on weapon types. Last week we asked if you agreed with our choices of an "SMG that doesn't suck," a Plama-Cannon style projectile weapon, and alt-fire Nova, and a shoulder mounted missile swarm. You also gave us a ton of additional "nice to haves" or weapons that you want to see in game, including engineer turrets and a return of the healing beam (and other healing weapons) of the BioTech from FF. Great job! We're as excited as you all are to see some of these in the final version of the game.

Thanks again and we'll be back with a video update next week!

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
"We've have been working on the missile swarm system as our first test of a weapon blueprint system, animations, models and a lot of R&D about how we want to set up our animation graphs, etc. I've also had to rebuild parts of the Omniframe to allow for better animation. These are still in progress and we hope to show you some of this next week."

Enter the 'oooo's and 'ahhhh's.

Djepetto

Deepscanner
Oct 1, 2016
This update was just as good as any. Thanks @Grummz I'm so excited about the progress. It's reassuring to see you all hard at work developing what I know is going to be an instant, "Hit" if it wasn't already. I'm really thankful for this game and I can't wait to pilot my very own Mech. Wishing the whole team the best of luck and the most stress free environment possible. Don't work to hard. Don't kill yourselves and i hope you all are enjoying this process as much as I am. Many, many blessing bestowed upon you. God Speed!
I can't wait for the next Installment!

Go Ember!

P.S. Plasma, Bow and Arrow =) #wishlist

Polaris

Aug 19, 2017
I honestly prefer text updates at this stage of development. Good to the team steadily growing and the game making progress. Curious as to why SVN over Git?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
First off we have been doing a lot of housekeeping this past week that just doesn't make for good video.

We've have been working on the missile swarm system as our first test of a weapon blueprint system
How many missiles in the swarm of missiles & can they be fired individually to conserve missiles?
What colour are the missile trails & can they be customized?

Thanks for the non-update update! :)
Definitely!

Aphaz

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
one more thing...pls, pls...don't make the same mistake with invasions as Tera had with it's main raid Nexus (if any1 played tera they know what i'm talkin' about)...lemme x-plane: there was (or still is...dunno) a raid in tera called nexus...conceptually it was interesting, but idea and creation ended up two diff things. the point was to close "nexuses that spawned monsters" to open a portal to an INSTANCE...lol...
the bad thing was that the raid was for 200- (yesss 200-) players but there were waaay more players than that at any given time so it was a race to close enough nexuses (3) to proceed where the loot was...the instance. things wouldn't be soooo bad if 200+ players didn't SLOW DOWN EVERYTHING TO A BOW-LEGGED SNAIL'S PACE...so pls, rather reduce the max number of player per shard (so to speak) then to have ppl have to play like that. that's a deal breaker for most ppl, me included...
cheers
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.