Player-Omniframe Interactions?

Dracomon

Base Commander
Ark Liege
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Martinique
I was actually thinking about how we'd be interacting with Omniframes.

-When an Omniframe is called, would it be better to automatically get into it or have it be sent down like a THMPR and we'd have to walk up to it and interact with it in order to use it.

-Would "Sentry Mode" be viable option for interacting with players/items with enemies close? In a scenario where a squad mate is de-meched and downed by the enemy, one could active this mode, leave their Omniframe and it would attack enemies that came near in a limited fashion, while you, of course, Tea-bagged you friend.

- In that vein, would it be good to allow another player to use your deployed Omniframe. Like, if you had a squad mate who was a noob get his Omniframe destroyed, if he didn't have another one to call down, you could call down one of our own Frames and have them use it. I'd imagine a frame would take some time to repair as making one would most likely require a bit of resources.

- Speaking of which, wouldn't cheap buy-able Omniframes also be good? They could be from Corporations with augmented stats where shielding, energy or armor were concerned, obviously inferior to crafted frames. Like, say, Kisuton, Omnidyne or Astrek Frames.

o_O

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
walk up to it and interact with it in order to use it.
I think walking up to it and pressing a button to getting inside the mek hmm

Would "Sentry Mode" be viable option for interacting with players/items with enemies close? In a scenario where a squad mate is de-meched and downed by the enemy, one could active this mode, leave their Omniframe and it would attack enemies that came near in a limited fashion, while you, of course, Tea-bagged you friend.
Would that include those with melee to use sentry blender?

In that vein, would it be good to allow another player to use your deployed Omniframe. Like, if you had a squad mate who was a noob get his Omniframe destroyed, if he didn't have another one to call down, you could call down one of our own Frames and have them use it. I'd imagine a frame would take some time to repair as making one would most likely require a bit of resources.
That would be nice if someone tries to get into your mek they couldn't unless you manage your accept list of those who you allow.

Speaking of which, wouldn't cheap buy-able Omniframes also be good? They could be from Corporations with augmented stats where shielding, energy or armor were concerned, obviously inferior to crafted frames. Like, say, Kisuton, Omnidyne or Astrek Frames.
I like this idea and then the video of bull's kitchen just fits perfectly :D

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
That would be nice if someone tries to get into your mek they couldn't unless you manage your accept list of those who you allow.
LIKE IN GTA ONLINE? HAS A GLOBAL OPTION FOR VEHICLES TO GRANT DRIVING PERMISSION, JUST PASSENGER OR COMPLETELY LOCK THE DAMN DOOR FOR ALL.

WOULD BE HILARIOUS TO WATCH OTHER GO
"HOW THE F*CK DOES JOE RIDE THIS THING?"