Introduction Thread

Nakiato

Jul 26, 2016
Hello ladies and gents. I feel every forum needs one of these introduction threads so that we can all get to know one another. It's pretty straight forward, just mention some interesting facts about you, how you found your way here, or even your gaming habits.

I'll start. My name is Alex, commonly known as Nakiato. I used to make YouTube videos, stream, and did podcasting for awhile too. Now a days I just spend time with my wife and two youngins when I'm not working. My gaming habits are really what's convenient to play. So I mostly play iOS games like Pokemon knockoffs. When I find spare free time I'm all about gaming on my PS4, which I play games like Killstrain, Battleborn, and awesome single player games like The Witcher 3. On the RARE occasion I can actually play PC, I love me some Heroes of the Storm.

Alrighty, your turn.

Ixnarfury

Terraformer
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
Good one Alex and thank you for making the introduction!

My name is Sam (aka Ixnarfury) and I'm a 40-something Aussie father of four (all but the wife in the household are gamers)
I was introduced to the world of gaming with my first Amstrad CPC6128 over 30 years ago, then moved on to the Commodore Amiga 500 (Return of the Beast man!) and finally had to acquiesce to the tidal-wave that became the PC.

I loved Warcraft III, played WoW when it was launched (canned it coz I couldn't justify the monthly expense and time I was wasting) and moved on to LoL. My son introduced me to Firefall early 2015 and I've pretty much played it exclusively and love logging in, checking who's online in my friends list, saying "G'day" and generally cruising around helping players out and joining in on the fun.

I'm keen on the idea of Ember and have even had a cursory look over the Project Genom (love the idea of progression being skills and crafting based to provide meaning and purpose while you're immersed in the Universe - kind of reflect RL, yeah?)

Anyhoo - look forward to chatting and hopefully adding some meaningful dialogue with you all in future.
:)

Jul 26, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Hi! My name is Mike, But ya'll can call me Nimbus :) I like video games & long romantic walks to the fridge.

I'm from AU but moved to NZ (yay 250ms) I'm slowly learning Game Development & UE4. After following Firefall over the years, It has been a huge inspiration to jump into it. I used to be a musician & Artist so i have this creativity beast inside that's always trying to get out in any form. I was a Founder of Firefall! I'm pretty good at PvP from years of WoW Arena, CS, Battlefield etc so 1v1 me Sunken Harbor if you think you're better :p

I'm really excited for Ember & will support it anyway i can so we are all back to thumping asap :)

Andronakos

SHIFTER
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Name's Tom, but I'll be going by Andronaka here. Not much to say about myself. I enjoyed mowing down Chosen in Firefall with Dreadnaught and it's subframes and I'm sure I'll enjoy slaughtering hoards of enemies in Ember even more.

I was lucky enough to come across Ember in the Firefall forums, which I regularly checked to see if the game had died yet. I was immediately on board.

I have high hopes for this game. I intend to pitch in whenever I'm given an opportunity. I'm proud to be an Omniframe Inventor, and can't wait to see how else I can help fund it. Can't wait to fight alongside my fellow Reapers. And, you know, giant mechanical with drills for hands.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
Heyo folks. Name's Georgie, 29 years old, from India and currently working in Dubai.

Am a planning engineer by profession and when I'm not fiddling around with Primavera, you'll find me playing games and hanging out on the Ember discord channel.

Am a massive fan of lore (or generally a really good storyline) in games, and that's one aspect that drew me to Firefall. It's also one of the things I'll miss the most.

Looking forward to the day we can all sink our collective teeth into Ember.

Cheers

joneau

Terraformer
Jul 26, 2016
19 years old male, living in finland, currently just being a student whenever it starts in like 1.5 weeks. playing lil bit all sorta games wherever interest shifts every now and then (starbound, MC and LoL currently), but most of my time i sit on watching twitch and being a moderator there.

always kept firefall as a MMO to fall into whenever i found myself time, ever since CBT times. but the recent stuff has done it uh.... well i think its clear by now, so where here we are, waiting for ember to happen :)

prob easy to tell above im a man of few words. :D

Nizuul

Deepscanner
Ember Dev
Jul 26, 2016
Greater Seattle Area
Nizuul here.

I'm a former Red 5 dev who joined the Tribe back in Jan, 2012. I was with R5 all the way through the launch of the game and about a year after.

While at Red 5, I designed/implemented a bunch of dynamic encounters and a few campaign missions. When I moved on from Red 5, I was the design lead for the Core Missions team. I was bummed that I wasn't able to stay and see the content into production, but I was on a damn good team and knew the missions would be a great addition to the game.

I'm very glad to be here and look forward to getting to know you all :)

Jul 26, 2016
Australia
My name is Nanotechnician after the class in Anarchy Online and I'm studying my masters in Town Planning. I have always had an avid appreciation for sci-fi as well as game mechanics as well as gaming ecologies. it's interesting to note how people have different ideas and expectations and how these will be translated into solid concepts and game mechanics.

Jul 26, 2016
Hello All! I am AngryFire! I loved Firefall right up to the point before it went 1.0. We all know how that went.

I am extremely excited and will support Mark and Ember any way which I can to grow this into an extremely addicting and fun game to play with friends.

Good luck to us all!

Shivaji

Jul 26, 2016
Hey guys Praveen here i am from india, i joined FF back in 07 or 09 when the tiki thumper was introduced... Was busy with work so was not there when the launch happened... I am computer service engineer, i started my own company last year and its going great... I hope i can make sometime for Ember...

Jul 26, 2016
Nizuul here.

I'm a former Red 5 dev who joined the Tribe back in Jan, 2012. I was with R5 all the way through the launch of the game and about a year after.

While at Red 5, I designed/implemented a bunch of dynamic encounters and a few campaign missions. When I moved on from Red 5, I was the design lead for the Core Missions team. I was bummed that I wasn't able to stay and see the content into production, but I was on a damn good team and knew the missions would be a great addition to the game.

I'm very glad to be here and look forward to getting to know you all :)
was that you on FFL explaining CY Meteorite encounter once upon a time? great «self» sound effects )