Em-8ER Video Update #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naku

Terraformer
Jul 26, 2016
The thumper encounter music fits better for some sort of cave exploration.
I agree - it feels too... how do i put it... tense? for open encounter like thumping. Hoever if i got to listen to this when explorign some damp, dark cave, or abadonded ruins - it would fit much better

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Firstly nice mine craft top! Maybe in future videos can showcase some of the em8er shirts?

- The music gives it a sense of an hostile yet eerie environment at 0.49 - 1.19 and
when thumpr appears at 1.20 - 1.52 it feels like the build up to prepare for what ever is out there searching for the right area and then the ending with a big THUMP!

- It runs, walks, dashes, dodges, glides, jetpacks.........what more do you want!!!
[this would make for a good advert ingame as a recruitment for a mech division]

- 3.31-3.38 helmet has bull like horn antenna's, would there be the traditional bunny like antenna's too??

- at 4.26- new handshake, at 4,32-badger badger, at 4,36 disagree, at 4.40 agree, at 4.49 lower lip spasm

- 5.52 sneaky peaky painted thumper, would compliment Eva prototype 00 as it protects it hmm

looking forward to more videos!

Daynen

Aug 3, 2016
So we're all playing as D.va then? Get back in that new meka or DIE, son.

Also, is it just me or does the THMPR just not dig very deep? Might need some good old extendo-arm action to get to the really juicy minerals and such, eh?

Also, it's really kind of vindicating to hear Firefall team members getting on board with Ember. It's feeling like we're gonna be able to give The9 a big, communal middle finger when Ember launches. Like the conquered nation of oppressed workers escaped capture, went underground, then rose up as one and overthrew the tyrants as they TOOK BACK THEIR HOME!!!

Mar 18, 2017
I agree - it feels too... how do i put it... tense? for open encounter like thumping. Hoever if i got to listen to this when explorign some damp, dark cave, or abadonded ruins - it would fit much better
I thought roughly same, the beginning part seemed a bit too gloomy and a dark theme, and maybe a few octaves too low, however once the strings (high pitched) came in it gave a real sense of anticipation, which works really well with thumpers and what is going to happen next, also I think the wind/brass in the back is still a bit too deep for a thumper which is meant to be a good thing coming not a threat and should be up beat-ish and a positive/friendlier sound. I agree that it would suit somewhere dark, or if a boss type enemy was approaching in a dramatic place.
These are just my thoughts, but the music is incredible and I hope more and more music is created, even anywhere near as good as this and there will be no problems with the music for the game.

Jan 10, 2017
Worcester MA
www.youtube.com
Watched the vid the minute it was uploaded, but late to reply. I loved the music so far. Once we hear a bit more we can get an idea of what ya'll are going for, but I'm sure with the original composer from firefall and Mark at his side, the music will be epic. If not, we'll send TORGUE after them and fix it.

Jul 28, 2016
Watched the vid the minute it was uploaded, but late to reply. I loved the music so far. Once we hear a bit more we can get an idea of what ya'll are going for, but I'm sure with the original composer from firefall and Mark at his side, the music will be epic. If not, we'll send TORGUE after them and fix it.
NOOOOOOOOOO dont send TORGUE!!!!

He may damage the sensitive game development hardware with all his SPLOSIONS!!!! youguys know he is a Spray n Nade type of gunner.
Send this guy to snipe a couple of head bangers in there to keep them on track

Status
Not open for further replies.