Friday Update - Omniframe Tweaks Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
I'm late to the party but I still have to say how I feel about the changes, I would have said it's perfect if it wasn't for that : View attachment 1291
These 2 metallic parts for the front, ugly as a nurgling, seriously. And i don't see it helping much in anything, i'm certain to play in hard driver mode if this thing is still there in game, which I didn't want to do before. I also think it removes one of the charms the original MK1 omniframe in non-hard driver mode had, some might know what I mean.
I agree with this, but I think it should be fairly easy to solve. The developers, down the line, could add different layers of customization for the cockpit of the pilot. Of course there would be hard driver mode and the mode we see above, but they could have all sorts of things; an exclusively glass cockpit, holographic shields, or a mix of either with hard driver mode to create an enclosed look with glass/holo shields to still show the pilot.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
@silvershadow what anime are those 3?
:D
Code geass my favourite anime.
The first 2 are from Code geass: Akito the Exiled (not that great)
But the 3rd is from the main season 1 & 2, I rate highly

3rd season comes out this year

Edit - I've watched Code Geass S1 &2 about 5 times, the only anime watched more than 2 times over. over a decade of watching anime :p

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu

afaik that solenoid ride was developed from the magnetic suspension for cars:

(the reason its not videly used is a prohibitive weight penalty and a complete revisement of car building)

investigating for useable videos I came accross the information that it's not build by bose anymore.
Didnt realise bose made this it was a cool idea and that makes me think the pilot would be rattling way more would there be a dampening module to take further shock could be ideal for tanks too.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Ok, I went ahead and did some work in paint.net
omniframe edits.jpg
As @Terib.Shadow brought up, the rollcage is weird. I suggested how rather than using a rollcage, the devs could use a holographic or glass shield as another cosmetic option for the cockpit of the omniframe. (Do note that I wanted the green glass/shield thing to fade to clear near the center of the glass). The rollcage and glass can be options that can work independently or together. Additionally, thanks to the natural segmentation of the rollcage, solid plating can cover certain areas as desired. Since the glass is simply a curvy shape with a hexagon texture applied, that should be fairly easy to make. The paneling can be contributed from whatever hard driver mode for this new omniframe looks like.

In regards to the rollcage itself, near the bottom left, I made an edit of the rollcage such that it is more visually appealing. Because at the moment, it kinda looks like the thing on top of a soda can.

And finally,
GIVE THE FRAME EMISSIVE LIGHTING!!! @Grummz

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I suggested how rather than using a rollcage, the devs could use a holographic or glass shield as another cosmetic option for the cockpit of the omniframe. (Do note that I wanted the green glass/shield thing to fade to clear near the center of the glass). The rollcage and glass can be options that can work independently or together. Additionally, thanks to the natural segmentation of the rollcage, solid plating can cover certain areas as desired. Since the glass is simply a curvy shape with a hexagon texture applied, that should be fairly easy to make. The paneling can be contributed from whatever hard driver mode for this new omniframe looks like.
I like these ideas especially with the transparency be toggled so we could choose how much of the pilot we can see could the shield or glassing be changed to different tints would be cool too. The rollcage could imagine to look like it is more reinforced so that it better fits imo.

Noticed that the controlling smaller arms look better when connected to the hard armor and if they could be abit more beefier
and have a choice of retracting inside the mech if people prefer. For example if the mech was using the smaller arms to shoot things with pistols they would extend out and when the smaller arms are not needed they retract.

My fave has to be the shield + rollcage and some hard armor it makes the smaller arms seem to be part of the mech.
Personally it would look odd without some rollcage as if we had no ribs and the emissive lighting is a nice touch
what about on the side of the shoulders, and could imagine some on the back of the mech maybe on around the spine area?

maybe it could have something like this at 0.39secs in the video instead of the container imagine it was a larger scale with the pilot laying in and then going inside the mech?

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Mech cockpit. seats and controller arm thoughts

More reinforced looking seats

Standing up instead of sitting down

Arm controllers inside the cockpit

rollcage bars non-visible inside

cockpit details and no controller arms just controls and pedals

personalised items in the cockpit just like in a car & rollcage bar visible
https://youtu.be/ceyEOclw39M

Armored but can open for the pilot to wear a light exo-suit
to slot in the mech
https://youtu.be/0zDJcoqP5GE

Key for entering cockpit, enclosed with small view to see pilot
and extendable/retractable controller arms
https://youtu.be/YK38WzlNvfk

spaceship mech because it goes in spaceeee!
https://youtu.be/xyTHnru30VY

LorNaDoS

Deepstriker
Aug 4, 2016
The new Omniframe body looks very cool, but those flat runded shoulders I dont like. It would be good, realy good, if you could add the feature to switch them out for something with more "corners". But still, good job.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
The new Omniframe body looks very cool, but those flat runded shoulders I dont like. It would be good, realy good, if you could add the feature to switch them out for something with more "corners". But still, good job.
I GOTCHA, THE OLD STUFF WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE, BECAUSE BADASSERY.
AAAAAND.
MORE LOOKS WILL BE ADDED IN FUTURE, FOR MORE BADASSERY.

THE FRAME WILL BE LIKE A BABY TO US.
A PART OF OUR PERSONALITY. YOU'LL LOVE IT, AND RAISE IT, AND CUSTOMIZE IT.

THE VISUAL AND COSMETIC ASPECT WILL BE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME AS WELL.

PROVIDING SLAGGAS A NEW LIFE OF BADASSES SINCE EM-8ER.

Status
Not open for further replies.