Friday Update - Omniframe Tweaks Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
Okay...so I've been working with Tommaso on tweaking the Omniframe Mk I to improve the design based on the feedback you gave us. The majority of you wanted us to tweak the original frame rather than create the Mk II, which some of you felt was more generic and less mech-like.

Here it is:

Merry Christmas, everyone! No update next week as are all on vacation. Enjoy these renders and let us know what you think!

- Grummz & the Em-8ER Team
That looks amazing. It is a nice improvement.

Did I say it looks amazing?

That looks amazing.

Feb 20, 2017
Holy Cow :D now that is nice model but i feel this is more of a medium mech or heavy mech, because the shoulders are really big and feeling a bit to bulky when looking at it. :D can we have a version of the same model with no shoulder pads. be posted and as always thaks a bunch for sharing

Kassatsu

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Omni Ace
Jun 13, 2017
Can we sharpen the tip on the head and stab things with it?

Definitey liking the design on it, while today's technology would struggle to even make something that size move and stay upright, in an alternate future universe it's totally believable.

Jerando

Deepscanner
Jul 23, 2017
Definitely digging this over the original - the feet looked strangely small and disproportionate the first go around, and they still look too narrow in the top pic, but the bottom pic looks to be a more aesthetic improvement - much more sturdy and tough looking this time! Keep it up!

luigisnipes

Firstclaimer
Aug 23, 2016
The bottom part of legs seem a bit skinny but... OMG
SMEXY!!! SHIIII......
I love this design.. higher quality looks dangerous that only pro trained ares pilot should use. Lol

Calypso

Jul 27, 2016
Belgium
fb.com
Looks great. Actually making it more compact would make more sense since it's a distant future and one should imagine that the tech is more sophisticated that far into the future where big bulky metals are obsolote and a more body suit type of gear should be more efficient and maintainable.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
As much as i like the new design, i loved it how the old one had like a car body-kit over it, not it looks more of car incomplete in mid production in a factory eg:

I prefer the old design, sorry

Last edited:

Sonic Nova

Firstclaimer
Sep 13, 2016
Excellent work as always! But I would like to address some concerns as well as give my own personal feedback.
1. Hopefully Hard-Driver Mode will still be available?
2. The roll-cage and thicker legs provide greater structural stability, I personally approve.
3. I like the upper torso more now and I love the mecha's arms mimicking the pilot's arms.
4. The improvements to the upper torso are fantastic, but I personally would like to see more detailed traps akin to the Mk. II. As it is now it just looks like the shoulders are just a head on a plank with two cylinders and pauldrons. If the head (which I assume is just sensors) doesn't need to move, then it doesn't need a skinny, vulnerable neck.
5. I would still like to see pistons connecting the forearms to the biceps as seen on the Mk. II. I want to see it LIFT
6. I would like more joints and less spikes on the feet, I WANT TO SEE ROCKET-PROPELLED KNEE SLIDES
7. The head looks great!
8. Gold accents welcome!
I love how y'all preserved the sleek look of the Mk. I even after adjusting it, I just want it to look stronger and more intimidating as well. Please work on the traps and consider including the piston-elbows.
Continue the great work!

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Fantastic! Really liking the new direction. Only thing i would still like to see are pistons at the elbow, back of the knee, and front of the ankles. New rollcage looks sweet, might skip the hard driver mode now. I assume the sensor head is supposed to follow the pilots head? Jury is still out on tbe shoulders but i do feel it is an improvement over the mk. I.

Nubilus

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Base Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I quite dig the redesign. A full 360° view would have been nice so we could see all of it.
With the roll cage, it certainly looks sturdier than before. I imagine Hard-Driver to be a breastplate affixed to the cage.

Now with the redesign of the lower legs, they are too static. You should add more moving parts View attachment 1259
I have to agree with @Darker7 here. A few more joints in the lower legs would help the looks and maybe with a few issues from people saying its too human. But we will have to wait for movement animations to see how the legs will behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.