Friday Update - 17th of Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Just a small update. No new snazzy pictures to show. Artists are doing the not-so-exciting-to-see work of topology of their models...the process of creating a good mesh for characters both high and low poly. The Tsi-Hu humanoid is being prepped for this.

Meanwhile Joe is working on the Tsi-Hu beast form. It's BIG, probably too big compared to the human, but we can easily play with scale once we get it next to an Omniframe in engine.

The riggers are working through a lot of technical challenges with the Omniframe...humans getting in and out, arms mirroring the mech arms with controls, flaps and split body animation planning. It's not going to be an easy rig.

Michael Bross is getting started on the music for the THMPR demo encounter. His schedule has freed up and work begins next week. I'm really excited to be working with him again on the music. I loved his music for Firefall.

On another front, an hour a night is being aside to write up test rules for the tabletop RPG of the Em-8ER universe. Em-8ER is set in the Crixa Universe, and more than a few ideas will cross pollinate between the two games. Crixa fans have been waiting for a long time for work to start here, while Em-8ER has taken up much of the focus and time. We hope to do some quick playtests with local friends and undoubtedly ideas from the tabletop will help shape the missing sections of Em-8ER's lore and mechanics.

Finally, while this is not a goal for the Kickstarter, we do have a test multiplayer server running and I'll be logging in this week to check it out. Nothing fancy, just the Unreal mannequin running around, but even WoW started this way so I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks it for now. Thanks for supporting us and letting us make this game!

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
Just a small update. No new snazzy pictures to show. Artists are doing the not-so-exciting-to-see work of topology of their models...the process of creating a good mesh for characters both high and low poly. The Tsi-Hu humanoid is being prepped for this.

Meanwhile Joe is working on the Tsi-Hu beast form. It's BIG, probably too big compared to the human, but we can easily play with scale once we get it next to an Omniframe in engine.

The riggers are working through a lot of technical challenges with the Omniframe...humans getting in and out, arms mirroring the mech arms with controls, flaps and split body animation planning. It's not going to be an easy rig.

Michael Bross is getting started on the music for the THMPR demo encounter. His schedule has freed up and work begins next week. I'm really excited to be working with him again on the music. I loved his music for Firefall.

On another front, an hour a night is being aside to write up test rules for the tabletop RPG of the Em-8ER universe. Em-8ER is set in the Crixa Universe, and more than a few ideas will cross pollinate between the two games. Crixa fans have been waiting for a long time for work to start here, while Em-8ER has taken up much of the focus and time. We hope to do some quick playtests with local friends and undoubtedly ideas from the tabletop will help shape the missing sections of Em-8ER's lore and mechanics.

Finally, while this is not a goal for the Kickstarter, we do have a test multiplayer server running and I'll be logging in this week to check it out. Nothing fancy, just the Unreal mannequin running around, but even WoW started this way so I'm looking forward to it.

yeah I was gonna say as soon as I read that part abot Michael doing the music to please do it as beautiful as firefall. Every single thing he did for firefall was jaw droopingly beautiful and surreal.

Ars Nova

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 28, 2016
Oooh, multiplayer test server...
Mayhaps we'll see a steam client for a bunch of mannequins jumping around using embedded Discord chat while admiring statues of the 3D models we have so far, with some WIP background music? I mean that'd be fantastic, but we're already getting more than enough. <3 :D

Jun 24, 2017
This may be a silly thing to ask, but when fighting these giant monsters, is it going to be "every hit made whittles away their HP" or will it be more like Monster Hunter where plates, scales, limbs and weak points all have HP and the damage you have to do can change depending on what sections you take out?

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander

If you need any help stress testing it, I'm sure you know were to ask.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
yeah I was gonna say as soon as I read that part abot Michael doing the music to please do it as beautiful as firefall. Every single thing he did for firefall was jaw droopingly beautiful and surreal.
For real, you beat me to this. Michael Bross did an absolutely incredible job woth fitefall and was one of the names I was ecstatic in hearing Grummz had locked in for this project. Honestly I can't get my mind past the login screen for the sweet melodies of firefall with my memories some times. It may be a small team right now but damn do we have the people we need working on it. T.G.I.F. indeed! Thanks for the update, Sir!

ttrib

Mar 1, 2017
... we do have a test multiplayer server running and I'll be logging in this week to check it out. Nothing fancy, just the Unreal mannequin running around ...
And that is how it should be for a long time. Make it *fun* using placeholder art. That way gameplay gets sorted out without the distraction/camouflage of cool visuals; and when the cool visuals do eventually arrive fun becomes all around awesome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.