Suggestion thread for items in the cosmetic shop in EM-8ER

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Thanks to @Lomgren 's brilliant idea and suggesting for this thread to be made, here it is, basically this is a thread everyone can contribute to, since it's a suggestion thread. All there is to remember is EM-8ER won't be P2W, so no stuff with stat boosts!

What we already know so far is that some hair styles and some Omniframe skins/colors, will be available in this shop. there might be more stuff already "confirmed" to be in the shop, but I missed or forgot that if it's the case. The more you all come up with, the more we can hope to see and the more customisation options we may have!

To start off I'd like to repost @Degiance 's idea for colored tracer ammo, obtainable be it through direct purchase or perhaps through some kind of "tracer ammo lootbox"
I really want golden tracer ammo personally
I'm certain Torgue also wants explosion colored tracer ammo for when he doesn't use explosive weapons, if that ever happens.

On the subject of lootboxes, many do not like them no matter what they are, many, like me, are fine with it as long as it doesn't give any stat advantage, and some (usually rich people) are fine with it no matter what. I think a good option for lootboxes is to not have 1% chance to drop very valuable item, doesn't feel like as much of a gamble in this case, more people would most likely be fine with it.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Another idea kinda always would have loved to see in games where you can fall from really high. Is these activetable smoke traces or flares like the stuff parachuters do on special events so you can look like a falling meteorite or something like that from really far away.
Then what to comes to that colored tracer ammo, it kinda comes from this other idea of have special sounding ammo similiar way Mongols had these "whistling arrows" that supposedly sounded like howling banshees and would scare the crap out of enemy soldiers in the night but then i thought that might be annoying in a game (Knowing the train set incident from WoW where people would spam that freaking toy train set making everybody yell:"Chuu chuu!" -_- ) so colored tracer rounds might be the nicer option ^^

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
THIS
I'm certain Torgue also wants explosion colored tracer ammo for when he doesn't use explosive weapons, if that ever happens.
AND EMOTES.
DANCE EMOTES, AIR GUITAR EMOTE, DON'T-GIVE-A-F*CK EMOTE. STUFF LIKE THAT.

AND I DON'T MIND CONVENIENT BOOSTER. LIKE 30% FASTER COOLDOWN, 30% FASTER ENERGY REGEN, 30% EXTRA FIRE RATE, XP/RESEARCH BOOSTER AND RANDOM QUALITY MINERALS.

IN MOST CASE, I BARELY USE THEM AND STACK THEM UP. IN CASE I FEEL LIKE GOING CRAZY GOING ALL PEWPEWPEEWRATATATATABOOMTATATATATATAADIDIDIDIDIDIDIIDPEWBADOOM.

Aug 14, 2016
Pinatas - I want pinatas that look like bosses. They can act somewhat like the party bombs some other games have. Where the player who has it can't use it themselves they need another player to break it open for them and everyone in the area gets free stuff.

Mecha skins that are in the style of old school comics and anime. For example on the giant mecha have my human character control it by talking into a wristwatch while also standing on the mecha's shoulders. Just some campy things that remind people of old movies and t.v. shows.

Jan 10, 2017
Worcester MA
www.youtube.com
This is a great thread to be had! There are already a lot of great ideas here.

I'd like to make a suggestion - I think there should be some sort of system that closely resembles the way that Planetside 2 handles cosmetics. They have both developer made content, and player approved content you can purchase. I don't want to go into major detail about it, but if anyone remembers PS2's "Player Studio," it was a great thing.

Another 'idea,' would be to make sure that there is PLENTY of items/cosmetics to be able to choose from. From silly to serious to highly-immersive. The more the better. I know personally, I would love to choose between those three styles, as other games that have these options I tend to buy all of my favorites. Firefall lacked a lot of content, and I never bought anything from them. PS2 on the other hand, I've probably spent a good $800+ on the game. Thinking about it, I've most likely spent at least $300 on cosmetics alone in PS2.

And once this game comes out, sweet jesus watch out! I'll be tapping that friggin ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney button daily.

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
Juke box in a pub that costs a decent amount to deter people from spamming. Maybe a time limit to allow songs to mostly play and bigger time limit for one player to input an additional song.
I actually had the same idea and the jukebox could be like this really classic 80's jukebox except it had like this hologram band projector type of thing and you could get like a mini toy version of the jukebox you could carry with you. Think of the dancing fire mixed with the D.I.S.C.O toy from WoW.
(Also it could have this "vote for the next song" thing if there was enough people objecting hearing a certain song again.)

Then there was the transform in to someone else type of things or size alterations then the foam sword rack thing. I was abit of a fun cosmetic transform toy collector and i had hilarious time mixing them up for fun effects.
WoWScrnShot_042314_221349.jpg

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Then there was the transform in to someone else type of things or size alterations then the foam sword rack thing. I was abit of a fun cosmetic transform toy collector and i had hilarious time mixing them up for fun effects.
I LIKE TO CRAFT THOSE MYSTERIOUS MYSTIC TONICS THAT TRANSFORM ME INTO RANDOM OBJECT FROM THE WORLD IN GUILD WARS 2.
I CAN TOTALLY IMAGINE MYSELF IN EMBER CREATING AN EXTRA CHAR NAMED "TORGUE'S LOOT BOX" AND TRANSFORM ME INTO SOME BOSS/DUNGEON CHEST AND WATCH OTHER SLABS TRYING TO OPEN ME.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I 'd like to see a simulator room to play games like musical chairs with authentic wooden rocking chairs, in this simulator room there could be various environments or mini games to select from?

But also to take pictures of yourself in action poses as a group perhaps too in a safer environment or try out your new outfits etc

Apr 22, 2017
Periphery, Canopus IV.
mmmmm... in not good at being original so here i go... besides armor bits, decals, skins, capes, and pilot customization the only thing i can think of off the top of my head is joke/fun items.

like what was said above: cosmetic overrides that change you into something else. such as turning you into one of the Kaiju in the game, thumper, tsi-hu, or reference another property like transforming into a gundam or maybe a Timberwolf from Battletech or something. but that would require licensing or permission to do, so i don't think that would be a good idea...

but another stupid thing i just thought of is something like the scroll of icarian flight from morrowind. pay 1$ to be launched into the air via soviet era rocket so you can kill yourself from fall damage! (1 time use, communism not included.)
-edit- i just remembered that in this universe Nazis won WWII so soviet russia never existed... guess you can be launched VIA German V2 then.

Last edited:

Degiance

Deepscanner
Jul 5, 2017
Finland
degiance.deviantart.com
In Homefront Revolution 2 there was this rocket launcher that would make a wonderfull toy gun or a minor agro gun that does 1 dmg (It was called Freedom Launcher if i remember right). Basicly a rocket launcher that fires fireworks.
Then maybe a flaregun/tracking gun, fire a flare on some Kai-ju that runs away so you can track it. (Was thinking it might fun if it could be used on players but there is this whole stalker aspect to it that made it unfun immidietly.)
Then there is the drone idea i threw around in the Improved Screenshot thread, would make a fun toy if it had especially if you could give it cosmetic skins like flaming skull (or servitor skull) so it could be a like a pet of sorts aswell.