Status
Not open for further replies.

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
*Dawn of War 3 flashbacks*

needs... more... SCRATCHES

On a more serious note. I think there is too much shades of white and light-grey used for "metallic" parts, one would do the job better. Also the reflections look weird on shoulders, engines, and the "metallic" parts, very plastic looking.

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
It would be epic to have battles with some massive-scale Kaijus!
Maybe something like pacific rim scale?
That is already planned, Kaijus are ranked from 0 to 5 (0 being the smallest), or 1 to 6 if you prefer, if on the 0 to 5 scale, the kaiju you can see next to the THMPR should be a category 1, you can learn all about it here : https://em8er.com/about-kaiju-in-em-8er/

*Dawn of War 3 flashbacks*

needs... more... SCRATCHES

On a more serious note. I think there is too much shades of white and light-grey used for "metallic" parts, one would do the job better. Also the reflections look weird on shoulders, engines, and the "metallic" parts, very plastic looking.
As a side note, i'd like to point out the omniframe will be customisable in many ways as well as yourself/the pilot, so the things that aren't to your liking should be changeable.

sgghostrider

Firstclaimer
Jul 28, 2016
That is already planned, Kaijus are ranked from 0 to 5 (0 being the smallest), or 1 to 6 if you prefer, if on the 0 to 5 scale, the kaiju you can see next to the THMPR should be a category 1, you can learn all about it here : https://em8er.com/about-kaiju-in-em-8er/

As a side note, i'd like to point out the omniframe will be customisable in many ways as well as yourself/the pilot, so the things that aren't to your liking should be changeable.
Well, if that one is a category 1, and there are 4 categories more after it, even if each next category is only 25% bigger than the previous the category 5 kaiju will make anyone:

:D

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Well since everyone else is praising this I guess I will be the one to say some things I dont like about it.

The lower legs and feet still look like crap to me "chicken legs".
The spine area thing is too skinny looks like it would snap like a twig under the weight.
The hands look weird.
The arms seem way longer than the legs which makes it look odd.

There ya go some things I dont like about it.
AIN'T THE FIRST TIME NOR ARE YOU THE FIRST ONE THAT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT THAT.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT DOESN'T CARE AND WAITING FOR THE COSMETIC SHOP SO I CAN GIVE IT A PROPER BOOTS TO STOMP RABBITS?

Mar 1, 2017
First off, I like the smooth movements of the THMPR in the Unreal test. It fits a Science Fiction scenario so much better than having it clumsily stumble around.

And now I get greedy:
Is the hovertank(?) on the left side also in-game?

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
First off, I like the smooth movements of the THMPR in the Unreal test. It fits a Science Fiction scenario so much better than having it clumsily stumble around.

And now I get greedy:
Is the hovertank(?) on the left side also in-game?
TANK?! WHAT TANK?
OH, FROM THE VID. THAT'S TERRICON FAN MADE STUFF.

NO WORRIES. WE'LL HAVE TANKS. IN A FUTURE UPDATE.
I PREFER CLASSICAL TRACKS. WHERE I CAN CRUSH RABBIT SKULLS.
HOVER IS WAY TOO UNREALISTIC FOR ME. UNLESS IT HAVE BADASS THRUSTERS ON ALL SIDES TO COMPENSATE THE RECOIL.

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
TANK?! WHAT TANK?
OH, FROM THE VID. THAT'S TERRICON FAN MADE STUFF.

NO WORRIES. WE'LL HAVE TANKS. IN A FUTURE UPDATE.
I PREFER CLASSICAL TRACKS. WHERE I CAN CRUSH RABBIT SKULLS.
HOVER IS WAY TOO UNREALISTIC FOR ME. UNLESS IT HAVE BADASS THRUSTERS ON ALL SIDES TO COMPENSATE THE RECOIL.
I HEARD SOMEONE TALKIN SHIT BOUT HOVERCRAFTS
EAT THIS : http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Grav-tank

Joe Solo

Ember Dev
Jul 26, 2016
Costa Mesa
www.artguyjoe.squarespace.com
I'm gonna do some work on the materials actually. For non stylized stuff more scratches and things tend to work better. On my more stylized stuff it tends to distract. We also want to mess with colors. That stuff is actually fairly easy to do. It's some slider adjustments and exporting. The important thing was getting something in game. haha.

Naku

Terraformer
Jul 26, 2016
Well now that looks nice. Tough i know this spine will bug me forever. Or not. IIrc in Heavy Drive mode looks much better.

Jul 28, 2016
Well since everyone else is praising this I guess I will be the one to say some things I dont like about it.
I gotta agree with John here, I get we are in a Mek but... to the thighs need to be so YHUGE? Is this due to the machinery of the leg movements? Are we storing battery power in there to supply the entire Frame?

The spine area thing is too skinny looks like it would snap like a twig under the weight.
This got me too, it seems that all it would take is one good shot from a Ti-Shu and that spine id done and the human within crushed by the weight. Perhaps the legs are holding the generators for the shields and I hope they are good.
The hands look weird.
I dont mind the look of the hands too much, they are rather taloned for my tastes but this is concept not final I think. And I have the same issue with the hands as I do the legs, they are YHUGE! Also I am not noticing where the arm placement is or how that works. Again concept so perhaps that has not been looked into as of yet.
Agreed, the arms look like they can weigh the total size of the frame as a whole lol.

I applaud @Joe Solo for the job very WELL done up to this point. He truly knows his craft and it shows. I a eager to see the other ideas that he and @Grummz have in store for us as the game progresses.[/QUOTE]

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016

The hands look weird.

There ya go some things I dont like about it.
I have said some of these things even before Joe got hold of the design. That said I do think that Joe did a fantastic job with what he was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.