Friday Update - Omniframe FINISHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Okay, Joe textured and baked out the Omniframe. It is DONE. We will be passing this to the riggers/animators next week. Joe did a terrific job. He is also going to be tweaking the color to fit our snow/lava scene better in the coming days.

We also have been tuning the Kaiju concept, adding a rearing stance to fight the THMPR. We've also added some shield generators to the back that players will be able to shoot at:

Thanks for tuning in! We'll post better lit beauty shots of the Omniframe in its new color scheme next time.

DinsdaleP13

NEW - SHIFTER
Jul 26, 2016
Arizona, U.S.A.
That Kaiju turned out bigger than I thought it would...

Now can we get an Omniframe in the same picture, to get an idea for the scale on that?

Also, are we going to have to use some sort of special ammo to penetrate the shields, so we can take down the generator? Or will the generators be outside the shield?

At any rate, looking pretty sweet. Keep up the good work guys.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
That Kaiju turned out bigger than I thought it would...
CAME OUT AS EXPECTED. FOR ME.

Now can we get an Omniframe in the same picture, to get an idea for the scale on that?
comp_fra_mek_kaj.jpg
(subject to change. Grummz still working on the scaling)

Also, are we going to have to use some sort of special ammo to penetrate the shields, so we can take down the generator? Or will the generators be outside the shield?
ENERGY WEAPON ARE MOST EFFECTIVE AGAINST SHIELD.
MELEE WILL BE PARTLY ABSORBED BY SHIELD. REST OF THE DMG GOES TO ARMOR.

RIDE THAT NOPE AND PUNCH THE F*CK OUT OF THAT GENERATOR.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Good Lord people! Now this is the sweet looking rampaging mammoth carnage we are all looking for! Joe, indeed I hope you enjoyed dinner and it was a perfect t-bone. You earned your gold star for the day.

Man, T.G.I.F for real this week, Grummz. Thanks and kampai to the Em-8ER team!

*edit*
Lusiv hella awesome avatar.

Torgue, s'plosive buddy....when we teaming up to mud stomp that bug?

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
Sweet, and just in case any the afformentioned animators are watching...
*nudge nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean?*

Omniframes looking pretty good, though the light grey parts do feel a little.... untextured. Hard to tell without letting it move through more angles of lighting and seeing it from varied directions in different scenes/environments but I feel that part might need a little more roughness/normal or something going on there, or perhaps a change in color. I'm guessing all colors can be easily enough tweaked in unreal engine on the fly though so in the longer run as long as I can change it it wont matter too much but I do want the promotional art to look the best it can to help get more future support/interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.