Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Hi Em-8ER fans!

We have some news to share. First the low poly of the Omniframe is done and Joe is now UV unwrapping the model in preparation for painting it.

Joe will also be live streaming a demonstration of how we use Substance Painter to texture a sci-fi crate for the game. Stream will be Sunday, 6pm-8pm on Joe's YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSieVxJhO1EbiRVn3XfYerA

Meanwhile we have been working on Kaiju concepts for the Kaiju that will attack the THMPR in the playable mockup. We based our ideas around this little guy:

So the first round of sketches, we came up with a few variants:

The one on the right, with six legs, was what we went with, but we wanted to have it rear up on its hind legs to fight the THMPR and be able to grab and punch.

We also needed to add its shield generator and other Tsi-Hu tech, including a mouth cannon. The Tsi-Hu heavily modify their Kaiju. So we ended up with this:

The shield here isn't going to be the final one. The final shield will be invisible until hit, and more closely follow the contours of the body shape.

Next up is the color studies for this little beastie. We will post those soon.

Thanks and see you in Joe's stream this Sunday!

Jul 28, 2016
Hi Em-8ER fans!

[SNIP]

Meanwhile we have been working on Kaiju concepts for the Kaiju that will attack the THMPR in the playable mockup.
So the first round of sketches, we came up with a few variants:

The one on the right, with six legs, was what we went with, but we wanted to have it rear up on its hind legs to fight the THMPR and be able to grab and punch.
Soooo I am really liking ALL three of them and had some thoughts. I think that all three should have some variation of inclusion within the Tsi-Hu collective.

The first one, he should be considered the tactical dps go for the THMPR soldier. He is kinda like the second wave that is only there to REKT Meks and destroy THMPRs

The Second one is the one to be concerned with. He is there to REKT EVERYTHING and is the tank of the three. He is a damage soaker with sort of AoE and single attack abilities to assault all and best likely to get to the THMPR and destroy it.

The third is the infantry Kaiju. He is there to attack anything that moves and make its way to the THMPR if still alive. He is there to wreak havoc for the Meks and come at you in a considerable wave.

So like the FF Thumper waves, you get the annoyances that distract, the killers that destroy and the badass that just plows through them all.

All three in a battle would be FAN F*CKIN TASTIC!!! and much EXPLOSIONS, sinew, flesh metal and blood will be spilled and it will be a GLORIOUS sight for any Reaper to see and fear :D

Like Degiance put it.....
Okay now those look like things i wanna shoot at and maybe even run away from now and again.
View attachment 999

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
For the very first concept kaiju looking at the inspiration pic and following through to the mouth canon and shield, yes please. I can't wait to wade through its remains with the thmpr stepping on its head.

To have the idea in my head of what we will see for the mockup demo, hmmm I feel like polishing my boots and getting in uniform right now. I also can't wait for the surprises that will cause us all to soil our armor.

(Yes yes monty python reference)

Status
Not open for further replies.