Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that the realism is the way they are trying to go... as far as i can see, they are making stylized characters and not realistic ones... And for what i can see too is that not many people here had tracked games developments in their first steps, because are trying to make points on things that don't need it... the game models(especially the character ones) change over time in the project development, and rarely stay the same as the first one. Another thing is that sometimes the base models use helpers for reference so everything meets a standard (those platforms on the feet or "high heels" as some of here are calling them, could be one, per example so all footwear that has high heels can keep the same height). :)
Thank you for this, @sgghostrider ; I agree on both of your points about stylized characters and game models. A lot of folks don't realize that we as players RARELY, if ever, are given the opportunity to see a game built from the first piece of art concept ("proof of concept") to the last finishing touches before a game's completion in any stage (pre-alpha/alpha/closed-beta/open-beta/release; and maybe more stages before and between). I'd also agree with your assessment of the positioning of the feet. :cool:

In regards to the shoes... I actually don't have a problem with the look of those "high heels". Now, stiletto high heels would seriously bother me as far as game immersion. But at the same time, I think *almost* everything should be optional on a character, when possible. :)

sgghostrider

Firstclaimer
Jul 28, 2016
@Faeryl To be fair, i'm not a fan of stiletto high heels in this case neither :p

Just trying to look out for my fellow Reapers. Safety should be our number one priority.
Yeah, as if our virtual fellas were in danger of loose a toe by "unknown reasons" in the battle field or something... on other hand a helmet would worth its weight in gold... jaja XD

Mar 1, 2017
And for what i can see too is that not many people here had tracked games developments in their first steps, because are trying to make points on things that don't need it... the game models(especially the character ones) change over time in the project development, and rarely stay the same as the first one.
And sometimes they stay in a way that suggests it is fully intentional. Better say it early enough if you don't like them.
Take Skyforge for example. Gorgeous graphics and character customization (edit: WITH costume options), but you cannot give the ladies flat heels.
And in that game, they do some real running and jumping. Em8er could at least claim that the characters sit in a cockpit anyway, so it does not matter.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
If we're tearing ass all over Em-8er on motorcycles, a helmet should be required. I only hope that will be enforced.
cat ears helmet!

would look good with the matching Gee-suit tron style with different light patterns!

Holographic visor on helmet or even a holographic helmet

Robocop style helmet with dimly glowing accent

stuipid fun helmets because its fun

sesasonal helmets

another thing nothing to do with helmets i want my bike to talk giving me heads up warning
you know like kitt in knight rider or even mask rider but with a sexier voice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.