Friday UPDATE - Geesuits and characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
while you are free to state your opinion about how the bodysuits should look, please don't drag the over sexualization argument into this, Grummz decided he wants to use skin tight bodysuits so it's kinda unavoidable to not put emphasis on the female body considering it's... well... a skin-tight suit and women simply have features that men don't. unless the whole suit itself is thrown out the window and redesigned as something other than a skin-suit, then you can complain about it as the argument is now completely valid.
Look I get that we want to have sexy women in the game. I am ALL for it. But seriously..... The HUGE BOOBAGE in that skin tight suit is just....... And while there are some DAMN FINE women serving in the military world over.... I do not think many would agree with that body suit.

I get that it is 'concept' art, but here is the thing a 'concept' to final depends on the overall reactions of those viewing it. It is the opinions of the masses that help steer concept to final release(with some overriding factors from devs). I am fine with a suit like the one the chick is wearing as a casual suit worn outside of combat but that just does not work for a combat suit.

We can have sexualization of women in the game without exposing 1/3rd of their titties just to attract a crowd of men and even some women.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2016
Beautiful women are a bad thing?

Again?
Nothing at all wrong with beautiful women, but..... come on..... That image is more advertisement for a night on the town than a fun filled action packed day of death and destruction working for the man trying to make a living.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Its kinda a thing with skin suits, the concept art shows a fully developed woman in the concept, but IMO its not over the top like the 'rule 34' pic.
She is pretty well covered, better than a swim suit.
Dont want to bog myself into this, but obviously men and woman have differences, if we compare it to firefalls booty its not that bad, many gamers I knew that happened to be female didnt mind or think it was bad.

Anyway, it looks funny, its concept of the suit, I like booty myself, but if the sjw's that will one day show their faces we all would of agreed on something by then, better now than later.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
There is nothing wrong with beautiful women. There is nothing wrong with beautiful women in the workplace. There is nothing wrong with beautiful women who want to look sexy. Most women enjoy feeling sexy, myself included. But there is a time and place for such things.

You don't see cops answering calls or pulling over speeders while wearing "sexy outfits", or fire fighters responding to a fire with their shirts unbuttoned and their midriffs bare. Nor should we have reapers heading out into below zero temperatures in a caustic environment in outfits that are unsuited for their purpose. Function first, and then pretty them up is better than starting with some sexy leotard and then coming up with gimmicks to make it look like it could be an environmental suit.

And yes I know the omniframe is designed to protect against those things...but we are going into battle, what happens if that omniframe takes damage and stops protecting? Our suits are a good backup system for that eventuality and it would make piss poor military sense not to utilize them for that purpose. I feel that the *really* sexy outfits should be utilized for when players are on base and out of their omni's/gsuits.

As I said before I am simply making a comment about methodology. Functionality first and then aesthetics rather than the other way around.

sgghostrider

Firstclaimer
Jul 28, 2016
EvilKitten, sexy dosen't mean weak or unprotected... well, let's enter in your play and start putting reasons too because seems you are not gonna give up with it... :p

First, i don't know what makes you think that the suit from the concept art dosen't protect well, because it's thin? there are plenty of movies that uses skin tight suits that are meant to protect the user from elements and i don't see anybody complaining about it, and if you are saying it because of the cleavage exposure... then i don't know what do you think concept art means, because it's clear that the suit covers the whole body and the girl from the images has the zip of the suit opened, that dosen't mean the 3D model is gonna be like that, and even if it end up being like that, right now is too early to speak about it.

Second, by the images it's clearly visible that the suits are not meant to be used with helmets, so the range of extremity of the enviroment that they can support is clearly not wide, so you can't expect the suit from protecting your body from -200º or +200º because your head is gonna be frozen or melt/burnt on even half of that temperatures, so buying that extreme resistant suits will be too expensive for what a normal user would pay for something that he can't even enjoy.

Third, as i said before, as far as we know there will be clothes customization, so if you wanna cover your character in a burka alike suit you are free to do it... mostly, that concept art shows a weareable Hood. :p

Anyway, whatever thing the design team and developers implement i want them to do it as they want without any restrictions or stupid ethics in mind, it's their game and is their choice, anybody who don't like it should live with it as they can and not complain, even more in a game where you have character customization, if you don't like something just don't use it, easy peasy XD , i still remember that stupid and unnecesary change made to the female Bastion Class in Firefall... i hope this time they don't listen the stupid complains of the people about this and that and do as they want... everybody speaks about how important is the expression freedom, but then don't allow others' one because it don't meet their way of think or likes... º(¬_¬)º

Apr 22, 2017
Periphery, Canopus IV.
so if you wanna cover your character in a burka alike suit you are free to do it... mostly, that concept art shows a weareable Hood. :p

º(¬_¬)º
please dont escalate this by saying shit like that.

but yeah, like Ronyn said lets keep this civil and on point so lets just drop this before things start to get out of hand and this thread gets locked... or worse.

sgghostrider

Firstclaimer
Jul 28, 2016
please dont escalate this by saying shit like that.

but yeah, like Ronyn said lets keep this civil and on point so lets just drop this before things start to get out of hand and this thread gets locked... or worse.
Well, i readed few times that sentence you emphasized with the quote and i don't see why you say "shit like that"... maybe because i used the word "burka"? is it some offensive word or something? i searched in google and as far as i see is what i thought it was, a outfit that covers alot... ¿¿?? correct me if i misunderstood something and i will edit and change it by the word "tunic".

And yea, i'm agree with the civil and on point stuff. ;)

Apr 22, 2017
Periphery, Canopus IV.
Well, i readed few times that sentence you emphasized with the quote and i don't see why you say "shit like that"... maybe because i used the word "burka"? is it some offensive word or something? i searched in google and as far as i see is what i thought it was, a outfit that covers alot... ¿¿?? correct me if i misunderstood something and i will edit and change it by the word "tunic".

And yea, i'm agree with the civil and on point stuff. ;)
don't worry about it, you sounded a bit passive aggressive in your post and that specific quote was the part that sounded most aggressive imo. also there's nothing wrong with the word Burka but it has heavy ties to muslim culture which combined with the slight passive aggressiveness gave it higher implications for what you were trying to say.

but from your reaction i might have made a error on my part as it seems you weren't trying to make a post like that.
-ok this time for real lets stir this back in topic

I LIKE A AND B CUPS

AND UNICORN

i like unicorn cups as well. glad to see i'm not alone...

CodeFox

Jul 28, 2016
Finally some *almost* rule 34 art of the future cosmetic geesuit (rough draft, not final art):

Meh... I have no problem with sexy stuff, but I am against breaking the game immersion at any point. Just like female armor on MMO games these days. It blows my mind how something that was supposed to be crucial and crafted with exceptional skill (technology in this case, I suppose) turns into an item that visibly has lost its effectiveness in the name of "fan service". And I'll have to agree with @"Eulif Davis" although I understand it is not final, I imagine the Geesuit is not bodypaint to follow the breasts like that.

That said though, I may have sounded salty I suppose, but it is not every design that makes me jump and get involved like that. Those little fixtures that I imagine hold the lower part of the pilot's chest while in the exoskeleton. Cushioned parts for impact dampening. It looks like everything has a reason, a functionality and man how I love to see that! Mainly because I worked with automation and mechatronics I suppose, it is beautiful to see a machine performing at spec. Geesuit design aside, her face look gorgeous.

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
It's just that people get carried away and try to sexualize everything.

The obvious thing is that they're G-suits anyways. Much like chainmail//cloth, suits like this go under your armor. (in most cases).

Reality is unrealistic.
It's just that in this case, your armor is entirely robotic with you completely visible from the pilot's seat. Which is not so bad, since many airplane pilots also wear them too

Seeing someone in a gsuit looks out of the ordinary: because seeing a gsuit on its own, not being worn with something like knight's armor//etc. IS out of the ordinary.

But it's functional.
Skintight Olympic swimwear? Regulatory certification. (has to provide near 100% freedom of movement with no frictional advantage against water currents)
Marine helmets? Regulatory certification. (has to fit your skull down to the millimeter. ...i think..)
COPPER diving suits? Regulatory certification. (many . reasons. )

They're designed to be practical and utilitarian, we only
think they're stylish//sexy. As Geesuits are literal underwear to the letter. Most of the time

Last edited:

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Seeing someone in a gsuit looks out of the ordinary: because seeing a gsuit on its own, not being worn with something like knight's armor//etc. IS out of the ordinary.

I've never heard of a fighter pilot or an astronaut wearing medieval armor over their gsuits...

They're designed to be practical and utilitarian, we only
think they're stylish//sexy. As Geesuits are literal underwear to the letter. Most of the time
Um you do know what a modern day gsuit looks like right? they go over a pilots uniform...

upload_2017-9-15_10-56-19.png

Very underweary for certain.

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
Cute. Someone knows basic airforce tidbits. :rolleyes:

When dealing with armor or being the _client_ to a robotic suit, these "geesuits" are underwear.

The major examples being suits that contain their own node systems meant to tie into the larger system. Orion//Spartan undersuits are crystalline and move the actual armor because MJOLNIR weighs nearly half a ton. Astronaut EVA suits do this somewhat. Knights wore gowns underneath their armor to prevent scrapes and cuts from their pretty much sharp-metal armor. The Omega Boost is also controlled using some analogue mimicry as well, once Lester is cabled in, he was fiddling his hand around 1:1 with the mech:

It would be very uncomfortable to control stuff attached to you like this without a gsuit underneath. That, and Planet E.M8. - E.R. is very cold, is it not ? xD

knights and astronauts don't put armor directly onto bare-skin. It would hurt, and having a suit to attach the armor to is like having belts and suspenders. Less movement restriction caused by saggy parts, more support ! ;)

Last edited:

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Ok i had a long post yada yada response but honestly we are getting way off track here so I'll keep this more to the subject.

As I said before it is fairly obvious that the design is meant to be an environmental suit, which may or may not also include gravity protection as part of the overall package. Only reason I'm posting this is I am suggesting that it might be beneficial to drop the "Geesuit" moniker in favor of calling it the Esuit (no no I did not say Isuit!)

Jul 28, 2016
As I said before it is fairly obvious that the design is meant to be an environmental suit, which may or may not also include gravity protection as part of the overall package. Only reason I'm posting this is I am suggesting that it might be beneficial to drop the "Geesuit" moniker in favor of calling it the Esuit (no no I did not say Isuit!)
Yea I myself never really liked the name Gsuit because it brings a context of Gravity protection and control rather than environmental control as you stated. But we will see what the final concept naming will be, because as the story unfolds before us and we learn more about the planet, the term Gsuuit just does not give credence or weight to what the suit actually is.

I myself think of them as enviro-suits. They were made to protect the Reapers against extreme heat and cold so that is what I call them when I see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.