Status
Not open for further replies.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
The A + C option ^.^
I dont really mind the lewd artwork and it is a good teaser for the game. But like the rest here, cleavage should be done right.
Marketing tactic ;)

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
@PIghead Elderberry Let's not get carried away; there are plenty of games rated M for Mature out there for people who like that kind of "adult" style of gaming.

I think a PG-13 rating is pretty good ... besides, if anyone wants their kids to be able to play and I know there's a few (including Grummz, as he has mentioned that in the past), it needs to be less than full-on lewd. I'm good with showing some bewbs & some ass & a toned body (aka: sweetcake) on the female model; HOWEVER, there needs to be some defined six-pack abs & some defined pectoral muscles & some defined ass & 'n stuff (aka: beefcake) in there on the male model too. :cool:
I am not really serious about M rating as something that should be done...

M rating for me in this context would mean the one could make pretty much whatever one wanted in terms of dismembering (don't forget that we need dismembering) and all that good stuff along with wild and crazy things - not so much that we want to run around and have sex all over the landscape.

M for me here would mean "M" for "Making" any darn thing that Grummz wants to make! M for "Making" not M for "Mating" as it were...

Jul 4, 2017
Skyrim.png Can I just please ask for smaller tits. I freaking hate big Azz balloons. Just some nice A-cups would be great for me. Thanks a bunch for all the hard work.

I'll take a cutie like this any day LOL!! From My Skyrim --

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
These look brilliant and i am liking what i see, hope there will be customization for all to achieve their preferred looking avatar
at the end!

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
So..elaboration on my thoughts...

upload_2017-9-12_12-7-35.png

This is what I like and don't like about the g-suit concept art. My biggest issue is from my understanding the white area's are supposed to glow. But why are they glowey? huge glowing swaths all over a person is a giant target for anyone wanting to shoot at them, as such there (IMO) needs to at least be some logic behind its existance. What I do not like are the big thick area's of glow. I personally feel that the best look would be if the glowing came from "inside" the suit and peeked out through slots or overlap in the exterior suit plating. This would end up turning into more of a series of thin glow lines rather than big thick swaths like the male suit and female back legs have.

Obviously this is simple concept art, but I merely wanted to put my two cents in for the methodology behind the lighting.

(Also check mark for navel)

EDIT: also I would like to add that while I realize a lot of people love "sexy" outfits, I am really hoping that we end up with female g-suits that don't have giant boob appendages slapped on front. They need protection just as much as everything else! having them stick out like two big orbs is bleh.

not

Last edited:

sgghostrider

Firstclaimer
Jul 28, 2016
So..elaboration on my thoughts...

View attachment 973

This is what I like and don't like about the g-suit concept art. My biggest issue is from my understanding the white area's are supposed to glow. But why are they glowey? huge glowing swaths all over a person is a giant target for anyone wanting to shoot at them, as such there (IMO) needs to at least be some logic behind its existance. What I do not like are the big thick area's of glow. I personally feel that the best look would be if the glowing came from "inside" the suit and peeked out through slots or overlap in the exterior suit plating. This would end up turning into more of a series of thin glow lines rather than big thick swaths like the male suit and female back legs have.

Obviously this is simple concept art, but I merely wanted to put my two cents in for the methodology behind the lighting.

(Also check mark for navel)

EDIT: also I would like to add that while I realize a lot of people love "sexy" outfits, I am really hoping that we end up with female g-suits that don't have giant boob appendages slapped on front. They need protection just as much as everything else! having them stick out like two big orbs is bleh.

not

Man, just... just you don't understand what a g-suit means and is used for... if you knew, you would not have made this big post about something that it's allright... XD

Let me explain, the g-suit it's not meant to be used for combat, it's meant to be used in the cabin of the Mechas, where the person it's well enough protected from damage, IT'S A PILOT SUIT, so it don't needs to be stealthy nor either cover vital parts... and even less needs armor or any kind of aditional protection... and can be as fancy as the designer want it :p

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Man, just... just you don't understand what a g-suit means and is used for... if you knew, you would not have made this big post about something that it's allright... XD

Let me explain, the g-suit it's not meant to be used for combat, it's meant to be used in the cabin of the Mechas, where the person it's well enough protected from damage, IT'S A PILOT SUIT, so it don't needs to be stealthy nor either cover vital parts... and even less needs armor or any kind of aditional protection... and can be as fancy as the designer want it :p
Do not make assumptions, it makes you look silly. I know exactly what a gravity suit is designed for. You can have a gravity suit that doesn't have giant boob orbs sticking out the front. Part of the problem of course is that in reality what grummz has called gsuits is not merely a gsuit but rather an environmental suit (esuits if you will). These suits need to both protect humans from the elements as well as protect them in combat situations where their omniframe becomes incapacitated for whatever reason. As such our suits may not be "armor" but they do need to be armored to some extent.

My point was that boobs need padding, support and don't need to be "sticking out" of the suit. That I used pictures of mass effect armor was for illustration purposes, not because i believe that we are wearing plate armor.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
I love the artwork, not sure of I've been looking too long but the legs seem off proportion, just a hunch. Its concept art after all. ^.^

Last edited:

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I love the artwork, not sure of I've been looking too long but the legs seem of of proportion, just a hunch. Its concept art after all. ^.^
I actually almost made the same comment myself but then I thought about it. One of the nice thing about the game being set so far in the future is that human bodies won't be exactly the same as they are now. This might reflect in noticable differences from current human body norms. In this case the fact that we are all coming from 300 years of space travel might make sense that, because of lower gravity norms, reapers have developed with longer appendages (I feel like the arms are a little long as well).

Despair

Death Reaper
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
www.jardras.de
Human Bodies may stay the same since we are walking a path different than other species (related to evolution), since selection is necessary. And as your already know, small and weak people are reproducing too ;) Also the period of time between now and em-8er is way too short for a evolution process.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I'm not talking about evolution really, any first gen reaper would have been born and grown up in a low gravity environment (lets skip the science fantasy "gravity" plating) and as such would have longer appendages, no evolution required. Even if it was genetic however it isn't really "evolution" in the sense that you need "millions of years" so much as simple trait selection which only requires a few generations.

sgghostrider

Firstclaimer
Jul 28, 2016
Do not make assumptions, it makes you look silly. I know exactly what a gravity suit is designed for. You can have a gravity suit that doesn't have giant boob orbs sticking out the front. Part of the problem of course is that in reality what grummz has called gsuits is not merely a gsuit but rather an environmental suit (esuits if you will). These suits need to both protect humans from the elements as well as protect them in combat situations where their omniframe becomes incapacitated for whatever reason. As such our suits may not be "armor" but they do need to be armored to some extent.

My point was that boobs need padding, support and don't need to be "sticking out" of the suit. That I used pictures of mass effect armor was for illustration purposes, not because i believe that we are wearing plate armor.
After reading your posts i see you are one of those so i'm gonna just say you this; What you see is concept art, this doesn't mean it's gonna look the same way in 3D, and nobody said that is gonna be the only suit in the game, so keep calm before your head explodes XD.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I am here to provide feedback on concept art and methodology as well as anything else related to Em-8er in the hopes of helping shape a game that I am greatly looking forward to. Repeated insults towards other people for not following your opinion is uncalled for and unproductive.

We are talking about methodology here which is applicable to a wide range of finished products. It bugs me how women in games trend towards over sexualization, it can be demeaning when there is no point in it (I'm fine with a bit of navel as long as its protected). This is a perfectly valid opinion, thankyou.

Apr 22, 2017
Periphery, Canopus IV.
I am here to provide feedback on concept art and methodology as well as anything else related to Em-8er in the hopes of helping shape a game that I am greatly looking forward to. Repeated insults towards other people for not following your opinion is uncalled for and unproductive.

We are talking about methodology here which is applicable to a wide range of finished products. It bugs me how women in games trend towards over sexualization, it can be demeaning when there is no point in it (I'm fine with a bit of navel as long as its protected). This is a perfectly valid opinion, thankyou.
while you are free to state your opinion about how the bodysuits should look, please don't drag the oversexualization argument into this, Grummz decided he wants to use skin tight bodysuits so it's kinda unavoidable to not put emphasis on the female body considering it's... well... a skin-tight suit and women simply have features that men don't. unless the whole suit itself is thrown out the window and redesigned as something other than a skin-suit, then you can complain about it as the argument is now completely valid.

Besides that, if some of the older posts Grumms has made are any direction to go by, then we'll be able to put clothing and other such stuff over the suit itself. so you have to consider how a suit would look with stuff put over it, and well... a skin-suit sorta fits better and gives a wider range of stuff you can place on top of it.

i just scrolled up and remembered that your main argument was to just add breast padding to the suit not completely redesign it so alot of what i typed isnt valid either.... eh, screw it i put too much time into this post to just delete it.
-sidenote to self, stop adding an extra e to argument.

(Also if i remember correctly, the energy lines is a founder-exclusive thing. the normal pleb suit doesn't have em. although it's subject to change as we're a long way out from any kind of beta where you can customize the pilot/frame.)

Status
Not open for further replies.