Ability suggestion thread

Sennen

Commander
Jul 9, 2017
While not specifically from Firefall, unless you count smokescreen and remote explosive, I'd like to see some stealth/subtle abilities to help flesh out something more akin to an assassin/sharpshooter class built for harassment and strategy rather then raw firepower or buffs which dominated the nighthawk/raptor gameplay.

Things like short term stealth fields, remote/proximity mines, maybe even a large area 'mini-nuke' with a long activation time for area denial or removing entrenched/slow enemies.

If picking up your own loot is a thing, please have some pity on the long range snipers and give us a way to pick up at least some loot (not necessarily all) from range. Maybe a little mech that you can call in that will temporarily scrounge around the battlefield to retrieve stuff far away from you if you laser paint the item/area or something. Bonus points if its weaponized, with a small explosion at the end of its life, that you can use as either AoE or kamikaze fashion by painting an enemy target instead of an item ^_^

Also, yes, turrets were fun thumping, but way OP. Early on, In most areas, you could literally solo a P3 thumper completely afk and no where near the area with little loss on your turrets.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
While not specifically from Firefall, unless you count smokescreen and remote explosive, I'd like to see some stealth/subtle abilities to help flesh out something more akin to an assassin/sharpshooter class built for harassment and strategy rather then raw firepower or buffs which dominated the nighthawk/raptor gameplay.

Things like short term stealth fields, remote/proximity mines, maybe even a large area 'mini-nuke' with a long activation time for area denial or removing entrenched/slow enemies.

If picking up your own loot is a thing, please have some pity on the long range snipers and give us a way to pick up at least some loot (not necessarily all) from range. Maybe a little mech that you can call in that will temporarily scrounge around the battlefield to retrieve stuff far away from you if you laser paint the item/area or something. Bonus points if its weaponized, with a small explosion at the end of its life, that you can use as either AoE or kamikaze fashion by painting an enemy target instead of an item ^_^

Also, yes, turrets were fun thumping, but way OP. Early on, In most areas, you could literally solo a P3 thumper completely afk and no where near the area with little loss on your turrets.
I see stealth as something for a recon/scout frame that gathers intel and reports back. But then what do I know about sniping?

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
For light movement based glass cannon frames, teleportation should definitely be a thing.

Firefall's versions were a bit lacking imo. Mostly in "flashyness" but they felt too clunky too imo. Useful but never class definable.

Movement based middle class abilities could also have been more added.

• Reverse crater. A backflip creating the damage and stun impact on launch.
  • Overcharge. I never liked that overcharge boosted DMG and never jet energy and speed.

Nalessa

Commander
Jan 6, 2017
Belgium
Something similar to pharah's ult but that you can aim?
You mean the Awsenals' rocket barrage HKM? :p

Afterburner, crater and rocket jump were tons of fun for mobility.
Even though there were many mobility abilities, but afterburner was the most fun to use for me, I just loved the screen effects and the sound, it felt so good to use it, same with rocket jump and crater!

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
The Tiger Claws rocket barrage was Cool too. Somehow when I think of new abilities my mind always thinks of League of Legends.... Demacia! Been years since I've played it though lol.
I love the audio with Pharahs rocket barrage "Justice rains from above" like "Afterburners go!"
Good audio improves everything by 70℅ I think the statistic I saw years ago.

Jul 10, 2017
I'd like something like the Duskblade of Draktharr's passive where not being seen makes your next attack deal bonus damage, this would be great on light omniframes fitted for stealth/cloaky/sniper.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Duskblade_of_Draktharr

Edit:
Micro Jump Drive is a propulsion module that instead of making the ship move faster it jumps the ship forward 100km in the direction it is facing. I think the jump range should be modifiable by players

Micro Jump Drive Field Generators are similar to micro jump drives. But instead of jumping only one ship it jumps all ships in 6 km range of the ship using the module.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
Stealth players can mark targets for things like orbital strikes and tactical nukes.

Note how the battlecruiser uses the stealth warrior go behind enemy lines to mark the enemy base using triangulation so the tactical nuke doesn't hit the wrong thing.

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
as long as the HKM's refresh faster than what we had in the end of firefall I wouldn't mind anything. I hated how they limit us from having fun....who cares how I kill the dam AI? I want to have fun. So what if I'm a little OP? its pve. Balance it only for pvp if anything

Aug 14, 2016
I see your missile barrage with a lot of small missiles (clip from Macross Frontier)

And I rise you just having one large missile that kills everything (Tactical Nuke Incoming!). Giga Missile from Armored Core V (notice the things on the mecha's back)

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017
I see your missile barrage with a lot of small missiles (clip from Macross Frontier)
And I rise you just having one large missile that kills everything (Tactical Nuke Incoming!). Giga Missile from Armored Core V (notice the things on the mecha's back)
that reminded me of this

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
that reminded me of this
The reason I posted Macross is before it did the whole "fire all the missiles" thing before Gundam did. In tv tropes it is even listed as the "Macross Missile Massacre" lol.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MacrossMissileMassacre

In some groups a missile barrage is also called a missile carnival. In some mecha games we do this thing where everyone brings their missile boat builds (a missile boat is a mecha designed around having and firing as many missiles and rockets as possible) to see who can survive the longest while everyone fires at them. You can only run and dodge, not attack back. It is both madness and fun.

Here is an example of a missile carnival in Armored Core for Answer.

For the people who never played the game before the radar is in the top right and all the pink dots are missiles and rockets that have been fired.

P.s.
It is things like that that is part of the reason why I like to make super high speed and agility mecha. So I can dodge missiles and other lock-on weapons as will as letting me get in close to my targets for melee.

Last edited:

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
Which frames and what kind of times are you talking about, regarding the HKM charging too slow?

What kind of charge time would you like to see?
when we were in beta the hkm was a lot faster. cant remember the exact time but every time there was a mission before the mission was over it was always available. In 1.3 steam version which I still liked, they made it where it took a longer time to charge up. It took me a long time to adjust and didn't like it for a long time. Later of course you get use to everything

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
1.3 was not the last version of FF though.
The last versions were 1.6 and 1.7, which were completely different.
yes aware of it and complete trash imo. I was pissed when they ruined the game in 1.6 I had no problems with not one beta version and 1.3. but 1.6 is where my family and friends said good bye to the game, tho I played it on and off till it died completely.

Aug 5, 2016
1.3 was not the last version of FF though.
The last versions were 1.6 and 1.7, which were completely different.
my dad and I played every single version of the game and Ive been playing it since I was 3 years old. We loved the betas, liked it a lot in 1.3 But, hated it in 1.6 and 1.7. we did take some pics in 1.6 But our true ending was in 1.3.

BunnyHunny

Deepscanner
Aug 20, 2016
So it seems you meant to say "in the last version i liked" rather than "in the end of FF", since it was neither the last version of the game, nor the last version you played.

Otherwise, your posts would contradict each other.

By the way, you remind me of some guy from the FF forums.
He also used multiple accounts to post on the forums and then like his own posts, just like you do.

Last edited:

0V3RKILL

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Aug 5, 2016
So it seems you meant to say "in the last version i liked" rather than "in the end of FF", since it was neither the last version of the game, nor the last version you played.

Otherwise, your posts would contradict each other.

By the way, you remind me of some guy from the FF forums.
He also used multiple accounts to post on the forums and then like his own posts, just like you do.
I never said what your thinking. But, sorry If I confused you. Anyway I was mostly annoyed with the time of the hkm in 1.3, after using the beta for so long. I personally think 1.6 and 1.7 are irrelevant versions of firefall. Everything was so different I dont even talk about it. To me it was a mess and yes for the most part the end of firefall for alot of players. I cant speak for you. I don't know if you liked it. I think the people still playing 1.6 and 1.7 were hanging on to a dead game cause of the good memories they had in the past. That's what I was doing. anyway you probably know me cause I do know you. I changed my avatar. Use to be this
0v3rkill 90.gif

Last edited: