Thursday Update (One Day Early)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
First off, the 3D printer files for the THMPR have been sent to Terraformer backers and above. Pls check your spam folders!

The Tsi-Hu humanoid and beast forms are off to the modelers soon, as the concept as been completed. We have a nice hi-rez poster to share for your wallpaper use or to print your own poster:

Finally the lo poly female and male models are ready, and weight in around 100k polygons before LOD reduction. Mouths and hair are next.

Also, we were not able to include the renders of the complete Omniframe last time. In case you missed Joe's followup post, here are the renders of the completed Omniframe hi-poly medium frame:

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
Yay for more art! Two questions though.

1. Does that back graboid bit that is launched out to grab the player have any means of propulsion? Simple chain would just real it back in and I'm guessing wont control it like a tentacle or something, so does it just get fired off with a sudden initial force, or does it activly fly through some means? And if it's just launched off with an initial force then does that mean the enemy will have to thurn their backs to the player before they can try to grab them?

2. Is this more metallic look the direction you plan to go with the Tsi-Hu? With the earlier talk of boiweapons and parasitic armor and stuff I figured it'd be a bit more organic or boney looking, maybe a bit Tyranid or Zerg like mixed in some some metalic bits here and there, this looks mostly metallic/mechanical on the outside.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Am I the only one who saw a resemblance between the design of the eyes/head on the tsihu and the omnimek (art). Small elliptical lights with linear lights near them?

Edit: another similarity. Both the omnimek and tsi-hu have thighs that extend past the kneecap (see the rectangular structure that juts out over the knee) and both have similar crotch-protector things (rectangular and blocky structures that slant upwards). Wondering what that could mean.

(inb4 tsi'hu omnimek head cosmetic)

Last edited:
Now it reminds me of a animal chimera from Tokyo Mew Mew. Funny how the female character has nipples and the male one doesn't.

Nice to see you're using Marmoset Toolbag 3, if anybody is interested in this they have a 14 day trial for the mac and the pc. https://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/
I'd look at some videos before you start the trail, it can be a bit intimidating to use if you have not had any experience using it.

Last edited:

PIghead Elderberry

Kaiju Slayer
JUMBO KAIJU SLAYER
Jun 4, 2017
CA USA
I think the tech bit at the base of the claw has both life support and propulsion.
You guys are crazy! This is going to be great!

That concept is nuts (meaning good and crazy). I am 100% certain that the end result will be even more more better by more and more betterness!

I am not even going to ask why there is a basket of green tentacles on there...

More NUTS is BETTER NUTS!

Crazy is good!

The more you let your imaginations make whatever you dream - the better!

Status
Not open for further replies.