SpamSpam Post - nonsense approved ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016

Trump recalls that his crew came to him and told him the panels were "a lot heavier" than they thought. To save them, Trump writes, would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and would delay the project by "several weeks."
"I just wasn't prepared to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars to save a few Art Deco sculptures that I believed were worth considerably less, and perhaps not very much at all," he writes. "So I ordered my guys to rip them down."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/politics/donald-trump-history-culture-sculptures/index.html

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016

But the president’s religious evangelical advisory board, a mix of radical born-again preachers, televangelists and conservative political influencers, still stands almost intact. Not only have members avoided criticism of the president, while occasionally scolding the violence in general – some have been openly supportive of Trump’s statements assigning blame “on many sides” and slamming those who turned up to oppose the militant neo-Nazis.

Jerry Falwell Jr tweeted on Wednesday: “Finally, a leader in the White House. Jobs returning, North Korea backing down, bold truthful statement about Charlottesville tragedy. So proud of Donald Trump.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/18/donald-trump-evangelicals-charlottesville

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
i've lived briefly with family in australia, with two opposite sisters and their husbands and children. one of these groups was sloppy, and on the wall above their sofa there lived a spider of a similar volume to that one; larger body and shorter legs. can't remember it ever moving from there, but i can remember flying insects swarming around a nightlight in that same room, so it probably had plenty of food.

SweetVictory

Jul 27, 2016
Take a boat to Georges Island in Boston Harbor, and you'll see something you might not expect: a Confederate monument.

A little context on the Georges Island monument: Its inscription refers to the "war between the states," a term for the Civil War used more often in the South, and features the Confederate motto "Deo Vindice."

As for the argument put forth by some — including President Trump on Tuesday — that removing Confederate statues is just the first step toward eliminating monuments to other historical figures, from Thomas Jefferson to George Washington — Richardson doesn't buy it.

"That argument is so stupid I even have a hard time grappling with it," she said. "The Confederates were fighting to destroy the country. The founding fathers were putting forth a group of expandable principles that we still, theoretically, live by. So that's just an absolute red herring, and it makes me crazy when people spout it."

http://www.wbur.org/artery/2017/08/16/boston-confederate-monument

Status
Not open for further replies.