cooperative iron giants

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
reading grummz what is ember post again, i wonder if there's supposed to be an exclusion zone around the metal men like there was around thumpers.

i really wouldnt mind if the jäger could be set to defend a digging brother, keeping the 'jou off his back while he runs with the football full of shinies.

i too would love to use them as super heavy weapons plattform, wh40k titan like.

Aug 14, 2016
What if I put on robot a massive energy cannon that is super powerful but takes a long time to charge and has a narrow beam? But my teammate made their robot to be more like a tank with an large energy shield that can project onto other things, not just themselves. What if they could change the size and shape of the energy shield to make a large lens in front of my robot just before I fire my massive energy cannon to change my narrow sniper-like beam into an AOE cone wave? All the other robot would have to do while mining is change where they are projecting their shield energy.

Just having teamwork is good and all. But why not also have abilities that get more powerful when you use them at the same time as other players or in a combo with other players?

I still remember how in one game I played there was an ability called something like "Leader of the pack" when I used the ability it give myself and everyone in my team a buff. The thing was the buff gets more power based on how many people have the buff and are working together. So to get the full effect of the buff you have work like a real pack of wolves. lol

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
A bit of a necro but not the first time it happens to this thread, just wanted to say i'd love it if during some massive invasions or such command allows the players to, instead of staying in their omniframes, board an Emperor class titan or such and use one of the many weapons on it to bring massive annihilation upon the invaders. Would be a blast, titan doesn't even have to be controlled by a player, could just have a bot make it move around or have it use a prescripted path (probably the best option) and all the players that join the crew get one of the weapon on the titan, and there can be MANY weapons on a titan.

Obviously, it wouldn't and shouldn't be totally like WH40K titans, but in the same concept.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Though I like this idea, I think the direction is this function will be found in the base defenses with turrets, artillery and other vehicle modes. Unless of course someone wants to pull a Voltron...two which I may get too excited and sensor myself on here.

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Though I like this idea, I think the direction is this function will be found in the base defenses with turrets, artillery and other vehicle modes. Unless of course someone wants to pull a Voltron...two which I may get too excited and sensor myself on here.
That is indeed true, but this is mostly for far later in development, perhaps one day this thread will be looked at in a long time, and the idea will be adopted!