Extending configurability: overframe vehicles

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
Right now, the concept of versatility is equipping a cockpit base with arms and legs.

Grummz mentions now and then that vehicles may or may not play a role in the future.
My hope is, that mechs can switch form to a fast transit mode aside from gliding and purge part of their form to claim neutral vehicle parts at the expense of not being able to glide at all.

The first needs no explanation. The 2nd, I'll provide an example.

A frontline base, in the hangar. You stomp with your heavy class energy weapons equipped plattform up to a power tank type support, it'll provide you with more power than your reactor alone can provide, boosting your regeneration while reducing your mobility even more in exchange for a more health. Claiming the plattform, your suit's legs are de-digitized (despawn) while you connect and take control of the support vehicle.

Someone else decides to go faster than his light can handle, takes a skimming buggy (antigrav like battlezone tanks), purging both his legs and his arms while settling in the wheel-less wheelchair overframe.

A third person is going for an orbit patrol and claims a superiority fighter, purging all limbs and folding the head into the unit as well as opposed of your complete core and the recon's upper core standing out like yugi xyz compound monsters.

It would be nice if the purged parts can be regained centurion like when exiting, so you don't lose your pants when the ride is destroyed or otherwise lost - especially in high altitude situations, being without the exo is bad news.

Additonaly, when teraforming is advanced far enough, vehicular omni parts could become available to turn your omni into a dedicated vehicle, possibly even giving piggy bag rides for heavy omnis.

Jul 10, 2017
My hope is, that mechs can switch form to a fast transit mode aside from gliding and purge part of their form to claim neutral vehicle parts at the expense of not being able to glide at all.

A frontline base, in the hangar. You stomp with your heavy class energy weapons equipped plattform up to a power tank type support, it'll provide you with more power than your reactor alone can provide, boosting your regeneration while reducing your mobility even more in exchange for a more health. Claiming the plattform, your suit's legs are de-digitized (despawn) while you connect and take control of the support vehicle.

Someone else decides to go faster than his light can handle, takes a skimming buggy (antigrav like battlezone tanks), purging both his legs and his arms while settling in the wheel-less wheelchair overframe.

A third person is going for an orbit patrol and claims a superiority fighter, purging all limbs and folding the head into the unit as well as opposed of your complete core and the recon's upper core standing out like yugi xyz compound monsters.

It would be nice if the purged parts can be regained centurion like when exiting, so you don't lose your pants when the ride is destroyed or otherwise lost - especially in high altitude situations, being without the exo is bad news.

Additonaly, when teraforming is advanced far enough, vehicular omni parts could become available to turn your omni into a dedicated vehicle, possibly even giving piggy bag rides for heavy omnis.
Ok instead of purging the Mech's arms and legs, why not just have them fold inwards? o_O seems like a waste to throw away perfectly good limbs

Also purging parts is more applicable as Modular Equipment/Armaments for Omniframes or vehicles, These would be equipment that specialized for a particular purpose like a Booster Engine which is basically bigger thrusters equipped on your frame that diverts power from other areas to make you go faster and more maneuverable at the cost of defense and offensive power. And if the speed is no longer necessary and you need more offense/defense you can purge the thrusters or deactivate them. I think after purging them they should remain for a short duration for you to re-equip if you so desire.
These can also be additional weapons, shields or other stuff.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I LIKE THAT SH*T. RIP OFF MY RIGHT ARM AND GLUE A F*CKING HOWITZER ON IT.
F*CK THESE WINGS. NEED A BIGGER POWER CORE AND BIG JUMP PACK.
GIVE IT 3 OR 4 LEGS FOR EXTRA STABILITY TO SHOOT ALL THESE DAKKAS.

NO. SERIOUS. I'M F*CKING AFRAID LIKE A LITTLE GIRL THAT THIS WILL TURN THE ENTIRE GAME INTO A TOO HEAVY MECH GAME. (Though, I wouldn't mind)

I STILL WANNA RIDE A TANK. BECAUSE TANKS.

Nalessa

Commander
Jan 6, 2017
Belgium
I'll be glad with just glider pads and if they worked same way as in Faufau, a lot of fun without having unrestricted flying but still a very hand tool to have!

Mark did say eventually hover tanks might be a thing, but I'm fine with just omniframes at the start.

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
Ok instead of purging the Mech's arms and legs, why not just have them fold inwards? o_O seems like a waste to throw away perfectly good limbs

Also purging parts is more applicable as Modular Equipment/Armaments for Omniframes or vehicles, These would be equipment that specialized for a particular purpose like a Booster Engine which is basically bigger thrusters equipped on your frame that diverts power from other areas to make you go faster and more maneuverable at the cost of defense and offensive power. And if the speed is no longer necessary and you need more offense/defense you can purge the thrusters or deactivate them. I think after purging them they should remain for a short duration for you to re-equip if you so desire.
These can also be additional weapons, shields or other stuff.
no no no, you misinterpreted.

remember this shit?

What i meant with purging is to simply despawn the removed pieces and upon leaving the vehicles let them reappear from a subspace pocket or reaper HQ or wherever.