Video-game(s) you're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2016
DISHONORED 2 gives you the illusion that you have many different paths to approach an objective from, but if you want to collect some lore and actually learn about the world of the game you're playing you'll have to snoop around and crawl through every possible path, nook and cranny to find reading material and loot.

Since it sounds like you went the evil route, did you also
kill off your allies prior to completing the final mission?

I went the goody 2 shoes approach and barely killed anyone the first time as Emily without powers. I obviously missed some stuff and didn't mind since I knew I was going to go back and replay the game as her psycho super powered dad.

Since it sounds like you went the evil route, did you also
kill off your allies prior to completing the final mission?

I went the goody 2 shoes approach and barely killed anyone the first time as Emily without powers. I obviously missed some stuff and didn't mind since I knew I was going to go back and replay the game as her psycho super powered dad.
Low Chaos, Ghost ending. No one saw me. I kept quick-loading. The Tutorial message for Enemy Awareness couldn't even show up.

Killed a few guards and nest keepers.
Killed Ramsey, saved Hypatia, put Jindosh in his own chair (poetic), killed Ashworth, Paolo, Byrne, Saved Stilton (altered his past), Killed Luca Abele. Forgave Billy. And definitely killed Delilah. I could've locked her inside the picture,
but I couldn't wait to just be done with this fucking game. 30+ hours of sheer stupidity and annoyance.

Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Low Chaos, Ghost ending. No one saw me. I kept quick-loading. The Tutorial message for Enemy Awareness couldn't even show up.

Killed a few guards and nest keepers.
Killed Ramsey, saved Hypatia, put Jindosh in his own chair (poetic), killed Ashworth, Paolo, Byrne, Saved Stilton (altered his past), Killed Luca Abele. Forgave Billy. And definitely killed Delilah. I could've locked her inside the picture,
but I couldn't wait to just be done with this fucking game. 30+ hours of sheer stupidity and annoyance.

Dishonored 1 is better than 2 , nuff said.

Jul 26, 2016
Dishonored 1 is better than 2 , nuff said.
Not really. Both is the same, plotwise and combatwise. 2 is only mildly better because if you play without powers as Emily, that game is harder than Corvo without powers. But the different endings isn't really all that different from each other as either Emily or Corvo. Evil Emily and Evil Corvo is nearly identical just like how Good Emily and Good Corvo is.

Oh and do know what happens if you play a low chaos as Emily but still kill the major jerks in the game?
You mom treats you the same as if you are playing high chaos. You can avoid killing everyone else and only kill or screw up the real assholes that deserve it. But your mom will still act like you went evil. >_< I avoided killing every person that walked the streets. Even the crazy doctor that got turned into Ms. Hyde and still mom is like, "I'm disappointed in you." Come on! All those other shitheads deserved to die! All the guards that attacked the party died too except for the guard boss, he got rewarded with a stay in the safe room. He deserved the slow death. Everyone else though is just misguided. Even the witches.

Final boss... seriously? Why the hell is she alive? The devs couldn't figure out a way to make another story within the great setting than to reuse the final boss from the last game? Yeah, the DLC of the last game showed that this lady was the root cause for everything. Lots of lore and beautiful setting but overall the same plot from the last game. So darn disappointing.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Not really. Both is the same, plotwise and combatwise. 2 is only mildly better because if you play without powers as Emily, that game is harder than Corvo without powers. But the different endings isn't really all that different from each other as either Emily or Corvo. Evil Emily and Evil Corvo is nearly identical just like how Good Emily and Good Corvo is.

Oh and do know what happens if you play a low chaos as Emily but still kill the major jerks in the game?
You mom treats you the same as if you are playing high chaos. You can avoid killing everyone else and only kill or screw up the real assholes that deserve it. But your mom will still act like you went evil. >_< I avoided killing every person that walked the streets. Even the crazy doctor that got turned into Ms. Hyde and still mom is like, "I'm disappointed in you." Come on! All those other shitheads deserved to die! All the guards that attacked the party died too except for the guard boss, he got rewarded with a stay in the safe room. He deserved the slow death. Everyone else though is just misguided. Even the witches.

Final boss... seriously? Why the hell is she alive? The devs couldn't figure out a way to make another story within the great setting than to reuse the final boss from the last game? Yeah, the DLC of the last game showed that this lady was the root cause for everything. Lots of lore and beautiful setting but overall the same plot from the last game. So darn disappointing.

lol u r absolutely right , now that u put it that way. Redundancies of plot in video games are just so overused nowadays-_-..... Oh and the DLC wants u to go after the Outsider, I truly wonder if its any different than 2.

Jul 26, 2016
lol u r absolutely right , now that u put it that way. Redundancies of plot in video games are just so overused nowadays-_-.
I think it's just fear. Fear that all the time to develop something new won't reap the same or greater profits as the last title in the same series. No one likes seeing their company go under.

Arkane Studios make some really beautiful games. Look at their most recent game, Prey. That thing is gorgeous. The setting and all the little subplots is neat. Cool game play that rewards players that play their own way. They got the chops to build and create believable worlds. That's awesome. Their sequels though leaves much to be desired.

I'm playing it again though since I do like the gameplay.
Killing is way too easy in this game, in both the silent ghost style or "fuck the alarms, you're going to die anyway" style. So I don't do that. Trying to reach everything as ghost Jesus is much harder and more rewarding.

Last edited:

That's weird. I kept it low chaos. Killed the odd guard here and there. Killed a few of the main targets, like I described, but I don't recall the mother being disappointed, when I listened to the heart or anywhere along the line.

Jul 26, 2016
That's weird. I kept it low chaos. Killed the odd guard here and there. Killed a few of the main targets, like I described, but I don't recall the mother being disappointed, when I listened to the heart or anywhere along the line.
I'm playing it again and I noticed they changed the game. I had made a crafted a blood charm with 4 void favors which meant I never used any of the MP bar. Now I noticed that ain't the case anymore. I read through their updates and I think I probably hit a bug when I first played it. Dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.