Last Chance - FF Credit Program. Red 5 Studios Closing Firefall Tomorrow, July 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brift

Commander
Sep 12, 2016
Kansas
trimaze.net
I have to admit that I loved playing Firefall, started in beta and have seen the many changes the game went through. Once they started turning it into a World of Warcraft with shooting it went downhill from there. I really hope that we can keep the clueless corporate CEOs out of the picture here, and I really like that this is being done with crowdfunding. If there is anything you need to help this succeed please let us know.

TGVirus

Firstclaimer
Ark Liege
Jul 28, 2016
Bucharest, Romania
They dropped the ball and it's time for us to pick it up and run with it. Thank you all.
They messed with the old players in order to get new players comming in. But without offering a better gameplay, just an even buggier one. Sadly the playerbase inflow was not that great and the old ones started leaving for the reason mentioned above.
My opinion is that FF was in coma since 1.6 and only now they decided to pull the plug. Im sad as well, but not as sad as when i was 2y ago when things started to get worse. Even if you love your pet, sometimes, if he is suffering too much, you have to put him down.

Im glad to see that the legend of the pheonix also applies to FF in the form of Em8ER. Basicaly that why I joined.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Yes, saw that. The whole site is down. Just the Red 5 page is up.

Petrified

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jun 5, 2017
http://www.red5studios.com/2017/07/firefall-closure-announcement/

Red 5 Studios has decided to shut down Firefall effectively tommorow, July 7th. This means that today is the last day to claim Firefall credit via our founders's program. Since we do not control Firefall's servers, we will have no way to verify founders when the servers go down.

We are saddened by this news, and apologize for the short notice. Please help spread the word so that any remaining Firefall vets or forum users can claim credit for Em-8ER's future virtual cosmetics store.

https://emberbot.jadex.eu/founders/
Sadly, while I picked the game up in Steam on release, I was unable to get credit as I never went to the forums.

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
http://forums.firefall.com/community/
the forums are still up. And for some reason the lost password thingy still works. So perhaps you can make an account now, post and get credit.
He can't get the credit, players who started on steam are most certainly not owners of founder packs and if they create account now, their join date won't permit them to claim veteran reward because forum join date ≠ game join date. It's technical difficulty we couldn't overcome.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
Since the9 promise rewards for Firefall Founders in the mobile game, is it possible people could receive credit that way?

Petrified

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jun 5, 2017
He can't get the credit, players who started on steam are most certainly not owners of founder packs and if they create account now, their join date won't permit them to claim veteran reward because forum join date ≠ game join date. It's technical difficulty we couldn't overcome.
Exactly. I only went to the forums after Firefall had started acting really wonky. That was after the cut off.

There is a funny story to this in that I had been selected to do the beta for Firefall but it was just when a bunch of things blew up in life around me so I never had the opportunity to test it. When the game was released in Steam I smacked myself on the head a few times for missing out on a number of things. But life is life and here i am for this go at something that looks promising based on Firefall itself.

Sekkerhund

May 28, 2017
Actually the password recovery is, amazingly, working again. Thought I was hosed, but turns out I was able to get back in!

On the downside of that... man, I was one of the first Alpha testers for that game, but somehow, I guess I missed the Founder's Packs. Thought for sure I'd had one, but I guess not, even though the Credit Program link page says: "CAUTION: Claiming Veteran reward on founder eligible account lowers your reward!"

Activated Upgrades
Firefall: All Beta Testers
All participants during Firefall's open or closed beta cycles.
Firefall: Open Beta Tester
Thank you for your support!
Launch: Digital Deluxe
Firefall: Digital Deluxe Edition
Launch: Digital Starter
Firefall: Digital Starter Pack
Launch: Preorder Bonus
Firefall Preorder - Little Claw Cosmetic Pet
Firefall: Earthbreaker Pet
You've earned an Earthbreaker Holo-Pet by defending New Eden during the Chosen weekend events.

So RIP! LOL All that work to recover my account (PW recovery was broken the last I checked, so I searched HDDs, old FF files, etc. then decided to check the PW recovery page just in case...) and it looks like I indeed do not have a Founder status. QQ Oh well.

Sad to see them finally sunset it, but it was long past due. Firefall could have gone better, it should have gone better, but I still had fun with it over the last... wow, 7-8 years since we first got our tester invites? I saw it go through a lot of changes. A lot. This current iteration was nothing... NOTHING like what I logged into for the first time.

Many other games have met the similar sad fate and more will come.

I can't actually put in my ember link on my profile due to being perma banned so I can't really get the credit for being a Firefall Founder. All I get is a note saying this "You have been banned for the following reason: Per Request - Unable to stop stirring up drama.."

This is the best proof I can give that I am the real me.

At least they had a legit reason, I got banned by a The9 employee for advertising Em8er on the FF Forums :p

Status
Not open for further replies.