The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016

Jag

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Mar 18, 2017
If you'd prefer I know that Grummz is allowing some people to back using PayPal so if you want to avoid indiegogo thats an option?

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
We've had two fundraiser so far on IndieGoGo without a major issue. I'll keep an eye on it. You can also pledge directly.

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
Are you sure it's IndieGoGo's fault and not of campaign owner or PayPal? I've googled up and down and haven't found a single instance where IndieGoGo wouldn't fulfill any obligations. But I did find dozens if not hundreds of horror stories where PayPal froze crowdfunding funds killing numerous projects with successful campaigns in their tracks (probably reason why IndieGoGo, Kickstarter and plenty of others ditched them for Stripe).

PayPal is overconfident jerk who thinks all money they receive is their property and that crowdfunding is illegal source of income they need to put tight control on:

Paypal freezes half of developer’s indiegogo campaign funds
Paypal and Crowdfunding: don’t do it
GlassUp raised $100K on Indiegogo — but PayPal is refusing to pay up until campaigner releases final product
PayPal freezes $45,000 of Mailpile’s crowdfunded dollars and demands "itemized budget" before releasing funds

Last edited: