Firefall Credit Program - Em-8ER to offer full credit for founder packs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2017
Very nice. I bought the Commander pack way back when (near the end of the time it was available) because I felt I had gotten far more than $100 worth of fun out of it by then, and felt it was a game worth supporting. And I feel I got well over $100 worth of gameplay afterwards, and didn't really stop playing until they completely remade the game after the "full release". So, while I don't feel like I was ripped off despite the game changing direction (and then dying), this is a really cool move on your part and definitely makes me that much more interested in where Ember is going. Because this move would be inconceivable to so many game publishers*, and makes me think there's a strong chance that decisions will be based on what most makes the game fun, rather than trying to squeeze as much money as possible regardless of how many people it drives away.

Really though, all I care about is that it turns into a decent game with jumpjet mechanics that are similar to (or better than) Firefall. I would gladly pay $60 for a good single-player game with Firefall's gameplay mechanics, and while this isn't single-player (which is what I tend to prefer, even though I have player a good amount of several MMOs over the years) I am thrilled at the chance to see another game with similar mechanics. The shear versatility of movement provided in Firefall really drew me in, and the shear freedom provided by Firefall's mechanics has not once been repeated in any game I have played since.

Just one bit of unasked for advice: don't put too much focus into paying complaints/"suggestions" by the players. I think one of the problems that lead to Firefall's repeated changes to the gameplay was a result of trying to satisfy the loudest voices (yes, The9 were the killing blow, but there were some problems with remaking systems before Firefall was bought).

And a small suggestion: pirate-themed founders edition :D.

*who usually seem to be the main source of problems these days.

PS: When I was about to post, I noticed something about this thread: this is thread number 666. Coincidence?

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I wrote a 20 page design vision book to make clear what my vision is. Suggestions that enhance that vision are welcome. But the vision is there for a reason. Has to be the game I want to make. I don't want to morph it into 5v5 PVP

Think about it...would I do a good job if I wasn't making the game that I loved and was personally interested in?

Aureola

Firstclaimer
Jun 19, 2017
Bought commander, didn't regret it. Firefall had been a great game that I'd played for a long time, having lots of fun. Nice to see the purchase is still showing its worth even in the spiritual successor.

Question, can the credit from these packs be used in the founder perks for this milestone?

Jun 20, 2017
hmm cannot get it to work.. will try posting see it this helps some. Interesting and inventive concept. Hope Em8er is as good as old firefall was wife and I loved it.

Geargoyle

Jun 22, 2017
I missed the chance to be a founder, but my husband and I both got the Launch: Deluxe Digital Edition. Any chance that we'll be able to get some credit in EM-8ER?

NateX

Ark Liege
Jun 22, 2017
Sorry, but the deluxe digital edition does not count, it cannot be checked and wasn't made by Grummz nor is it related to him in any way.
In the Firefall account profile, there is a tab called purchasing. That tab ha a drop down which includes "Purchase History". You can then select the purchase made and "details". For example, I bought the "Package Name USD Digital Deluxe Edition" and "Package Name USD “Rocketeer” + "Racer" Bundle Pack". The details shows a time stamp, reference ID, amount, and a few other things. With all those details, they cannot be checked?

Xeevis

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Forum Tech
Jul 26, 2016
www.emberbot.com
In the Firefall account profile, there is a tab called purchasing. That tab ha a drop down which includes "Purchase History". You can then select the purchase made and "details". For example, I bought the "Package Name USD Digital Deluxe Edition" and "Package Name USD “Rocketeer” + "Racer" Bundle Pack". The details shows a time stamp, reference ID, amount, and a few other things. With all those details, they cannot be checked?
This is private data and we don't have access to it. Requiring users to give us their credentials to their accounts would be too much of a privacy concern since we'd be dealing with emails, payments, passwords on a service we are not affiliated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.