Video-game(s) you're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NF85

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
right now cloud pirates.

a nice pvp game that sadly suffers from low pop due to extended period in cloused beta, and wrongfully labled as a f2p in steam when it is not.

Jul 26, 2016
Mass Effect: A.
It has the loot of Borderlands, the crafting and mod system that reminds me of certain versions of Firefall and jetpack. They also gives you back items used when crafting. So say I use seeking projectile aug while crafting a shotgun. I don't like the gun, I deconstruct it and I'll get the aug back too. That's very cool.
I found my playstyle is too aggressive for the enemy AI to counter well. I don't use cover, I prefer to use a knife in a gun fight. I like the crafting system lets players to strengthen their playstyle. Lots of weapons, skills, mods, etc.

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
Mass Effect: A.
It has the loot of Borderlands, the crafting and mod system that reminds me of certain versions of Firefall and jetpack. They also gives you back items used when crafting. So say I use seeking projectile aug while crafting a shotgun. I don't like the gun, I deconstruct it and I'll get the aug back too. That's very cool.
I found my playstyle is too aggressive for the enemy AI to counter well. I don't use cover, I prefer to use a knife in a gun fight. I like the crafting system lets players to strengthen their playstyle. Lots of weapons, skills, mods, etc.
Just about to finish this one up myself. The whole time I have been playing I have been noticing FF type content, its silly even. Enemy creatures named the same "chosen", lol. First major Ai boss the "Architect" seemed very very similar to boss at end of Black water. One of their artists/designers has to have been either Red5 staff or a FF junkie, but the re-made boss is a better version since FF gave them the base to build on.
Since I like using the guns... :) The sniper riffles are pretty suck, assault riffle have more range....adding in slow reload on the high damage guns and they become immediately useless, but wait they do have the semi-auto sniper rifles.... (Their just assault rifles with less range than assault rifles, :confused:).
Negativity aside; it's a good game, worth buying, a shame it has a scripted end point and not open co-op

Jul 26, 2016
Since I like using the guns... :) The sniper riffles are pretty suck, assault rifle have more range....adding in slow reload on the high damage guns and they become immediately useless, but wait they do have the semi-auto sniper rifles.... (Their just assault rifles with less range than assault rifles, :confused:).
I have been playing as sniper recently and I nearly agree with you. All of the sniper rifles suck except for 2 in my option.
The Naladen which is simply an RPG with a scope and magazine.
The Isharay which usually kills in one shot on high difficulties for me.
Which makes a sniper with tech powers and equipped with the fusion mod that recharges powers after a kill nearly OP. Everything that doesn't die to my powers die to the Isharay. The RPG I tend use if I just want to rush things.

For some reason they made the Isharay have a faster reload than every other high damage, one round in the clip rifle.
and the Naladen is a better grenadier than the a Falcon. Especially if you put the richocet aug on it.
oh and the plasma seeking aug is also OP. Put that on anything, even the Reegar and the range on the weapon jumps drastically.

I also noticed that just because you can't see their health bar, doesn't mean you can't kill them.This works with all weapons not just snipers. As long as the projectile doesn't drop which is nearly all of them. You still get the XP and loot too.

Yeah these architect did remind me of firefall. Though the devs were lazy. They had the opportunity to create 3 or 4 unique bosses and instead just copy and pasted the same thing.
Hell the only reason I brought this game was because of the jetpack. Which on reflection makes me feel as if the devs didn't know how to make AI that could effectively handle a player with one. This stands out more in the multiplayer with the teleporting fiend one hit kill attacks. It's too bad they didn't put a PvP into this game.

ble003

Commander
Aug 7, 2016
always sometimes warframe and dungeon crawl: stone soup

just completed the solstice update of oneshot, which is an extremely meta puzzle/feels adventure game. i'm kinda disappointed in the lack of choice when it comes to interactions with nico during that plot, the game kinda assumes things about you from the fact that you continue playing. it was right about me, but it took some thinking to realize that. i'd have liked the option to not be nice, even if i wouldn't have taken it. i've got something profound i really want to write about the true ending, but i won't do it here.

i'm towards the end of a true pacifist run in undertale, which has a lot of similarities with oneshot but more gameplay. a lot of the humor works, the puzzles are interesting, the music is great, the gameplay is right. the ethics are ones i can respect, and have influenced me; i'll probably be more diplomatic the next time someone tries to murder me with puzzles.

immortal defense is an extremely weird tower-defense. the story and philosophy bits aren't very impactful to me, but the gameplay periodically weirds up whatever safe strategy i've found. "what, one fear 7 to slow everything as it passes through a killbox, and one fear 6 at the start to stop the zigs at the start? well this level your only damaging tower tower shoots with very high damage and speed, a long reload, and the bullets travel in spirographs at level one and a smaller copy of the creeps' path at level two."

other than that, i'd kinda like to play furi, hyper light drifter, and bastion, which are all twin-stick shooters with melee-weapons and stories and some other thing that makes them different from each-other. the program for my twin sticks isn't recognizing them, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.