Heavy Ideas

Oct 3, 2016
Since the game is about customizing styles I thought" Hmm, shall I be able to create a somewhat good heavy/tank type thing in this?"

Moreless from what I seen the community been going with a weight system (more weight generally = slower)

Note these ideas are from many styles and ideas
small list (games with greater influence PS are listed higher)
TF2
Global agenda (yes the game may not been the best but it did have good ideas)
Overwatch

Moreless the idea of these weapons are based through a good few

Shields (These being separated)
-Personal = Personal shields are useful for Mainly you ,yes it helps if someone stays DIRECTLY behind you but not more, You can use lighter weapons (smaller weapons being like PDWs type weapons and SMGs) , They block a DECENT bit of the body but not a extreme amount (so you can still be hit ,very when standing. These trade Most of your movement for tankiness while allowing you to still be able to fight a enemy at range

-Team = These are mainly to defend your team as the name goes ,but disallows your attacking ,unless you plan to bash them with the shield ,these shields are meant to generally increase tankiness at the cost of Most of your offensive power (and movement like last).

-Stealth Shield = Yea , things are starting to heat up aren't they? Now these shields cloaks you and behind you (so if you let say find a MG nest ,you and a small team can go by the MG ,but the shield is weak itself, so if Mr.HMG sees a shimmer and goes "O SHINEY SHOOT!" ,it will break Not as fast as a glass cannon would ,but would no where near last long as a shield above (so These CAN help against Lighter arms in a pitch but no where near as long as above ) These trade movement per the general ,and allows you to do flanks easier vs AI and players ,but again at a cost you can't attack with this thing up

-Redirection = Know the old phrase of if you can not dodge a attack, you try to reflect it or deflect it ,yea this is a shield gun combo ,which is a idea of zarya which you have a decent size shield for your team, but again light ,Any damage it takes overcharges your power battery in a gun or melee ,which makes it deal more damage ,When the damage is released it charges the shield (so cycle between each makes the other more power, but fail to cycle also has a downside) The cost is movement, and again Needing skill, while also opening your team to fire , Now when the charge is not used it generally starts to overheat your power supplies which as you may guess starts the trend of it just kills the motor systems as they try to keep the power supply cooled (so the metal does not melt or electronics fry which as you guess , is not great when in combat)

All shields can Bash at close range dealing damage ,The team shield and personal deal most ,with stealth and redirection dealing least

Time for some more Fun ,Tear your enemies apart weapons (yes ,they are HEAVY but Man they could be FUN)

List for ahead
Tribes
TF2
Firefall
Bioshock 2

Reminber rhino? ,This was from a old build

- War = (yep the thing is called War ,I also called it warthog's surprise due to how the thing fired)
Moreless a minigun that's extreme in weight ,but shoots explosive rounds (so moreless low AOE, but did massive damage)

-Devastor = This is a massive laser so yes it hurts targets extremely ,but requires pinpoint beam (the beam starts low damage , but increases as you start to get more ticks on a target where they start to feel the pain more ,and more , The damage increase falls off after 3 seconds of no hits)
So you are a slow ,devasting death machine , just don't expect many power reserves to be up with this thing operating on you

-The Red General's Deathswitch (cold war reference) = a quad barrel Rocket launcher with fire based rockets (aka you shoot there will be napalm like fire on the ground) ,When on fire ,rate of fire is increased (Not your fire) ,expect this thing to be HEAVY , so you are again slow ,which may be a issue if you must fight a fast foe ,you best be accurate

Spoiler

Red general deathswitch refers to a program which the soviets had/have which would launch nukes if soviets got nuked

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
The shield idea could work, if we get a shield i think melee weapons could become an option too, a huge sword, chainsword, heck, even powerfull two handed weapons could do.

Looks like this is an idea that could be used.

Oct 3, 2016
Ah the shield idea is awesome for the Omniframe. Like in Gundam. Let me think about it.
err which?

The shield idea could work, if we get a shield i think melee weapons could become an option too, a huge sword, chainsword, heck, even powerfull two handed weapons could do.

Well unsure how a two handed weapon can be used ,while still keeping the protection (on the personal anyways since it offers the least in terms of full frontial coverage when I imaged it , if asking the idea was about the idea of some shields in warhammer mixed with afew other ideas )

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016

Heck no. You have to balance for that and fighting against something like that is no fun - or playing as one is such a <pottymouth> experience, nobody enjoys it and everyone complains.
I don't remember what MMO it was, but when melee types where beefed up, suddenly you got those human lightnings that closed the gap to you in an instant, unleashed a dragon ball combo on your face and you were send to respawn in less than 2 seconds. That's retarded.

Red general deathswitch refers to a program which the soviets had/have which would launch nukes if soviets got nuked
wasn't that called cold hands?

Last edited:
I've already brought up some shield ideas, and I was thinking about a particular strategy with them, taken from one of the units in Red Alert 3, that had riot shields and shotguns. What they'd do, is they could bring up their shields, close the distance to their target, while being battered and when they were near, whip out the shotgun and blast them from close range. Now, that just one use for them. Providing cover to others while they snipe, recover, hack something, give orders, blast off grenades from the behind that explode in the sky to shower an area with...uh...thermite, for example and both can safely watch it all burn from behind the cover of the shield.

Question is...what type of shields should they be. Huge fuck-off walls, like the tower-shields or energy-shields that can simply expand from a generate and could be made to expand further, and for longer periods of time, absorbing more damage...etc. with a whole skill or upgrade-tree and upgrade slots within equipment.

I was brainstorming, before, about the use of melee weapons and asked the same thing. Should they be completely solid, in every part, or should they be energy-construct, for less weight, storage-space and possibly more options for upgrades, including, shape, size, range, color, effect...etc.

Oct 3, 2016
Heck no. You have to balance for that and fighting against something like that is no fun - or playing as one is such a <pottymouth> experience, nobody enjoys it and everyone complains.
I don't remember what MMO it was, but when melee types where beefed up, suddenly you got those human lightnings that closed the gap to you in an instant, unleashed a dragon ball combo on your face and you were send to respawn in less than 2 seconds. That's retarded.

wasn't that called cold hands?
Yes ,but I meant Red general referring to the soviet union, and the Deathswitch referring to how if they died , US ,and a few others would gotten nuked .

Also again I said these are HEAVY ideas, and weight slows ,also if a guy runs fast and does large damage, (Note 3 of the 4 disallows weapon usage so only personal shield which offers Good protection from the front, But is not unkillable (AKA the body still is shown ,and if they stand more body is shown allowing you to gun them) ,anyways these ideas been balaenced mainly for PVE ,But some thought has been took to PVP

I've already brought up some shield ideas, and I was thinking about a particular strategy with them, taken from one of the units in Red Alert 3, that had riot shields and shotguns. What they'd do, is they could bring up their shields, close the distance to their target, while being battered and when they were near, whip out the shotgun and blast them from close range. Now, that just one use for them. Providing cover to others while they snipe, recover, hack something, give orders, blast off grenades from the behind that explode in the sky to shower an area with...uh...thermite, for example and both can safely watch it all burn from behind the cover of the shield.

Question is...what type of shields should they be. Huge fuck-off walls, like the tower-shields or energy-shields that can simply expand from a generate and could be made to expand further, and for longer periods of time, absorbing more damage...etc. with a whole skill or upgrade-tree and upgrade slots within equipment.

I was brainstorming, before, about the use of melee weapons and asked the same thing. Should they be completely solid, in every part, or should they be energy-construct, for less weight, storage-space and possibly more options for upgrades, including, shape, size, range, color, effect...etc.
Yes I had same issues, I when the route different shields being made different ways .

Personal in my head is a Part of both (Mostly metal ,but energy constructs in it that could be made to expand and slam into the foe causing more damage ,and a get off me type idea ) .

The Team shield being energy and metal based ,but mainly energy with metal parts throughout it to strengthen the shield as well as having some slots (so a in a sense mobile bunker on front) so allies shoot through ,or closing slots if the fire becomes too much) .The rest being pure energy besides the generators.

anyways The shotgun + Shield idea is partly the personal shield + whichever gun you decide.

In the end I thought shields should be unlimited duration (looked at OW for this and paladins),If we play OW your shield stays as long as it has HP ,But in paladins your shield stays for 10 seconds at best and is rather weak at times ,Which means if a enemy does a prolonged assault ,your shield will eventually go on cooldown which ends with you taking cover or try to body block , Now radius it covers or size, toughness , color , shape , and etc upgrades , I would say should be a Postive , and a negative in each upgrade.

Kouyioue

Aug 1, 2016
I do miss turret_mode.
It would be cool to watch your mech mount itself to the ground and have its hands and machinegun turn into a swivel-mounted turret as the transformation :)

I would love to see turret_mode as an ability in this game !

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
I like the shielded cover ability from xcom 2, where you become an immobile fortress for 2 rounds to provide teammates extra cover in open fields.

Again, we can still use other armored vehicles as covers too, wich would make such shielding redundant.

Aug 14, 2016
On the idea of things like stealth shields. Something like the shield walls used in Ghost In The Shell would be a good example of a tactical stealth team shield. The therm-optic barrier is an energy wall capable of obscuring sight and slowing bullets.

I like to play as stealth characters, and even if most of the time I do that solo (it is just easier for one person to move around unnoticed than it for a group of people) I do like the idea being able to also hide my friends so we can set up traps and ambush.

Case and point. In the First Assult game, those shield walls always give you a moment of pause because you never know if someone is behind them or not. Sure you can just blindly shot at them but sense sound in the game can be used to track people firing your gun is just giving away your location. Some people just put up the walls in places just to make people think someone might be there, while in truth they are trying to flank them from the other side.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2016
OVERF*CKINGCHARGE ABILITY! OVERCHARGE YOUR SHIELD TO 300% SH*T AND THEN BOOM, INCLUDING YERSELF.

HAPPY NOW?
WHY MUST YOU GIVE ME IDEAS !!!

Shield Rush = Increases speed 50% ,reduce turning 75% ,Overload shield to 150% bonus HP ,Lasts for 5 seconds or til you shield bash which cause leftover HP to be turned into damage ,With a 5 meter AOE when you hit a enemy target (damages you included) Shield cool off period is 30 seconds to 1 minute (up to 2.5 minutes if needed) .

( DMG of rush = (Shield bash DMG) + (0.5 x (Shield current HP Here)

(outer Aoe range damage = Damage of rush x 0.1 (a 10th of the total damage)

Yep ,You wanted a BOOMSHIELD, I GIVE A BOOMSHIELD (wish it was a boomstick through :( ).

On the idea of things like stealth shields. Something like the shield walls used in Ghost In The Shell would be a good example of a tactical stealth team shield. The therm-optic barrier is an energy wall capable of obscuring sight and slowing bullets.

I like to play as stealth characters, and even if most of the time I do that solo (it is just easier for one person to move around unnoticed than it for a group of people) I do like the idea being able to also hide my friends so we can set up traps and ambush.

Case and point. In the First Assult game, those shield walls always give you a moment of pause because you never know if someone is behind them or not. Sure you can just blindly shot at them but sense sound in the game can be used to track people firing your gun is just giving away your location. Some people just put up the walls in places just to make people think someone might be there, while in truth they are trying to flank them from the other side.
My idea was more similar to a Crysis cloak + Reinhardt's Shield in senses of Yes , it could ALWAYS BE SEEN ,but it shimmers ,which is noteable the closer it gets (If you ever played Crysis 1 , If you hunted snipers ,the MAIN thing to look for was a blue shimmer of light (it triggered less if they were still ,but more if they moved)

The idea of the shield was for group play , again balanced mainly for PVE ,but with some care to PVP

Shield rush if you guys think is OP ,Note they can barely turn as they charge ,and any shield in use gains more health (personal shields may not use this PS since it not total energy in my eye) and it disables the cloak of the stealth (or makes it EXTREMELY noteable) Again tried to make it something sane yet rewarding (and If Mr T asks for a bigger boom ,he will get a bigger AOE weapon in mind)

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2016
For a good example of a shield charge using macha I think the anime Break Blade did a good realistic of how it would work. Not how because of the mass of all the extra armor he can't really make sharp turns with also putting a lot of stress on the mecha and himself. The size, mass, and G-forces of such acts need to be taken into account. Because remember just because your vehicle or mecha is now going in a new direction doesn't mean your brain, blood, and internal organs are not moving in the old direction. Plus when things with a lot of mass start moving it takes a lot of energy and force to get them change direction or to stop.

To take the idea of a forearm-shield that transforms into a forearm-mounted weapon (e.g.: Shock-Rail-type weapon) even further. The shield doesn't have to be physical, but energy-based, allowing for modification to the size and angle of protection. Also, with further/different modification, the projected barrier of energy could absorb enemy fire and even the kinetic energy from melee attacks, store it (having a limit to what it can absorb, which can be extended with mods, too), then when it turns back into the weapon, the first shot or an entire clip, can use the stored energy as extra damage, depleting the gauge that would show how much extra energy it absorbed.

In a way, this could be used to turn the enemy's attacks against them.

Also, this could be done with all kinds of weapons, merged with such a shield. So e.g.: SMG-builds would get some extra damage for an entire clip or several clips, while sniper-builds can have a massive damage bonus for a single shot or a couple of shots. Alternating between fire-mods could also determine how the stored-energy would be expended.

Aug 14, 2016
To take the idea of a forearm-shield that transforms into a forearm-mounted weapon (e.g.: Shock-Rail-type weapon) even further. The shield doesn't have to be physical, but energy-based, allowing for modification to the size and angle of protection. Also, with further/different modification, the projected barrier of energy could absorb enemy fire and even the kinetic energy from melee attacks, store it (having a limit to what it can absorb, which can be extended with mods, too), then when it turns back into the weapon, the first shot or an entire clip, can use the stored energy as extra damage, depleting the gauge that would show how much extra energy it absorbed.

Also, this could be done with all kinds of weapons, merged with such a shield. So e.g.: SMG-builds would get some extra damage for an entire clip or several clips, while sniper-builds can have a massive damage bonus for a single shot or a couple of shots. Alternating between fire-mods could also determine how the stored-energy would be expended.
I like this idea personally as a person who never blocks and only counterattacks. Trust me, when a person like me allows themselves to be hit is for a reason, to take the energy of the attack and refocus it into our own attack.

Also, I would like to point out something in that Break Blade video I posted before. As can see the red shields on the arms Rygart's mecha have large blades on them. The main purpose of those blades are not for attacking, although that can be used to attack. The blade is at the bottle of the shield attached to a pile driver inside the shield itself to aid in defense. The purpose is that when your are trying to resist / block a really powerful attack you would need to have good footing and a low center of gravity or be anchored to the ground in some way. So the blades on the shields main purpose are be driven deep into the ground to make it easier for you to resist an oncoming force and to stop you from being pushed back and/or knocked down. The fact that you can also use the anchor blades as a weapon too is more of an afterthought.

This logic is not just for things like shields. Think of the reasons why in some sports the players wear cleated shoes, some literally have spikes on their feet. Mecha with things like pile drivers in/on their feet or legs are designed to resist a lot of force and stay in one spot if at all possible. And it is not just for defense like with the shield spikes I pointed out before. But also for attacking too. Granted this idea mostly only comes into play when the mecha has a super powerful gun where the recoil of the gun can push the mecha backwards and/or make it fall over, or they are swinging a weapon with a lot of mass that can throw the mecha off balance, or they are using it hold themselves in place while they are throttling their jets for a powerful and often high speed charge/dash attack.

Last edited:

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
Also, I would like to point out something in that Break Blade video I posted before. As can see the red shields on the arms Rygart's mecha have large blades on them. The main purpose of those blades are not for attacking, although that can be used to attack. The blade is at the bottle of the shield attached to a pile driver inside the shield itself to aid in defense. The purpose is that when your are trying to resist / block a really powerful attack you would need to have good footing and a low center of gravity or be anchored to the ground in some way. So the blades on the shields main purpose are be driven deep into the ground to make it easier for you to resist an oncoming force and to stop you from being pushed back and/or knocked down. The fact that you can also use the anchor blades as a weapon too is more of an afterthought.
No, the red armor is bolted on, the blades are just so ridicolously large and heavy, your average joe doesnt have enough "mana" to power and control a golem to hold much less wield them effectively. The "broken blade" is nuclear or whatever powered, so it doesn't matter to rygart and makes them perfect for him as he cant use crystaline powered air rifles.
The blades just peak out and are used as "head takers", maybe as spoilers (with all that weight very unlikely) - see 3:00 when the armor comes undone and the swords pop out.
I also doubt it would be that much of a problem as the vehicles weight don't really influence you very much, it is the speed and the inertia of your own body.
I doubt he's running much faster than 100 km/h, while it is a considerable speed if you smash into a wall, it's not really exceeding the human G-Force limit unless you try to turn on a pinhead.

Aug 14, 2016
No, the red armor is bolted on, the blades are just so ridicolously large and heavy, your average joe doesnt have enough "mana" to power and control a golem to hold much less wield them effectively. The "broken blade" is nuclear or whatever powered, so it doesn't matter to rygart and makes them perfect for him as he cant use crystaline powered air rifles.
The blades just peak out and are used as "head takers", maybe as spoilers (with all that weight very unlikely) - see 3:00 when the armor comes undone and the swords pop out.
I also doubt it would be that much of a problem as the vehicles weight don't really influence you very much, it is the speed and the inertia of your own body.
I doubt he's running much faster than 100 km/h, while it is a considerable speed if you smash into a wall, it's not really exceeding the human G-Force limit unless you try to turn on a pinhead.
True, I but I just trying to make a point about things people need to think about when dealing with things velocity, turning radius, and the transference of energy. Remember in Em-8er our mechas can glide with wings and use things like jets to boost speed. And trying to make sharp turns in anything powered by jets is going to make you feel some noticeable G's. And if I can add turning boosters on my mecha (it is not uncommon for high-speed mecha to have thrusters to move them from side to side and well as make 180 turns as fast and small as possible. Look at games like Armored Core where that is an option of how to build your mecha.) my mecha and pilot are going to be under a lot of stress at those speeds. Making the mecha have more mass also by effect adds way more momentum and changes the vectors.

Also just because a weapon or armor is designed for one thing doesn't mean it can't also be used for another thing. That is why talked about things like pile drivers.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2016

Well I must admit that is better then the idea I had by a good deal in some senses (idk why a sniper may want to get close but then again I seen people try to snipe with shotguns in games) .