Old video

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
This is a spiritual successor, what is staying the same is just as important as what is changing.

There is still an emphasis on shooter combat, resource collecting and crafting stuff.
Though now we will be able to build vehicles and structures not just gear.
Instead of excessive granularity just for gear, we have a more streamlined input for a far more varied output.
The thumper concept returns but has upgraded from a passive, stationary drill machine to a giant bipedal mech that has some fight of it's own. The enemies that attack that mech will range from smaller enemies we face directly to giant monsters that require a concerted effort between us and the T.H.M.P.R. Then we have to protect it on it's way back to a base.
This time around we are looking at a smaller, more unified dev team. No investor to interfere.
Pure PVE for the foreseable future to keep the scope smaller. and, of course, a different story/lore that this is all built upon.

Sep 1, 2016
If I were to wish I could add something, i'd like another faction so we could have more varied content... as it stands we expect we will be fighting that one alien enemy race and various wildlife, i'd like to see another faction make it three-way like
then we could have more varied options for missions/quests

back in firefall I didn't really get bored 3+ years fighting just the chosen but it also gets old quick (oh shit here they come again!!)
that being said there was also that faction called the ophanim that sadly didn't see much play besides being like bandits lmao
there's so much wasted potential in that