What Firefall have always capture my vision even til now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fooni

Commander
Jul 26, 2016
First, start playing this Soundtrack and then read.

It all began when i first stepped into Copa and then near the Copa glider pad i was told to destroy a Chosen Drop Pod next to Sancturary(you know the grave achievement). I head right and went to Trans-Hub on the road path. Like any other newbies, i just you know slowly moving and not sprinting. It was ultra dark at the time and those light poles were on. And then i went through the trans-hub tunnel and discover Trans-hub.

What captures my vision is the light poles in the night while slowly walking and turning the camera angles with this OST. Thanks for reading.

What captures your Vision?

Jul 26, 2016
Doing what I did in every other MMO and not getting stopped by invisible walls.
Which is jumping up and over every mountain, knee-high fence, building, ocean, etc and trying to get past everything.

And I was also testing to see how similar it was to Global Agenda.

so near freedom and flight captured my vision.

Silv3r Shadow

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 29, 2016
Being able to run in with 30 other random players to slay Baneclaws, it didn't matter how long you played, horizontal progression broke that barrier.
I enjoyed gathering resources that I earned from risk vs reward and craft gear to the statistics that I wanted.
I made more friends from the beta stages because it was made for teamwork.

And special mention for the CY + resource rewards and the copa/TD/SH invasions ;)

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
Dropping Thumpers near the Melding just to see what would come out of the damn cloud. That was fun.
Drawing lots of critters into Copa to slay the AFK players. Also, good times.
Jump Padding AFK players and sending them out into the wilds. Yes, more good times.
Chasing after drop pods on the map just to kill them for the hell of it. Yep, more good times.
Pretty much everything about the game until they decided that we needed vertical progression and that changing the game to over focus on crafting was great.
Too bad that Chosen War was really never going to happen. The Melding Gate art and explanation I got at Red5, that would have made the War Zone viable as a stand alone instance area but......... yeah back to that shit show.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
My favorite memories was a bug on a patch. Pocket thumping in sargasso sea. Dropping three S3's and a P3 all on the edges of 980+ resources. Hit that 72% completion and out come about 9 varrants per thumper. Oh good Lord that was amazing. Our group flipping out about the bug but completing every thumper successfully.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2016
PvP with the Plasma and Assault. Still in my mind my most favorite weapon and "player" combo i have ever found. No other game has been quite so fun and fluent to me.

Sargasso thumping with several S3's would get crazy too, never had a game be quite so full on and fun like that ever before..

Jul 26, 2016
Georgia, USA
sheri.bot
What captured my vision for firefall is having massive thumpers dig into the group for rare resources. Like credits and etc. I loved the experience of hunting down areas to place thumpers and getting a lot of resources. Freedom was another catcher. I enjoyed the jet pack and freedom of the game. i liked how each battle wouldn't be the same, and each battle was so unique it gave a history.

Sn0wfIak3

Jul 27, 2016
.......my heart hurts......what a video......
Thank you. I have to admit, i poured my hearth and soul into that one. There's a story behind it still refuse to share to this day, something about being invited into something while keeping my damn mouth shut about something going on. I'm not good at keeping my mouth shut. Screw you R5, nothing personal. You're all awesome in my book.

Daskrieg

Sep 22, 2016
I miss out on the joy of dropping a thumper then surrounding it in turrets with the help of like 10 passing by bastions, so many times in firefall I wish I had screen shots of, many of which from my times in closed beta when the chosen drop pods did not have landing indicators which ultimately ended up with my recon or raptor smashed into the ground on an almost every other day basis. I miss the Invasions of Sunken harbor and Thump dump, I miss the callouts for Baneclaw, I miss the massive Tiki torch random drops, the human towers after fighting off invasions, the Random trolling from the expert players in global chat while still giving useful advice (or just completely trolling but it was fun none the less). I miss the original firefall from its closed beta and want to see a game that can bring back all these memories we have all encountered and want to see again in a game that had a progression system that was not the generic level based drabble firefall devolved into, I want to see that original system or as closs as possible btought back to life for all of us who were fans of the Original firefall progression system.

Its a pity the game had died off the way it did, so much effort was put into the original form of the game only to have the unique style and fun all stripped away I want to see Ember take off with the hype Firefall started off with and keep on running. Lets make sure that Ember is the New Firefall, the way it was meant to be

Jul 31, 2016
Early on: Jumping into a game and stumbling through a group with a heavy thumper active. It was like finding Armageddon. All hell breaking loose, waves of enemies, random people killing anything that moves. (later, you understood what was happening and new how to anticipate) but that first time for a "good" group thump was crazy.

Mid game: Being able to reclaim multiple towers without help. Made you really feel like a badass to effectively trap/hunt chosen.

Late game: Logging into a game with a red map and very few players, and swap to your "kill" frame and just walking from place to place and the deity-level frame you built. As well as having a community that would open-chat rep you for reclaiming/helping take back the map

Overall: The camaraderie of the closed beta. Everyone wanted to have fun (and was), very few trolls, have good conversation while idle-thumping with randoms that came by, and having in game staff that were a pleasure to play beside.

(I was Heavy Squad thumping a location that didn't spawn. An in-game ranger stumbled upon me, gave me a friendly warning that it would be patched soon because they had marked the spot that I was using. I said "oh? Well.. you probably want to mark spot X,Y,Z because it does it, too. About 15 mins later, I got a message and a temp EXP boost after they confirmed that the spot was legit. At no point was the interaction unpleasant, and it was cool that they acknowledged that I shouldn't be doing that, but then awarded me for pointing out another "flaw" ) Good community makes or breaks an overall gaming experience.

Aphaz

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
i started playing in open beta, while there were still q999 items in 4 tiers of equipment, u had a passive ability (EMP BLAST FTW :D ) u had to craft/get and frames had MASS/PWR/CPU constrains and it wuz insta love for me...the freedom in the game (Sargasso sea and that "Cargo ship event"...lol), and the comunity of ppl/devs... pity about the end...1.6 was "the drop that spilled the barrel" for me. donated a ton of prpl lvl 40 equipment to some players (for some reason i got arsenal refund twice...lol) and bid my farewell.
:D
i can't speak for closed beta but a friend of mine who bought the founder's pack said that it was even better in many ways. if that a kind of freedom can be achieved that would do it for me...
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.