Do you agree with me?

• Total voters

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Crixa is also alternate timeline. The Cold War is alive. Soviet Russia still exists and has its own solar system. So does the USA from the 50's 60's.
Yes...yes..more lore. Tell us more.

Jul 26, 2016
...So does the USA from the 50's 60's.
you mean there is a 1 solar systems which are entrenched in the USA of the 50's and another entrenched in the USA of the 60's?

So they were colonized in those decades and didn't have enough contact with the rest of the universe to get past those two decades in their mannerism, social structure, philisophy and government?

Cool.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
I guess it was too much to hope for something original.
I think you are confusing this for the main story. There are 28 systems and the US and Russia are not dominant parts of the story. The Crixa setting for tabletop is very wide and accomodates DM's need for the usual favorite tropes as well as new and unique ones.

Ember itself has nothing to do with these factions. They focus on a a single faction which has nomadic roots and is not allied with any past nation.

Jul 26, 2016
I think you are confusing this for the main story. There are 28 systems and the US and Russia are not dominant parts of the story. The Crixa setting for tabletop is very wide and accomodates DM's need for the usual favorite tropes as well as new and unique ones.

Ember itself has nothing to do with these factions. They focus on a a single faction which has nomadic roots and is not allied with any past nation.
Basically... you all remember the EVE had a FPS called Dust 514 which took place on a single world and had some impact on EVE? Or that the MMO Defiance had a tv show that was supposed to be affected by what occurs in the MMO?
Ember is like that.

Gordro

Omniframe Inventor
Jul 26, 2016
England
besides i don't really see how a flag can offend someone

You ARE joking here surely?

In the case of the Stars and Stripes, there is enough ill feeling towards the symbol and what it represents to the 3rd world that people are willing to die just to take the flag down from an embassy wall. In Southern Eire 10 years ago the Union Jack would not have been a healthy symbol to have outside your house.

A Nation's flag is an INCREDIBLY emotive icon.

Anyhoo

I did come to this post with a preconception based on the title of the thread, I'm glad that I was disappointed.

The OP makes a really good point (in fact one mirroring my feelings about decal options in the current Firefall). However In the case of Ember I feel we are safe, its not like any of the Earth Governments and boundaries exist in the Crixor universe

Jul 27, 2016
Somewhere on Earth
Things like Earth or corporations flags are ok, but never make any symbol that may piss of someone.
Uh...this is the internet. Street signs piss people off, shirts piss people off, Half-off sales ending a couple minutes early piss people off. I think what you just proposed is an insurmountable obstacle.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
WEEEEEEEELL, to those who don't like the murican flag..... just join the rushian in Crixa and kick murican butts, problem solved
*Explosolution*