New Em-8er Build - Unreal Engine 5 NANITE test - FEEDBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoUSMCVet

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
Colorado
They can edit what commands are available for use. in terms of security, there is nothing really of value in a test build. The console would for the client to change some settings but nothing could really do anything to server

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
They can edit what commands are available for use. in terms of security, there is nothing really of value in a test build. The console would for the client to change some settings but nothing could really do anything to server
Does the method protect the user's privacy as well?

If this was available it would be interesting to see the difference between before kick starter and at kick starter and beyond.

NeoUSMCVet

Omega Founder
Jul 28, 2016
Colorado
Does the method protect the user's privacy as well?

If this was available it would be interesting to see the difference between before kick starter and at kick starter and beyond.
Not sure what you mean by protecting privacy. The console is specific to unreal engine. commands such as viewing the triangle count, or nanite visual representation. changing settings such as gamma, contrast, etc. its a development tool for engine based content debugging.

For example ARK Survival Evolved uses the console for their cheat commands in their pc builds as long as your an admin on a server or running a local game, During development it is what we used to profile hardware, Identify performance issues, and monitor networking.

While i was working the team on Last Oasis, I ended up using the console to identify network errors with procedural generated assets.

It is literally a Command (cmd) console for executing engine commands.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Not sure what you mean by protecting privacy. The console is specific to unreal engine. commands such as viewing the triangle count, or nanite visual representation. changing settings such as gamma, contrast, etc. its a development tool for engine based content debugging.

For example ARK Survival Evolved uses the console for their cheat commands in their pc builds as long as your an admin on a server or running a local game, During development it is what we used to profile hardware, Identify performance issues, and monitor networking.

While i was working the team on Last Oasis, I ended up using the console to identify network errors with procedural generated assets.

It is literally a Command (cmd) console for executing engine commands.
Ah i thought the console could be a way to find out sensitive information of players my imagination got going again i have to partly blame those hacking shows.

Oh its like in l4d2 there is a console thing and i keep my fps frame locked that way by typing fps_max 144 or something like that and it works.

Console is handy and i seen some people use it for training maps to spawn / despawn bosses etc

Status
Not open for further replies.