Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Okay, so I've been away for a while and have noticed that there are some new newcomer packs... My question to the all knowing's out there, will I benefit from buying into these new newcomer packs? Thanks for your time!
Hello @DrFutzLoop !!
One of our AWESOME Greeters, @Shadow , made a Compare Packs website that many folks have found very useful!!

You can use it to compare packs in the Newcomer campaign or in the M3 campaign, if you're looking to upgrade an existing pack.

You can also use the "Legacy" page to compare packs between the Newcomer and M3 campaigns. However, you can NOT cross upgrade, nor can M3 packs be purchased any longer.

Here is Shadow's Compare Site: https://gatestrider.one/packcompare

I hope this helps, please ask if you have any more questions about Em-8er!! Cheers!! ~ Faeryl

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The tool doesn't compare M3 to Newcomer packs?
Ah i see it under legacy of the site but does it mean its just the older version of the site and still updated?
https://gatestrider.one/legacyPackcompare

The user guide explains to select box on the phone but not on phone!
Maybe better to say on the device because then it could be which ever device the user is on.

This site name is really good :cool:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I still cannot compare Omni ace to Shifter...
The site doesn't compare M3 Packs vs Newcomer Packs. Only packs within the same group. However you could open a second tab and go between them. A bit tedious but effective.
I'd like to see that in one tab please for the future!

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Hello @Pandagnome @Valaetoshiru and @Wyntyr :

Ah i see it under legacy of the site but does it mean its just the older version of the site and still updated?
No. The "Legacy" page is not an older version of the site.
It is the page used to compare M3 Backer packs versus Newcomer Backer packs.

As I said in my reply to DrFutzLoop above:
You can also use the "Legacy" page to compare packs between the Newcomer and M3 campaigns. However, you can NOT cross upgrade, nor can M3 packs be purchased any longer.
The button on the Gatestrider home page you click to get there looks like this:
1625468168592.png

Here is a direct text link to the "Legacy" page:
https://gatestrider.one/legacyPackcompare

I hope that helps clear things up. :cool:
Cheers!! ~ Faeryl

Shadow

Terraformer
Greeter
Feb 13, 2017
@Faeryl Thank you :) In depth and detailed explanations (and more)

@Pandagnome Legacy just means in this case, the original design (complexity wise) that has since been simplified due to the nature of upgrading packs and what it's usual purpose would be.
However as @PartTimeJedi mentioned it [here] , requesting a cross comparison and we already had the code mostly functional, we just released the old UI with the functionality working similar to how it works on the main one. The thing is that it ended up being niche and we didn't work on the UI since, you will however notice that the new packs that have since been introduced, have been added to both as it works the moment I update the info listing on both.
Also for the "phones" bit, it was just a more widespread use as of this time, it applies to any smaller windows, even on a pc if you shrink it, works the same :)

Last edited: