Casting Call

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Now that the playable mockup is impending, I'd like start a stream of it. A very unique stream. But to do that, I need help.

I want to start a split-screen stream of 4 people (or however many will be in the mockup) all in the playable mockup together Halo-style. I have all the tech set up, I just need 3 more people. We will stream at 2 PM Pacific every Sunday.

What you need:
- A copy of the playable mockup
- A computer that can both run and stream the mockup
- An internet connection that can do the same
- Availability at that time
- Microphone preferable but not required

What you don't need:
- A large following on social media
- A ton of technical skills (if you can join a zoom call, you can do this)
- A camera
- Money
- A soothing/exotic voice
- Good looks
- Epic gamer skills

EDIT: We're looking for people on Sundays for an hour or two between 2 and 4

Edit 2: As said below, you don't really need streaming skills. I do most of the work for you. Your part involves basically joining a zoom call.

Update: Maximo backed out, so now I have an extra slot and the schedule is more flexible

Edit 3: Reworded the OP for clarity and accuracy

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
other people with access and a computer strong enough to stream (and preferably a microphone).
Have the stream getting there just need to work on it a bit more here is my first attempt :oops::D

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1043914844

With regards to mic going to see how to set it up.

Nice stream and that firefall style facecam overlay :cool:

Question for you lot is it worth sticking with the recommended auto wizard that obs studio does or configuring it manually?

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
It's been a while, but I've got the same setup. This was Dungeon Siege for the PC. Blue Yeti Pro microphone. Don't have a green screen at the moment, but can work out a cam and an overlay with some time if necessary. I'd need to know what times you'd be streaming since I'm Australia-based.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL65Ahn5zSWoerul80_kDG7WXTF5ivgGbA
Have the stream getting there just need to work on it a bit more here is my first attempt :oops::D
Looks good Pandagnome, very smooth!
Edit: Wait, what happened at the end? You disappeared completely.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
It's been a while, but I've got the same setup. This was Dungeon Siege for the PC. Blue Yeti Pro microphone. Don't have a green screen at the moment, but can work out a cam and an overlay with some time if necessary. I'd need to know what times you'd be streaming since I'm Australia-based.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL65Ahn5zSWoerul80_kDG7WXTF5ivgGbA

Looks good Pandagnome, very smooth!
Edit: Wait, what happened at the end? You disappeared completely.
Didn't realise you did videos way back, had a look at the project warlock videos and it lead me to finding this which i seem to like that style!

Got no idea what happened air dashed and went into darkness o_O

looked like a good exit all that was needed was the beep beep sound :p

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
His computer's not up to snuff
Think could be the settings from what i have read, going to try 720p output or something and changing my bit rate and the encoder etc etc etc etc

Just need to find that right setting and i am hope that may make it better?

That's really cool!
Yes i absolutely love this, no idea how to get that done correctly yet looked at this video several times and still not sure how
Have the plugin installed to do it, just have to see how to set it up correctly to make it work.

Setting up takes the most time for me i am sure i'll get it eventually!

That's me out unless it's Friday or Saturday.
Fridays and saturdays are good days

I am zone UTC +1
might have to whisper if its too late the walls have ears and sleepy heads get annoyed :oops:

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I should restate that you don't need to be a pro streamer or have a large following. You don't even need to put in very much work. I guide you through a basic setup and take care of the rest myself. It's no more difficult than a zoom call.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Now for the mic its a pain i am either too loud or too quiet and figuring how to remove unwanted background noise as well etc etc etc