Size Of Armaments, Going Frame-less, Repairs

Vel

Ark Liege
Nov 13, 2018
I remember on the old M3 Indiegogo they said Attack on Titan was an inspiration, so I'd like to think the idea is at least kicking around the offices.
Also +1 to the PSO2 symbol art; the auto-triggers can be annoying, or extraordinarily helpful depending on the coordination with the group. Giving a sign + coordinates of where you went down and need a rez is just so simple, intuitive, and downright useful, I'm surprised its not incorporated into more games

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
On the topic of the G-suits, I always thought they was just space suits given how omniframes are able to work in space and all. And if they are spacesuits they would be more than able to keep you alive on the planet even in the middle of winter at night because there is no way the planet is going to be colder than the vacuum of space.
Spoke to some folks who never seen Em8er and they also wondered about how surviving as a pilot.

A game i did not know about until 0v3rkill mentioned this to me

Aug 14, 2016
well all spacesults are just like tiny wearable spaceships. They have to keep your body at the right pressure and temperature in order you to survive. All spacesuits have a system built into them that keeps the person inside of it from getting to hot and to cold. And given how I'm unaware of any planet that is colder than space itself, because of how thermodynamics works, it wouldn't matter even if the pilot was at the polar ice caps of the planet as long as their suit was still working it would keep them from freezing.

If anything, my question is where are their helmets? Or is the terraforming happening inside of something like bubble or rayshield to keep the gasses from the inside and outside from mixing and not transferring heat to the outside? I guess with a thick enough rayshield that would be possible but it would need a ton of energy to keep the shield up at all times. And would only stop glasses from passing through it. People and animals would be able to pass through it as if it was not there. Although you might sense the odd magnetic field, ions, and pressure change as you pass from one side to the other.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
where are their helmets?
Yes some could be various helmets such as racing helmets and other styles of helmets.

well all spacesults are just like tiny wearable spaceships. They have to keep your body at the right pressure and temperature in order you to survive.
That sounds good, so we have our mini spaceships and we have our bigger spaceships too

Aug 14, 2016
That sounds good, so we have our mini spaceships and we have our bigger spaceships too
Yes, and going by how many life support systems are inside of the spacesuit you may never have to take it off. Although it is a lot harder to make a suit with a waste management and recycling system small enough to fit inside of it with our level of technology. But in the future as things become smaller, faster, and more powerful I can see people living their whole lives inside of that kind of spacesuit. Kind of like how some of the alien races in movies and games do. We never really see what the those aliens look like because they never take off their spacesuits. And if I was on a planet what was not fully terraformed yet where the temperature alone could kill me, I would never take off my spacesuit ether.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Yes, and going by how many life support systems are inside of the spacesuit you may never have to take it off. Although it is a lot harder to make a suit with a waste management and recycling system small enough to fit inside of it with our level of technology. But in the future as things become smaller, faster, and more powerful I can see people living their whole lives inside of that kind of spacesuit. Kind of like how some of the alien races in movies and games do. We never really see what the those aliens look like because they never take off their spacesuits. And if I was on a planet what was not fully terraformed yet where the temperature alone could kill me, I would never take off my spacesuit ether.
Wonder if there are those that are native and have climatised to the environment such organisms with properties that even some of the scientist would wonder how they survived all these times and figure out how to develop it for their own survival.

If poops and wees and excess heat is just a byproduct in the future the poops and pees would be less because the suit could provide the exact amount of nutrients/minerals without wasting anything depending on the individual's exertion/metabolism.

Poopy/wee time could be less but gas well that could be something the suit could use to regenerate its power and the user's kinetic movement, solar energy and other systems.

I am even more curious now by the pilots suit types just like there are mek types and would all pilot suits be made the same or have various options to upgrade, this makes sense to me because lets say someone cannot afford a mek right away and they got to survive like everyone else so the suits could be just as important.

There was something else with pets could they help in some way, because having a pet that just aimlessly wonders is not so interesting.

As an example if my pet was a micro bot and i am running out of power the micro bot would latch on to my back and become a small power pack temporarily if needed.

liandri

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 29, 2016
Zone of Bones, Australia
If poops and wees and excess heat is just a byproduct in the future the poops and pees would be less because the suit could provide the exact amount of nutrients/minerals without wasting anything depending on the individual's exertion/metabolism.

Poopy/wee time could be less but gas well that could be something the suit could use to regenerate its power and the user's kinetic movement, solar energy and other systems.
Deep poopy lore right here. I wonder what we'll see on the orbital station when it comes to food, drink and amenities... Firefall had come interesting consumables on the menus and signs around Coral Forest.
I am even more curious now by the pilots suit types just like there are mek types and would all pilot suits be made the same or have various options to upgrade, this makes sense to me because lets say someone cannot afford a mek right away and they got to survive like everyone else so the suits could be just as important.
I wonder if the light omniframe fits into this role? There would be situations where an exosuit built around your limbs would be better than driving an entire frame, but not for combat encounters with Tsi-hu. Maybe as technicians in orbit? Dunno.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
wonder what we'll see on the orbital station when it comes to food, drink and amenities
Thinking about it could see some very odd foods like bop blobs larva buns and it would only get hot after you start moving so you could see people eating and once they stand up and move they get very hot!

So if your angry or in a bad mood having that food could end up exploding but good thing we have
Those cool robot they would blast you with coolness sometimes you might see certain areas flooded or frozen because well fire hazard needs to be prevented!!!
1606737080644.jpeg

Then can imagine another food called Roarburger the burger would float but if you look closely there are nano bots with little antigravity device the individual would just open the mouth the side effects of the burger is the roar ofc because the belly feels good.

1606738919112.gif

here would be situations where an exosuit built around your limbs would be better than driving an entire frame, but not for combat encounters with Tsi-hu. Maybe as technicians in orbit?
Yes and could have a multi tool kit arm like the engineers in firefall but way more versatile sort of like a swiss army knife of multi tool.