March 28th, 2020 Updates Missile Demo Live! March Skin revealed! Scheduled Chief Chats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
***UPDATES GALORE!***

Download the Missile Demo Today!

The Missile Demo is now ready for download for all eligible backers! People with nVidia cards, please re-download this version for much faster framerates, as we fixed an error that left RTX enabled. Dollar pack winners can upgrade at 20% off to also receive the demo. Subscribers also now have access to the THMPR demo as well! We had a second stream where we show it off on Twitch!

Thanks to everyone who attended our stream and chief chat. We now have a much simpler streaming setup that will allow us to easily do Twitch streams and chief chat at the same time. We will have REGULAR CHIEF CHATS every other Thursday. Starting on April 9, at 11am PDT, followed by another one, 2 weeks later on April 23, at 5pm PDT! Each chief chat will feature the usual: livestream of game, backer pack, dollar packs, and skin raffles. Join our discord server at https://discord.gg /em-8er

Our March skin is now available to monthly patrons.

New artist Ra.Ru.Ru. from Japan delivers the GS-09 "Cinder" medium omniframe skin.
You can follow them on their twitter https://twitter.com/raruru_painter
or Pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/15885720

This is a rare skin available to current Monthly Patrons and those who join us by April 15! You can join our subscription program HERE! https://my.em8er.com/perks

Still time to get all packs at 20% as we are doing our discount program due to Covid-19 lockdown. A reminder that Paypal is also available via direct email to [email protected]. Regular Newcomer packs can be purchased with credit card HERE and all M3 and Newcomer packs can be upgraded via the website.

Last edited:

PartTimeJedi

Em8ER Adjudicator
Staff member
Archon
Ember Moderator
Nov 13, 2018
Holy Terra
UPDATE I turned off the RTX force ray tracing thingy as explained by some nice peeps over in the Demo Chat and all issues were fixed ,,, Getting 60+ on EPIC now! Looks great and plays smooth!

So every other Demo I max out on FPS 60+ on EPIC. Beautiful textures, colors and smooth as butter. The missile swarm demo I cannot get over 20 FPS on LOW. I re-downloaded just to make sure but its pretty much unplayable for me. All my drivers are up to date and Im running a Dell 7757 gaming computer with the new i5 and 1060 max-q Graphics card.
If i go to medium settings the FPS drops to 3-4 and I get a strobe affect that would send the strongest person into seizures. Here is a pic of the strobe effect on Medium.
I also couldn't exit the game 2X as the "quit" button would not work.. Had to Hard Shutdown..
The keybinds sometimes would work across the board.. I had to press them several times.
The previous THMPR and 100 player test demo ran smooth as butter with 60+ FPS.. Hopefully the bugs can can fixed on this one.

Em8erMovement   3_27_2020 8_46_24 PM111.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020
UPDATE I turned off the RTX force ray tracing thingy as explained by some nice peeps over in the Demo Chat and all issues were fixed ,,, Getting 60+ on HIGH now! Looks great and plays smooth!

So every other Demo I max out on FPS 60+ on EPIC. Beautiful textures, colors and smooth as butter. The missile swarm demo I cannot get over 20 FPS on LOW. I re-downloaded just to make sure but its pretty much unplayable for me. All my drivers are up to date and Im running a Dell 7757 gaming computer with the new i5 and 1060 max-q Graphics card.
If i go to medium settings the FPS drops to 3-4 and I get a strobe affect that would send the strongest person into seizures. Here is a pic of the strobe effect on Medium.
I also couldn't exit the game 2X as the "quit" button would not work.. Had to Hard Shutdown..
The keybinds sometimes would work across the board.. I had to press them several times.
The previous THMPR and 100 player test demo ran smooth as butter with 60+ FPS.. Hopefully the bugs can can fixed on this one.

View attachment 3602
I ran into the same issue, and fixed it the same way as well. I was very confused as to why I was getting 11 FPS when I was usually getting 60+ on the epic settings. Thank you for the update and the heads up!

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
-Plasma Cannon firing sounds too "metallic" if that makes any sense in my opinion
-We need a way to know that backspace removes key binds ( I managed to get 4 keys for one ability that would overlap with other abilities)
-Mouse Scroll doesn't work as a key bind, I would be happy to use it for weapon switching
-The missile swarm lock-on window is too small, it's difficult to lock on to multiple targets and I need to be very still if i want to lock on to one target multiple times and lock on time is to long in my opinion.
-Ray Tracing is killing my GPU (Should be in the settings not a separate key)

A glitch I encountered:
While repeatedly pressing weapon switching and firing at the same time I manged to make the assault rifle to always fire and I could switch to the plasma cannon and the assault rifle would still shoot and hit targets I aim at and I could fire the plasma and assault rifle at the same time essentially

Edit 29/03/20:
Some more things i noticed:
-After firing the plasma cannon the reticle doesn't shrink back until you shoot the assault rifle or run around holstering the weapon
-When firing the missiles from pretty high up or pretty far, the missiles would either explode before reaching the target or go completely off track.
-Missiles are too slow I think, you can out glide the missiles. when firing at other players they can simply glide away. could be problematical against fast moving tsi-hu. Big thanks to Shadow for helping me test this out. He also told me after I left the game the missiles he fired at me went back at him for some reason.
-After you kill the Tsi-hu the missiles also fly back in your direction.

Edit 01/04/20:
-I figured out the assault rifle glitch: you fire the assault rifle and while holding down fire you switch weapons and it keeps firing no matter what you do.
-The UI shifting options shifts everything which is bad, while on previous builds the icons were on the edge of the screen now they're closer to the middle and i can't move them there without moving everything including the reticle which makes me miss shots(I have an 21:9 Display)

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
A glitch I encountered:
While repeatedly pressing weapon switching and firing at the same time I manged to make the assault rifle to always fire and I could switch to the plasma cannon and the assault rifle would still shoot and hit targets I aim at and I could fire the plasma and assault rifle at the same time essentially
I just noticed this too fired my assualt rifle and then switched to swarm launcher and my assault rifle kept firing away!

thanks also now i know what K is for good to know :) looks way better without it for me and smoother!

This update is very smooth after stopping this raytracing thingy

what i think could improve missile swarm
- Add a highlighted colour to know what is being targeted easier to see then

- perhaps a manual version of the missile swarm because sometimes you may have priority targets that need more

- Add over the top sounds for explosions and perhaps with a night mode to see how the tracers would look in their different colour and other effects too.

- I have noticed the sea looks good and the blood effect though think the aliens need a different colour blood than red or they just spark out perhaps with some silvery liquid like the t-1000 from the terminator movie. Also for those who dont want that could just vaporize!

This is by far bigger improvement than last update its getting better each time i am still terrible at pvp but the missile swarm helped me i am sticking with pve :p

Last edited:

Jansin3

Terraformer
Jul 27, 2016
Estonia
Solid fps in vr.
Didn't bother to unplug so i played it in vr.
Uhhhh
Game launches Oculus and if i remember correctly somebody said it was fixed months ago.
1585414067193.png

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
For those that missed the stream or need a recap, here are the notes from yesterday's stream. As always, only new and relevant info has been added:

1. Skin/Cosmetic system: Skins can be earned in-game or purchased on rotation

2. No mandatory subscription fee

3. Optional subscription fee similar to season passes, gives access to skins and such

4. Subscriber Count: 860

5. Heavy frames will have a shield bash ability

6. MEKs have a scanning spike (in their fist) instead of scan hammer - slam it into the ground to search for resources

7. Mined resources will time out after a while. Players have to collect them as they are mined.

8. Game is being built for PC, but the kickstarter may have a stretch goal for a console port, depending on funding and interest

9. THMPRs will be upgradeable

10. The Assault Rifle is an energy weapon - effects may be changed to better reflect this

11. At low durability gear becomes nerfed (no permanent durability loss/breakage). They can be repaired using any resource (no necessity for the original resource used to craft the item). All resources can be converted into a Common Exchange. This can be used to repair anything in the game.

12. RNG in Em-8ER: When trying to build a particular weapon or gear the system will weight the odds in the player's favor in order to find the necessary resources. The extent of weighting will depend on the player's contribution towards building bases with scanning facilities. Depending on the resources the player donates, they receive certain perks, such as faster research, better odds of finding resources they want etc. Thus players have influence over the RNG in Em-8ER.

13. Lore tidbit: Tsi-hu come through rifts, and have a lot of distorting energy around them that interferes with sensors. This makes locking on with weapon difficult and thus pilots have to rely on manual skill.

14. Difficulty of encounters will be dynamic

15. Ultra-wide monitor support, including margins for the UI to customize their location on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.