Weapon demo 2 is LIVE! Give us your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2017
Portugal
I have some feedback to give.
So, I love how you guys are approaching bullet spread and recoil, with the crosshair itself moving around. I like that! But sometimes when the crosshair moves too much, it feels weird and kinda gives me a little motion sickness.
it's hard to explain, but I guess I'm just too used to having crosshairs in the very center of the screen, so when they move my brain really doesn't like it. So I have a suggestion: put a "ghost" of the crosshairs always in the middle of the screen, so that when the crosshair itself moves, it gives the player a better idea of where it has moved to compared to the center.

The only example I can really think of is Splatoon 2 when using motion controls. The crosshairs will move, but there will always be a "ghost" in the center so you always have a reference of where the middle of the screen is.

1576325949483.png

I know this might be a bit of a nitpick, but it's just a suggestion I have.

Dec 13, 2019
I figured out that there is no cap to the fire rate on the assault rifle when clicking. To be honest I figured out that due to the stunning performance the game provides very few inputs are eaten, and that my software allows for macro implementation. So, with all this information in mind, I went to my keyboard and my mouse's software and set up a fast click macro on each. The fastest I could produce with my software was 1ms between each click. However, my friend zephyr_em's software could go to sub millisecond increments. He managed to set up the delay to be, I believe, .001ms between each click. As such and with his and mine computers being rather good, we figured out that you can in fact kill someone in a single clip of the AR with a fast click macro. When killed by the macro you hear what sounds like an A-10 warthog firing, your shield are gone before you can even react, and by the time you are dead your fingers have just started to react to the hellstorm of gunfire. When you are about 20m away the burst appears to either be, in my case, a super fast gun, or in Zephyr's case, a double barrel shotgun firing high damage pellets at you. I almost didn't want to report this but I also don't want to be killed by it so... yeah. Unless this gets patched, the PvP will become who has the better spray control and faster macro. However, other than this game breaking issue, the game is very enjoyable and the flying is better done that some AAA games. 10/10 would recommend.

RaZoR

Death Reaper
Jul 26, 2016
Great progress @Grummz. Your builds are coming along great. A shoutout to your team for their ongoing support and dedication. You guys must be excited about the prospects of where this can go.
Now most of us don't get a chance of playing live, and all we have is the recordings to see how the progress is developing, and to hear what is proposed in the upcoming future of the game. So I have to point out that your last recording from twitch was a disappointment , not in the game play, but trying to listen to what you were saying. Dozens of people were mentioning the sound levels on twitch, and told to go to discord for a better sound level. But for us now listening to the recordings, it was so annoying not hearing what you were saying.
Anyway, great job, hope you read this, and wait for the next installment.

Skube

Firstclaimer
Hypedration
Jul 26, 2016
www.youtube.com
The Assault Rifle feels great, I do see how you need skill to get the best of it(unless you're using the exploit) , I'd like to be able to zoom with right mouse button cause the assault rifle doesn't have an alt fire. Can't wait to see how upgrading it will help in the future.
And the exploit is fun you can do some serious DPS with it.
I made a video about it:

Greenon

Ark Liege
Jan 18, 2017
I can't wait to craft better gear...

On that note, overall a good experience for me. I like the AR look and feel. The sound is a little underwhelming (reminds me of a slightly suppressed smg). The muzzle flash is a bit large. The spread leaves something to be desired. The range is nice. :)
The spread drags the screen with where ever the projectile is going causing a bit of disorientation for me. i love the rate of fire and the accuracy is nice burst firing the AR is fine however i did expect a little bit more accuracy. Thanks for the great demo i am having a lot of fun keep up the good work and happy holidays!!

HarryPearce

Staff member
Ember Dev
Apr 25, 2018
The crash on startup issue, with the DXGI error message is an unreal engine 2.23 problem. It is present in presently shipped games like mechwarrior 5. It is related to full screen functionality. To fix it, go to

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Em8erMovement\Saved\Config\WindowsClient\GameUserSettings.ini

and change FullscreenMode to 2, which is windowed mode. Alternatively, setting it to 1 enables fullscreen borderless mode, and 0 is fullscreen mode which appears to be crashing. Furthermore, you can adjust ResolutionSizeX and ResolutionSizeY to change the window's size.

Jul 27, 2016
Massachusetts
I tried out the newest demo. The gun looks nice, and while the shooting sound effect isn't exactly the same as FF it does have a pleasant 'pop' sound. ;-) I don't like the shaking that happens or the reticle changing during firing. I understand that the intent is to force the player to shoot in short bursts, which this gun does nicely. One thing I would like to change is the camera distance from the character. The character seems to take up a large portion of the screen and I prefer to have a wider field of view. Maybe we can have a zoom feature that pushes the camera back so I can configure it it to my liking? Gread job on the demo! I am looking forward to more. =)

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
@IAmJohnGalt posted an important comment in #demo-chat

actually there is a way to fix that odd angle shooting, it consists of using 2 traces instead of 1, 1 trace comes from the camera, that one give the 2nd trace the location to send another trace from the muzzle of the gun to, that way its still using the accuracy of the first trace since its not effected by the animations of the character or the gun, while still not allowing "wierd angle shots if there is something in the line of sight of the gun
Untitled.jpg

Gallam

Aug 30, 2019
The overall feel of the assault rifle is pretty good! I'm not a huge fan of the level spread, and the speed at which it gets there, but I guess it is pretty proportional to the size of the clip, and given how it works in most games with shooting elements, burst fire is the way most people are going to be using their assault rifles against smaller enemies anyways.

Couple that with the idea that you're probably not going to worry too much about the spread when you're eventually going to go up against enemies who are 50+ feet tall (unless you need to aim for a glaring weak point), and I'd say that it *might* be in a pretty good place.

Edit: All that said, if in the future you have a huge amount of weapon variety/types of weapons better at dealing with situations involving big enemies/smaller enemies, the base assault rifle might also under-perform in the long run, and If you're accounting for pvp, then yeah, you may possibly want to fine tune it a bit more.

Last edited:

DoktOrk

SHIFTER
Omega Founder
Jan 7, 2018
Hi All,

I hear the build is nice, so first things first a big Thankyou for that!

I have an issue nevertheless, after I sign in the game (after I type in my credentials and click the login button), the view is like I would be inside of an obstacle, and the program does not react to any key. It does not chrash, it gives no error messages.
The former builds worked perfectly fine, so I do not think it would be my videocard.
Any help is appreciated.

Cheers: DoktOrk :-D

Oct 24, 2019
Hi All,
I have an issue nevertheless, after I sign in the game (after I type in my credentials and click the login button), the view is like I would be inside of an obstacle, and the program does not react to any key. It does not chrash, it gives no error messages.
I am having the same issue but I noticed it only started happening today, I was able to play it fine the day after release up until about a day ago.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
@DoktOrk @human#0427 @Partha

it happens. The Dev Team has been notified but with the holidays I don't know how soon the server will be reset. :(
Thank you Wyntyr! ️ ❤️

He is correct; the Dev Team has been made aware of the issue of spawning under the map and not being able to test the demo.

But seeing as how it broke right before Christmas, I don't know how soon it will be back up and running.

HOWEVER ... Once the issue has been resolved, I'll post an update on this thread as well as a message in the #demo-chat channel (which has become a temporary area for reporting issues with the demo).

Thank you all for reporting!!
:cool::cool::cool:

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!!

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
To all who are posting about the demo problem, thank you for letting us know!
This will be worked on and hopefully resolved shortly.
Please bare with us through the holiday season, were things may take a little longer to get dealt with.

Marakurt

Forerunner
Feb 7, 2019
The sound of a shot at a weapon seems to be from a kinetic one! The design of the standards looks powerful - if it’s powerful, you can increase the rate of fire! As in the additional mode! In this game, it is advisable to add a gap in the bodies of not only mobs and players, too !!! Cryogenic weapons hope too stir up!

Oct 13, 2018
great demo, i would add option to fix mouse sensitivity!
and to make it more awesome the bullet marks when you shoot inanimate objects like a rock should be more defined

also the fov button is bugged, you cant change it atm and for the sensitivity it slows down when im running and trying to aim side to side so if im using a a slightly below medium sensitivity on my mouse and in game then the aiming becomes very slow when strafing and shooting side to side

other then that i love it lol i just demolished whoever was on the demo just now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.