Runs on Linux!

Do any non-Windows platforms work for you?

• Total voters
Apr 9, 2018
" how "
oh pfff... Nevermind.
Works just fine NOW. ( ͡°Ĺ̯ ͡° )
Without Steam, Steamplay and without proton. On the opposite end, I don't think it even works with steamplay//proton. I just ran them directly with wine

Tried it on Debian 9 and Debian 10. It wanted me to install UE4 prerequisites and that would always fail so it wouldn't run.

Tried it on Ubuntu 19 with its own prefix install with wine 4. Kernel 5.0.0-13 generic Works immediately with NO dependencies.

Then again, I dist-upgraded that deb9 to deb10. I really should try it again with an actual deb10 freshly installed. Or maybe you just have to compile the latest wine from source straight from the wine website or something. . . .

That was a couple of days wasted . . . .

Last edited:

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
" how "
oh pfff... Nevermind.
Works just fine NOW. ( ͡°Ĺ̯ ͡° )

Tried it on Debian 9 and Debian 10. It wanted me to install UE4 prerequisites and that would always fail so it wouldn't run.

Tried it on Ubuntu 19 with its own prefix install with wine 4. Kernel 5.0.0-13 generic Works immediately with NO dependencies.

Then again, I dist-upgraded that deb9 to deb10. I really should try it again with an actual deb10 freshly installed. Or maybe you just have to compile the latest wine from source straight from the wine website or something. . . .

That was a couple of days wasted . . . .
Not to be that guy, but I stopped using static release distributions for my personal computer because having old software makes most of what I do more complicated. More often than not, newer=better. Rolling release with snapshots is the way to go.

Apr 9, 2018
I'm actually a false lead. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )
I don't care about linux, promoting it, or contributing and I only have it installed for about a week per year, in a VM. I don't even acknowledge linux when I'm with friends. I'm like mommy, smiling and waving but completely disregarding of your interests xD

I saw the question of em8er on linux so I jumped in to test em8er demos for myself because this game is still in development and every little person doing something helps a little bit

I just help make sure halopc, halocustomedition, and the HEK are well supported.
--snip-- and it works in debian. Nice. I accidentally DXVK'd it and that's why it wouldn't work the first time

Last edited:

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
I'm actually a false lead. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )
I don't care about linux, promoting it, or contributing and I only have it installed for about a week per year, in a VM. I don't even acknowledge linux when I'm with friends xD I'm like mommy, smiling and waving but completely unattentive of your interests xD

I saw the question of em8er on linux so I jumped in to test em8er demos for myself because this game is still in development and every little person doing something helps a little bit

I just help make sure halopc, halocustomedition, and the HEK are well supported.
I'll try debian again in a few days, maybe I missed something. I like debian so I try extra hard with it
Ha ha, I'm kind of the opposite. I'm not actually that into playing video games anymore (I still play sometimes) and tried to run the Em8er demo just to see if it would work. I'm a KDE developer and openSUSE Member, so I'm totally into Linux, but I'm not all up in people's faces about it.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Ha ha, I'm kind of the opposite. I'm not actually that into playing video games anymore (I still play sometimes) and tried to run the Em8er demo just to see if it would work. I'm a KDE developer and openSUSE Member, so I'm totally into Linux, but I'm not all up in people's faces about it.
I love plasma. Keep up the good work

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
My cousin told me about Deepin os, anyways hope there will be support for linux. Still have 1 computer with windows but after seeing Deepin that makes me think of deep strike it perhaps was a sign maybe

NoahDVS

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
My cousin told me about Deepin os, anyways hope there will be support for linux. Still have 1 computer with windows but after seeing Deepin that makes me think of deep strike it perhaps was a sign maybe
Deepin is one of those things that looks very pretty, but isn't so pretty when you actually use it. The desktop environment is buggier than more mainstream desktop environments like KDE Plasma, GNOME or Xfce and it has a lot of bad english in it.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Deepin is one of those things that looks very pretty, but isn't so pretty when you actually use it. The desktop environment is buggier than more mainstream desktop environments like KDE Plasma, GNOME or Xfce and it has a lot of bad english in it.
would you recommend Linux mint or something else?

Aug 24, 2023
I'm too curious to know if you've tried any non-Windows platforms to see if they work better for you. Sometimes, a change of scenery can do wonders. But if you decide to stick with Windows, you might want to get a cheap Windows key – it's a smart way to save some cash. Either way, hope you find a solution.

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I'm too curious to know if you've tried any non-Windows platforms to see if they work better for you. Sometimes, a change of scenery can do wonders.
Makes me wonder how many are using non-windows platform compared to those using windows platform that would be interesting to know.

Plus having not only windows platform could really help others get involved and play the game.
A friend of mine was unable to play since changing to a mac platform so is limited to the games that can be played.

I am hoping they have a team for the different platform to focus on, then in the future we could have more taking interest even a much bigger fan base!