Invert Mouse! (please)

Brodde

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Mar 1, 2017
It is great to see so many early demos available to backers. But I have not been able to enjoy them yet, since the camera control is in the opposite vertical direction from what I am used to. And there is no option to change it yet.

I think it should be a very quick feature to add, since it is supported by the engine. I do not mind if I need to edit a config file to enable it. Or if it is the default mouse mode ; )

Just to be clear, this is how I would like it to work:
  • Moving the mouse forward should result in the camera tilting forward.
  • In a 2D interface (menus etc.), moving the mouse forward should move the cursor up.
  • No special case for different vehicles, first person/third person views etc.
Please add this option when you have time. I am really looking forward to start testing the early builds.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I personally never use it for run&gun play, but for the simulation aspect of Em-8ER an inverted mouse mode will be in high demand. As for third vs first person views, that will, for afact, be implanted. My guess is it is part of the gun test build. So expect it then.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
It is great to see so many early demos available to backers. But I have not been able to enjoy them yet, since the camera control is in the opposite vertical direction from what I am used to. And there is no option to change it yet.

I think it should be a very quick feature to add, since it is supported by the engine. I do not mind if I need to edit a config file to enable it. Or if it is the default mouse mode ; )

Just to be clear, this is how I would like it to work:
  • Moving the mouse forward should result in the camera tilting forward.
  • In a 2D interface (menus etc.), moving the mouse forward should move the cursor up.
  • No special case for different vehicles, first person/third person views etc.
Please add this option when you have time. I am really looking forward to start testing the early builds.
1. What do you mean "tilt forward"? Also how would you look up?
2. Does it not already do that?
3. what kind of special cases are you referring to?

AFAIK invert mouse just means when you move the mouse up it goes down and vice versa, not this complex thing.

Brodde

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Mar 1, 2017
1. What do you mean "tilt forward"? Also how would you look up?
2. Does it not already do that?
3. what kind of special cases are you referring to?

AFAIK invert mouse just means when you move the mouse up it goes down and vice versa, not this complex thing.
I don't know about your hardware, but my mouse is on the table. If I lift it up, nothing happens. =)

1: I mean that if you move the mouse forward, the camera should tilt forward (look down). And of course it should work in the opposite direction as well (mouse back -> tilt back, look up).

2: It does work in most 3D games, but there is no option for it in Em8er yet.

3: In some games the camera works differently depending on what the character is doing. So when you are in a vehicle the mouse is inverted, but when you run it is not. This is fine as long as it is optional. (In some Korean MMO's have this not optional, and "invert mouse" inverts both modes, which makes it impossible to use vehicles with invert mouse).

Brodde

Omega Founder
Ark Liege
Mar 1, 2017
Thank you so much for adding invert mouse!

I just noticed the config files for the latest demos. And it was pretty easy to find the invert mouse options.

For anyone else who needs to fix the Y axis, just edit the file:
Em8erTHMPRDemo\Em8erMovement\Config\DefaultInput.ini

Search for the string "bInvert" and change it from "False" to "True" for the controller you want to fix.

So for mouse Y axis you would change the line:
Code:
+AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="MouseY",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.000000,Sensitivity=0.070000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=False))
to:
Code:
+AxisConfig=(AxisKeyName="MouseY",AxisProperties=(DeadZone=0.000000,Sensitivity=0.070000,Exponent=1.000000,bInvert=True))
There are other alternatives in the config files to get the same result, but I guess changing this value is the correct way.

This is awesome! Now I will start trying out the demos!