Having technical issues with the Em-8ER Forums, Web Site or Discord?

bengal

Death Reaper
Jul 27, 2016
any help here as to the terrain demo? i have yet to get it to launch.
i get an error says " couldnt start" with the location & createProcess0 returned 2

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
any help here as to the terrain demo? i have yet to get it to launch.
i get an error says " couldnt start" with the location & createProcess0 returned 2
Hello!
Just to verify, you downloaded this demo on the list:
"New Copa Terrain Demo" - Terrain Demo for Terraformed Em8ER , right?

If that's the case, you may need to contact Em-8ER Support via email at [email protected]. Please give them as much information about the error on the download and launch of the Terrain Demo as possible.

Also, don't forget there's a Movement Demo, a 5-Person Multiplayer Demo (locally hosted via Steam), a 64-Person Multiplayer Demo, and today's 100-Person Multiplayer Demo. The last two being on a dedicated server that's up and running 24/7 thanks to Em-8ER Patrons!!

Proz4c

Freya & Wrenga
Aug 20, 2019
Hi All,
I feel pretty lame but I can't figure out how or where to download the main engine of the game. I've tried to use the 100 player demo but i'm not sure if I have all the parts or have installed them correctly. Is there a set of instructions?
thanks!

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
Hi All,
I feel pretty lame but I can't figure out how or where to download the main engine of the game. I've tried to use the 100 player demo but i'm not sure if I have all the parts or have installed them correctly. Is there a set of instructions?
thanks!
Hi @Proz4c !! I'll be happy to help you locate the downloads for the 100 player demo!

Step 1. Log into: https://my.em8er.com/login

Step 2. Click on "Downloads" in the upper right corner of the site.

Step 3. Move to the section that says, "Newcomer" and click on the orange "Download" text next to the following title:
"100 Player Weapon Stress Test - 100 Player Stress Test with our new Weapons!"

Step 4. Download the zip file and extract the files to a new folder, where you can find the folder easily.

Step 5. Open the new folder and double click on the executable that says: "Em8erMovementClient.exe".

Step 6. ENJOY THE DEMO! :cool:

I hope this helps, please let me know! CHEERS!
~ Faeryl, your friendly Em-8ER Greeter

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
Please Note: Even though the Dev Team may not always reply, they DO check this section and contact Reapers directly, as soon as they are able.

@Aisman_ , yes, there is a way to change your name. I'm honestly not sure if the site and forum are linked. But, if you're not contacted, or see a reply within the next 3 business days, reply again here.

Also please bear in mind, Monday, November 11th is a federal holiday (Veteran's Day) in the USA and that may cause a delay in addition to it being a weekend. ;):cool:

I hope this helps, CHEERS!
~ Faeryl, your friendly Em-8ER Greeter

Mar 29, 2019
Hi there,
I'm trying to subscribe to the "CRIXA SUBSCRIPTION ALL-ACCESS PASS", but I don't have a credit card, nor plan on getting one just for this.
Is there any alternative payment option available, that I'm missing?

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
Hi there,
I'm trying to subscribe to the "CRIXA SUBSCRIPTION ALL-ACCESS PASS", but I don't have a credit card, nor plan on getting one just for this.
Is there any alternative payment option available, that I'm missing?
Hello there ChockLatte!! At this time, the only way to subscribe to the Em-8ER Patron Subscription (referred to as "Crixa All Access Pass" on the website), is by using a debit or credit card via Stripe within the subscription page.

However, you can purchase one of the Newcomer Backer Packs via PayPal. See those here: https://my.em8er.com/perks/campaign/5 . Details on how to pay via PayPal for backer packs is included on the page. Click on the "Show More" inside the orange text box at the top to reveal instructions at the end.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!
You can also join us in the Discord: https://discord.gg/em-8er !!

I hope this helps! Cheers!
Fairyl, the A.I. Nynja Greeter :cool:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Discord issue i am running it on the palemoon browser.

I am using the latest windows 10 and the latest palemon

- Unable to hear anything or speak
+ Able to see words, images. emoji's and able to reply

Not sure if it is either the browser or discord?

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
discord.gg
Discord issue i am running it on the palemoon browser.

I am using the latest windows 10 and the latest palemon

- Unable to hear anything or speak
+ Able to see words, images. emoji's and able to reply

Not sure if it is either the browser or discord?
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a professionally trained IT person and I do not use Palemoon.

However, I have experience using MS Windows and PCs as well as I have almost 4 years experience in using Discord. What I can do is offer you some basic troubleshooting for Discord in general.

First check to see if Discord is muted or if sounds are allowed from the Discord app within the Palemoon browser.

I use Brave; and it has a feature where you can mute a specific app or a specific tab within the browser.

My next suggestion would be to check your sound settings in Windows 10. Open "Volume Mixer" (right click on the speaker icon in your toolbar) and select appropriate device (headset or speaker), then click on its icon which will open properties. Check that the device is enabled, drivers are updated, and nothing is muted on the "Levels" tab.

Then check Discord sound settings. Be sure your headset or speakers are selected. Go to User Settings > Voice & Video ... check that the correct "Input Device" and "Output Device" are selected. You can even perform a Mic Test there.

Personally speaking, I prefer using the Discord desktop application for voice and video; and the browser versions I only use for text and emojis.

If you make any changes, don't forget to completely restart Discord.

Again, I don't use voice or video via the browser on Discord so, I'm not quite sure how you restart or refresh Discord - other than maybe reloading the tab.

Let me know if any or none of these attempts resolve it for you. :cool:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Let me know if any or none of these attempts resolve it for you. :cool:
You might also verify that your volume control on the speakers/headset itself isn't set at very low. Be sure it's own mute button isn't pressed, and that the device is plugged in. Sometimes I've had one of these as an issue.

Thanks for all the help, discord is now showing a message my browser is not supported blaaagh