Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
Wouldn't those addicted to microtransactions just make another account when they can't buy anything on their main account?
That's almost like saying wouldn't alcoholics just make a friend drunk when they can't buy anything for themselves?

The idea of a microtransaction is that it stays on and is used by an account. It isn't the buying that's the addiction, it's the having.

Purchasing another copy of the game isn't just bypassing their self-imposed limit, it's resetting. This is also why I proposed the abstainer-specific banner and ranks.

Mar 16, 2017
That's almost like saying wouldn't alcoholics just make a friend drunk when they can't buy anything for themselves?

The idea of a microtransaction is that it stays on and is used by an account. It isn't the buying that's the addiction, it's the having.

Purchasing another copy of the game isn't just bypassing their self-imposed limit, it's resetting. This is also why I proposed the abstainer-specific banner and ranks.
Everyone has multiple accounts on like every game.

Vinak

Omega Founder
Sep 13, 2016
I'm going to need some clarification on what they mean by convenience, and utility items being purchasable.