Everyone, meet gatestrider.one :)

Lootbag

Deepscanner
Dec 3, 2018
Serbia
Howdy Reapers,
This is my first post on the forums, and OH BOI! is it a big one for me :D
My bro @Speedy93 (Shadow) and I had a few ideas about making a fan site related to Em8er.
After @Maven published his Backer Pack Tool, we decided it was a perfect starting point for our website.
Took us some time to lay down the groundwork and work out the kinks, but now we are confident enough that we have something presentable to show to you. Please keep in mind, things are far beyond done.
Without further ado... meet gatestrider.one !

Be free to leave feedback in the comments :)

P.S. Works best on up-to-date browsers. Had a few bugs that were solved by simple browser updating.

EDIT 1:
Added a link on the bottom of PackCompare page that will take you to legacy version of the site where you can compare packs cross-milestone. It can be a bit confusing at start( which is actually the sole reason why it went legacy :eek:).

Last edited:

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I like:

* Easy to navigate!
* Nice slow side scrolling background

Little things to tweak:

* Orange border slightly bigger on the bottom for home and pack compare
* The selection list from select a pack and select a pack to compare are a bit hard to see.

This is looking neat so far :)
I have a site too but i much prefer yours it looks much easier to use for tablets/phones too

here is mine it needs more content.... was tempted to fill it with spam but that wouldnt be great :eek:
https://mechadrive.com/

Lootbag

Deepscanner
Dec 3, 2018
Serbia
@Pandagnome Thanks for the feedback mate! Really appreciate it :)

There are still minor tweaks to be done on current content and that border was a nice catch by you (Since tommorow is my day for bug hunting, it just couldn't have come at better time).

Also, I've checked your site, and I have to say: "You have an unpolished gem right there, would be a shame not to see it shine." :)

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Thanks for the kind words :) i hope to have time always time is the issue grr but holidays is good for time! In transition of finding another job so that and family time!

I am looking forward to all the community fun especially the cosplay for some reason i expect a lot of kaiju's running around & those stompy mechs an em8er convention it will be a blast :D

Had an idea not sure if it would be good but imagined that when you clicked home the box in the middle of the screen where it says greetings reaper before that appears imagine an image like this
1555449450064.jpeg
for a brief moment then the greeting writing appears to me just would add that little something.

I also like this one is contemplating jumping a gate!
1555449966188.png

I like this one because while contemplating a beast contemplates also
1555450201238.jpeg

but what if the cow appeared briefly first then tsihu breifly with an exclamation mark over it's head then the greeting message appear would that be too much hmmm

Last edited:

Shadow

Terraformer
Greeter
Feb 13, 2017
Well done!
Just a thought. I have a pack from the M3 and a pack from the Newcomer. But am only able to compare packs from the same campaign. Would be awesome if I could compare across campaigns.. But otherwise, FRIGGEN AESOME JOB!!!!!
While we were setting up, the original version allowed for cross milestone comparison.
Due to the complexity that this could potentially have on folk who are new to our growing community, some talk later we decided to simplify it's use. Focusing on comparing only within a milestone.
Now that you did mention it.. we might do something to make the old version available for use to folks with more curiosity. ;)

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
@Speedy93 and @Thicc-Loin ...

You BOTH did an AWESOME job on the transforming @Maven 's work into a searchable web page!!

I really did nothing more than check to be sure all was working as intended but, thank you for the mentions. :cool:

Maybe @Grummz and @Ronyn will check it out and help us iron out the terminology that is still confusing community members. ;)

Can you feel it?
I SAID, CAN YOU FEEL IT ??? :D

:cool::cool::cool: 8 FOR EM-8ER :cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

Lootbag

Deepscanner
Dec 3, 2018
Serbia
Jis thjis gjoing tjo bje thje wjikjia pjage fjor thje gjame?
Well, both Shadow and me dabble in website development, and this thing started as a talk between friends... No idea where it will lead to be honest, but two things I can tell you for certain: Community here is GREAT and we are passionate about Em8er.
So let us wait and see where this thing leads us :)