Old Firefall players, please respond!

Aphaz

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
i love the good old firefall beta, after that they broke the game.
to me it was still playable untill that 1.6 crap...that's when i quit...but i do agree that open beta wuz 10x better, especially 'cause you couldn't "have all perple" so you had to actually make your own build instead of just a "purple fever"
;):p

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
I played for 3 years, got my first paid frame, Arsenal, at Sunken harbor when you could try them out first, back when we had massive attacks by the chosen with everybody showing up for an all out free for all. If we lost , you had no access to the Harbor for a time. Then we had quests as 35 helping OilSpill and running all over the place, lots of fun, and the first bike was about 250000 Chrystite. Didn't think I was ever going to get that much to buy it, but it went fast. Oh yea and the really annoying guy at the bar in Sunken Harbor always talking crap, it felt good kicking his ass. Sorry got a bit nostalgic there.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
One of the things i cannot forget is the fish quest why does it still pop in my mind hmm anyways i like that quest felt heroic bringing fish to the starving citizen Also a package one where i had to race with the bike to deliver something. When they said firefall was dead to me it felt like one big joke and thought nothing of it until things started changing and more bugs started appearing the nightmare was real but enough of that :O

Strangely if firefall did not fall the Em8er might not ever happen or might hmm perhaps it is destiny that it has happened in that way.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
I would like to know why the 9 won't just let Mark have/buy FireFall and rework it. It is dead to them and worth nothing for their market. What would everyone do if it was revived? I finally found a pic of one of my Mammoth frames

Many reasons for it, sadly. But at this point, it would be such a distraction and use of resources (even though epic by all means) to restart firefall that Em-8er just needs to stay the focus. If anything, providing a monster success in Em-8er and perhaps a side project of acquiring firefall again. Until then, cauterize the wound, friend.

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
Thank you pandagnome, that was my real self for a while. Always the Stash but now with hair, ( a little anyway ). Heck i was already 60 when I played FireFall and plenty grey. I know we need to leave all that in the past, but it was a large part of all of us and we met so many new people there. Lets look forward to the new gathering of everyone so we can play and leave the drudge for a while. Working together to save humanity is a nice mind healer too as we all are working and heiping to preserve what we have left. Everyone needs something to feel good about no matter how small it may be. Enough rambling .

TheDragonMonkey

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Aug 24, 2016
Thank you pandagnome, that was my real self for a while. Always the Stash but now with hair, ( a little anyway ). Heck i was already 60 when I played FireFall and plenty grey. I know we need to leave all that in the past, but it was a large part of all of us and we met so many new people there. Lets look forward to the new gathering of everyone so we can play and leave the drudge for a while. Working together to save humanity is a nice mind healer too as we all are working and heiping to preserve what we have left. Everyone needs something to feel good about no matter how small it may be. Enough rambling .
I love old farts that play. I just turned 63 in September and like you I lived in FireFall.
Maybe we see each other in here.

Rawgi

Deepstriker
Sep 9, 2016
CA,USA
Ok I turned 65 in April with retirement and Medicare all the crap that goes with it. hell one of my sons is 41, so your still a kid, but then aren't we all still playing games. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. i'm sure i will see many people here as i did in FF. You are only as old as you feel. Now i can say its just a game and walk away, yea right, lol. Running out of new stuff to play, Red Dead won't ever be on PC , I'm done with Myst and Obduction, battlefield 1 meh, Battlefield 5 a woman with a prosthetic arm really? Need Em8er to be done soon.